Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

50 years of Nerdvana

31 posts in this topic

50 years ago, as a bright and inquisitive 10 year old, I sat down in front of the family's B&W RCA tv and watched a new program.  Star Trek.  After that, I was hooked.  I paid attention to math and science, saved my allowance and built a huge fleet of model rockets, went to college and earned a degree in engineering, and never looked back.  Star Trek had a huge influence on my life.  I have also slowly realized over the years that it had a huge affect on my tastes in women.

Smart, sassy, confident, independent women, with large....ummmm....assets.  They slay me.  So:  what are your preferences?  For example, my taste in Orion Slave Girls runs more towards Susan Oliver

Vina_as_an_Orion_slave_girl.jpg

Than Yvonne Craig.

68ef6f495f5ef5b059b11e26832c215d.jpg

So, my question is, were any of my fellow hobbiests influenced the way I was?

Which Star Trek ladies would you rather do?

Ladies??? KIRK???

hqdefault.jpg

Or KAHN???

a8af61bffa678143469a74c6a8a0eeea.jpg

For a long time  Grace Lee Whitney as yeoman Janice Rand did it for me.

180px-James_Kirk_embraces_Janice_Rand.jp

Then Jeri Ryan came along and stole my heart as Seven of Nine.

638px-Seven_nude_hologram.jpg

You Trekkie You! Laplace and Johnboy#1!!! How very cool I remember watching reruns when I got home from school  while in high school and Jr high. Guess, that dates me a bit too. ;)  Which one is your favorite episode of the original show? 

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0708439/

Captain Kirk Hands down! Kahn reminds me of Charles Manson manipulating young  people into evil doings. Yeoman Janice with that checker board hairdo! I loved that beehive do and wonder how long it took to put it together? Chances are it was a wig.  Loved the show and still watch it Saturday nights when it comes out on Me TV.  Remembering the Generation Star Trek shows too! Great TV! 

Edited by Kali Sensual Reiki
Borg's

Well .... over time:

the original holy ..... !! :

Image result for star trek women

Hottest but in the worst series:

Image result for star trek women

ignoring recent escapades :( :

Image result

And, well, of course:

Image result for star trek women zoe

42642.jpg?v=1

Let's celebrate Gene Roddenberry's Star Trek by remembering that dirty movie he made that one time.

8 hours ago, Kali Sensual Reiki said:

Which one is your favorite episode of the original show? 

You do not know your danger, asking me to pontificate about Star Trek.

Being a bit of a military history buff, by far, my favorite episode was "Balance of Terror."  This is the one which introduces the Romulans, and from a pure entertainment point of view is a great tribute to the old submarine movies like "Run Silent, Run Deep."   Two brave, seasoned captains, both questioning the wisdom of war, and with wildly different technological advantages, face off in winner-takes-all game of "chess."

Keeping in mind that when this series came out we were closer to the end of World War 2 (21 years) that we are presently to the end of the first Gulf war. (25 years).  We were also involved in Vietnam.  As a result, there is a lot of really interesting stuff going on in the episode, including commentary on the role of racial prejudices in war and a subtle criticism of the internment of Japanese-American citizens during the war.  Very bold and risque' stuff given the times.

Episodes aside, however, my very favorite MOMENT from any episode of any of the series is this one.   I made my daughters memorize it:

Take care, young ladies, and value your wine.
Be watchful of young men in their velvet prime.
Deeply they'll swallow from your finest kegs,
Then swiftly be gone, leaving bitter dregs.
Ahh-ah-ah-ah, bitter dregs.

With smiling words and tender touch,
Man offers little and asks for so much.
He loves in the breathless excitement of night,
Then leaves with your treasure in cold morning light.
Ahh-ah-ah-ah, in cold morning light.

Laplace that is beautiful and yes I remember that one! Lot's to learn from watching this show.  Svengoolie will be showing "The Cage" in honor of the 50 years anniversary of Star Trek!  Sad that I am going to miss it. I have another engagement to go too.

Gr8owl,  Stargate Generation 1 with Samantha Carter! That was a great show! I remember that from the 80's!

42 minutes ago, Kali Sensual Reiki said:

Gr8owl,  Stargate Generation 1 with Samantha Carter! That was a great show! I remember that from the 80's!

As do I remember, however, the pic of the gorgeous blond I posted is Jennifer Lien as Kes from the Star Trek Voyager series. B)

18 hours ago, VeraSweets said:

I love Sci-Fi! My Queen:

1856a15f95172c7b82f9730933fd72e5.jpg

YES, YES, YES!!!! AGREE A BAZILLION TIMES!

22 hours ago, Kali Sensual Reiki said:

You Trekkie You! Laplace and Johnboy#1!!! How very cool I remember watching reruns when I got home from school  while in high school and Jr high. Guess, that dates me a bit too. ;)  Which one is your favorite episode of the original show? 

"Arena"

Image result for the gorn

But for extra credit which actress that portrayed a Star Trek babe was instrumental in Obama becoming president?  And how?

12 minutes ago, gr8owl said:

But for extra credit which actress that portrayed a Star Trek babe was instrumental in Obama becoming president?  And how?

Lets see...Would that be Teri Garr....through her MS charity work along with Mrs Obama?

But bless you for bringing politics into the discussion. Now I can post this:

" Lets see...Would that be Teri Garr....through her MS charity work along with Mrs Obama? "

Very interesting answer, but incorrect. At least much less instrumental.

(not to mention Teri Garr a babe.  OK Different strokes)

For me in Star Trek: TOS

Joan Collins in City of the Edge of Forever, well before she became that bitch in Dynasty. Also found the episode to be a tear jerker

MV5BMTkwNzM4MjM2M15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMjYx

Edited by amcbl1
Addtional content

HA! I was watching Star Trek this very evening!

The one with Ricardo Montelbon as Khan, one of my faves! He got marooned on Seti Alpha 5

9 hours ago, amcbl1 said:

But I always had a crush on Beverly Crusher in TNG;

BeverlyCrusher.jpg

I was thinking the same thing

15 hours ago, Melissa Sterling said:

YES, YES, YES!!!! AGREE A BAZILLION TIMES!

Ahh...a fellow FireFly fan among us :) Inara is truly a women to be revered. 

12 minutes ago, VeraSweets said:

Ahh...a fellow FireFly fan among us :) Inara is truly a women to be revered. 

Heck yeah.  Well anything done by Joss Wheadon. But one of the biggest TV crimes committed against fans was the cancellation of Firefly. 

I know you Stars trek fans are devoted, and the show was cool, but Firefly was way better. Can you imagine if the show was still around. Mal and the gang cruise the verse, and Inara being the best companion. That's it, binge watching Firefly

Michelle Nichols?

On September 8, 2016 at 10:38 PM, VeraSweets said:

I love Sci-Fi! My Queen:

1856a15f95172c7b82f9730933fd72e5.jpg

I have her autograph!

11 hours ago, Kali Sensual Reiki said:

Michelle Nichols?

Nichelle Nichols - Gorgeous then, georgous now!

2008%2BBacklot%2BFilm%2BFestival%2BTribu

2008-06-28-Nichelle_Nichols.jpg

On 9/9/2016 at 7:46 PM, gr8owl said:

that would be Jeri Ryan.  Obama was running against her ex-husband. At that time he was unknown to anybody and probably would have lost to  him.   Jeri Ryan divorce created a scandal that cost him his election. 

1 hour ago, valconxen said:

that would be Jeri Ryan.  Obama was running against her ex-husband. At that time he was unknown to anybody and probably would have lost to  him.   Jeri Ryan divorce created a scandal that cost him his election. 

Ding, ding - winner!  More particularly it was a seat that had been held by a republican and that appeared to be safe for another republican after the young pretty boy darling of the family values and moral majority crowd, Jack Ryan, won the republican primary.  Now to the relevance to a board like this (other than entertainment) were her allegations in the divorce papers that he repeatedly tried to coerce and force her into engaging in public sex acts in sex clubs in three different cities.  Once those papers were ordered released by a judge AFTER the primary, he had to withdraw and the relative unknown Obama walked in to the senate seat and key note speech at 2004 democrat convention.

Wow!!! You guys are all too smart for me! I am not a trivia person with actresses and actors. I just remember the story lines and the shows. Stayed up until 3 in the morning watching "The Time Tunnel"  and  "Land of the Giants" Old SiFy I can do it! Nichelle Nichols was involved with Martin Luther King JR. I know this because i know someone personally who was involved with his political movement. So, anyway that is why I thought it was Nichelle Nichols!  PFunk is right, she was a very beautiful woman!!! Lovely on the inside too from all that I was personally told too. ;)

wrong spelling of Her name not Michelle

On September 11, 2016 at 11:40 PM, Real Colorado Guy said:

I have her autograph!

Can I touch it? I'm so jealous!

On September 10, 2016 at 8:31 AM, Melissa Sterling said:

Heck yeah.  Well anything done by Joss Wheadon. But one of the biggest TV crimes committed against fans was the cancellation of Firefly. 

I completely agree! I love Joss for his knack for writing strong female leads into his work. It's such a shame that most of his stuff has an untimely end.