Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
xo_Josie_xo

What is there to do in Colorado Springs?

35 posts in this topic

So I recently moved to the Springs from Denver and I am sad to say, there is definitely some culture shock. 

What is there to do for fun in this town? 

Anyone have any suggestions?

Depending on what you like to do, there's tons to do. Garden of the gods. Hiking up Red Rock canyon, cave of the winds, Santa's worship up highway 24, the zoo, pioneers museum. AND if you feel like being a little naughty, I'll take you the broadmoor and we can brighten the cheeks of the rich and famous. Old Colorado city had some great art galleries,  I could go on and on.

Melissa left out Pikes Peak, Cripple Creek gambling district up the canyon, within hour drive world class rafting adventures on Arkansas River, Royal Gorge, endless fishing opportunities. Oh, and the gorge train currently celebrating Oktober fest on the dinner train - lotsa beer, good food and scenery anyone? Prime aspen viewing next couple weeks. And ....... welcome to the better part of state lol. 😄

5 hours ago, xo_Josie_xo said:

So I recently moved to the Springs from Denver and I am sad to say, there is definitely some culture shock. 

Yeah, get your sweet tattooed ass back up to Denver - I wondered where you went!

3 hours ago, Badboy said:

Yeah, get your sweet tattooed ass back up to Denver - I wondered where you went!

I do miss Denver! I will definitely make it a point to come up to my old stomping grounds. ;)

9 hours ago, Melissa Sterling said:

Depending on what you like to do, there's tons to do. Garden of the gods. Hiking up Red Rock canyon, cave of the winds, Santa's worship up highway 24, the zoo, pioneers museum. AND if you feel like being a little naughty, I'll take you the broadmoor and we can brighten the cheeks of the rich and famous. Old Colorado city had some great art galleries,  I could go on and on.

We definitely need a broadmoor date asap. It has been too long since I saw you last. 

6 hours ago, gr8owl said:

Melissa left out Pikes Peak, Cripple Creek gambling district up the canyon, within hour drive world class rafting adventures on Arkansas River, Royal Gorge, endless fishing opportunities. Oh, and the gorge train currently celebrating Oktober fest on the dinner train - lotsa beer, good food and scenery anyone? Prime aspen viewing next couple weeks. And ....... welcome to the better part of state lol. 😄

Awww thank you. I hope to explore this Oktoberfest train you speak of. Beer and scenery? My favs!

20 minutes ago, xo_Josie_xo said:

We definitely need a broadmoor date asap. It has been too long since I saw you last. 

So how long did she last....

19 minutes ago, xo_Josie_xo said:

Awww thank you. I hope to explore this Oktoberfest train you speak of. Beer and scenery? My favs!

Let me write this down for future reference - pretty lady who likes beer and scenery. Check.  Got it. ;)

http://royalgorgeroute.com/special-events/oktoberfest/

1 minute ago, Mustang87 said:

Welcome to Colorado Springs.  I'm sure you'll love it here.

Thanks for the warm welcome fellas! I am very excited to be in this part of the state. I am looking forward to meeting new people. 

16 hours ago, Kaduk said:

So how long did she last....

I would hate to divulge trade secrets on her behalf however I have never been disappointed...

Sabrina has a fine idea as well a couple posts over lol. 😄

3 hours ago, xo_Josie_xo said:

I would hate to divulge trade secrets on her behalf however I have never been disappointed...

Yes, well we do have a lovely time don't we. Let's put it this way fellas, Josie makes my face hurt from smiling so much. ❤ I simply can't get enough of her. 

Melissa, you are far too sweet! I think I need some time with you. What are you doing early next week?  It has been far too long since I have made your face hurt ;)

Now this is the thread to get the popcorn for!  Any chance you could post a video?

for night life Zodiac is the best in town...a little  grubby, sure, but the BEST people in that otherwise pretty "eh" town are there. if you drop by tell Gentle,the owner, that I miss her. I will even PM my real  first name if you plan to go.

Royal Gorge is magnificent, though not exactly in COS - neither is Cripple Creek.  But if we're expanding the city limits, go to Canon City, tour the prison museum and then go to Le Petit Chablis - magnificent French place.  The train through the gorge is way over-hyped and the food decidedly mediocre - at least when I made the trip.

Go to the Garden of the Gods, and then drive west on Route 24 - about five miles west of Manitou (a neat little town) there's a winery - The Wines of Colorado.  Nice atmosphere by a creek, and decent food - though not outstanding - but very nice people and pretty good CO wine.

Edited by Paul Pudenda

On September 21, 2016 at 10:55 AM, xo_Josie_xo said:

Yup, move back to Denver!!

How was your trip west? New art? Let's meet for a brew next time you're up this way again..

On Wednesday, September 21, 2016 at 10:55 AM, xo_Josie_xo said:

Come hang out with me, I'll show u around. 💋

Absolutely nothing.  You should leave that horrible place and come up to Louisville (Denver suburb), where you can stay with me while you get re-settled.  I love your ink!

P.S.  I actually love COS, just kidding y'all!

Edited by Long Time
olive branch for COS

If you go to Canyon City to Royal Gorge, the old women's prison is definitely worth the visit. There are some great shooting ranges there as well if you like to shoot. Have fun love!

On 9/30/2016 at 1:14 PM, Womanlover-3464 said:

Yup, move back to Denver!!

How was your trip west? New art? Let's meet for a brew next time you're up this way again..

Loads of new art. The trip was fun but not the best one ever. Would love to catch up next time I am in Denver, unless you have wanderlust...

On 10/2/2016 at 10:01 PM, Madison Monroe-6320 said:

Come hang out with me, I'll show u around. 💋

Sounds like an amazing time! Would love to meet up! 

On 10/4/2016 at 6:18 PM, Long Time said:

Absolutely nothing.  You should leave that horrible place and come up to Louisville (Denver suburb), where you can stay with me while you get re-settled.  I love your ink!

P.S.  I actually love COS, just kidding y'all!

My goodness you move fast! ;)

On 9/30/2016 at 1:45 PM, Mr.Pink said:

go to church?

I think I get enough time on my knees. :P

2 hours ago, xo_Josie_xo said:

Sounds like an amazing time! Would love to meet up! 

Pm me if u want to do something, or my number is in my review profile as well dollface

2 hours ago, xo_Josie_xo said:

I think I get enough time on my knees. :P

OMG what a perfect reply! Too funny.