kellyofdallas

Why do guys on here want me to pay them to review me?

99 posts in this topic

[Snip}

Guys have contacted me and want me to discount my services for them to review me. REALLY? I didn't start doing this yesterday and isn't that called extortion?

I call it incredibly insulting and rude! Just wanted to get the 411 about this. That is crazy!

Kelly

11 hours ago, kellyofdallas said:

[Snip}

Guys have contacted me and want me to discount my services for them to review me. REALLY? I didn't start doing this yesterday and isn't that called extortion?

I call it incredibly insulting and rude! Just wanted to get the 411 about this. That is crazy!

Kelly

Lotsa guys the world over, with HUGELY inflated opinions of themselves (and their reviews). Especially, since they can't even afford to pay full rate. Just tell 'em "no!" and hang up. They are complete fools.

In some venues this is considered a violation of policy. I'm not sure about TOB because I've been a no review girl since before I joined here. Asking for a discount for ANY reason is crass and insulting, IMHO. If you don't have reviews and/or look like a newbie, you may be vulnerable to predatory behavior. I love that you are questioning this! Go with your gut girl! 

12 hours ago, kellyofdallas said:

[Snip}

Kelly

Well, several reasons. Amongst others:

• Some guys just like to feel like they got a special deal - no matter what they are paying for and don't get you are not a thing but feeling human being
  • Some because it is an opportunity to control and feel "big" through putting a lady "in her place" (these are best described as flaming assholes)
  • Some to show how "important' they are (they think)
  • But can't be ignored entirely - because some ladies ADVERTISE "reviewer specials".  So what offends some ladies (understandably) is unfortunately encouraged by others.  In same category - "Specials may be available". "rates negotiable", "car dates OK" (yikes!) - all of which are seen almost daily in more than one ad venue.

Oh, and no,  extortion would be "You better do xxxxx for me or I will write a bad review and you will have no business"  Guessing you have or will encounter that gem as well.  Asking for discount that you have not implied is available in your ads is just, as you noted, insulting and rude.  But I am guessing there will be a post or two defending the practice under the bull shit argument "anything for sale is negotiable" (Been repeated in many threads)

[Snip}

Thanks ya all! Trying to learn my way around Denver here. This has been enlightening. Ha!

10 hours ago, gr8owl said:

Well, several reasons. Amongst others:

• Some guys just like to feel like they got a special deal - no matter what they are paying for and don't get you are not a thing but feeling human being
  • Some because it is an opportunity to control and feel "big" through putting a lady "in her place" (these are best described as flaming assholes)
  • Some to show how "important' they are (they think)
  • But can't be ignored entirely - because some ladies ADVERTISE "reviewer specials".  So what offends some ladies (understandably) is unfortunately encouraged by others.  In same category - "Specials may be available". "rates negotiable", "car dates OK" (yikes!) - all of which are seen almost daily in more than one ad venue.

Oh, and no,  extortion would be "You better do xxxxx for me or I will write a bad review and you will have no business"  Guessing you have or will encounter that gem as well.  Asking for discount that you have not implied is available in your ads is just, as you noted, insulting and rude.  But I am guessing there will be a post or two defending the practice under the bull shit argument "anything for sale is negotiable" (Been repeated in many threads)

Where are the flaming replies? All the accusations of being overly offended and misunderstanding? Oh wait that's right you have a dick! It seems as though entitlement has become an admirable quality. I found an interesting read on reviews that I'll share in another thread so not to derail this one. It's a really great argument as to why reviews suck in the bigger picture.

I will say this, don't knock car dates until you've have one. Car sex is tons of fun.

Hon, I have been in this industry HERE awhile, and I STILL get Douches that do that. Yeah, they "think" they are doing you a favor, but really they are just being jackals. Something I tell people...if you give people an inch, they will take a mile.  Keep with your boundaries, and stick to what you know best, and it will keep you safe and sane. Welcome to Denver and have fun!

xoxo,

Samantha Sheppard

Seems a bit off or just rude to  me, but I am pretty straightforward traditional guy. I have had some of the lovelies offer it on an ad and thats fine but most likely i would have reviewed anyway. I have also had offers of discounted rates for things such as changing times or cancellations late even a military service one here and there BUT I have never asked for one nor implied I wanted one. I review based strictly on the type of connection and actually tend not to review if the connection was so so simply because i will tell the truth , but at the same time understand that YMMV. For me to write a nasty review it would have to have a great deal of issues. I would say that if they ask for it they are a flake and simply need the feeling of being special and that their opinion matters to the world. Like i said in a earlier thread reviews should always betaken with a grain of salt.

5 hours ago, Lucy Kitten said:

Where are the flaming replies? All the accusations of being overly offended and misunderstanding? Oh wait that's right you have a dick! It seems as though entitlement has become an admirable quality. I found an interesting read on reviews that I'll share in another thread so not to derail this one. It's a really great argument as to why reviews suck in the bigger picture.

I will say this, don't knock car dates until you've have one. Car sex is tons of fun.

LOL not sure how to take that other than to say "in which I am well pleased" and to note that I TRY not to let it do the thinking except on special occasions!! (But thanks for noticing :P)

On ‎9‎/‎8‎/‎2016 at 9:39 AM, kellyofdallas said:

[Snip}

Kelly

Sorry to be so late the thread, but to answer the OP's question: the answer is because guys who do this have little-bitt, ensee-weensey, dicks and found that asking for the "small dick" discount didn't work very well.  The 411: it is insulting and it is rude.

44 minutes ago, gr8owl said:

LOL not sure how to take that other than to say "in which I am well pleased" and to note that I TRY not to let it do the thinking except on special occasions!! (But thanks for noticing :P)

And you do quite well :) Just interesting the reactions or lack of to certain types of posts.

Why this is happening to you seems abundantly clear to me: 1) you're new here, 2) you have no TOB reviews and only 1 TER.  Not much to go on. How to build a reputation?  In your situation, many girls are offering discounts for reviews.  Lots of guys equate making a good deal with sex. You sound like if a guy's trying to get a deal, your situation lends itself to trying to bargain.   Go figure. Get enough local reviews and the problem goes away. 

10 minutes ago, Happymon said:

Why this is happening to you seems abundantly clear to me: 1) you're new here, 2) you have no TOB reviews and only 1 TER.  Not much to go on. How to build a reputation?  In your situation, many girls are offering discounts for reviews.  Lots of guys equate making a good deal with sex. You sound like if a guy's trying to get a deal, your situation lends itself to trying to bargain.   Go figure. Get enough local reviews and the problem goes away. 

I've got her TER reviews going back to 2005. As I see it she's easily one of the highest rated Providers I've researched. Anyways, who cares. Simply wrong asking period. Jeez, you work don't ya? Can I ask if you'll to work for less...will ya? This is a respected lady and deserves same. Any lady does.

Total lack of class by anyone who demands such a thing. Unfortunately, with the large number of clients out there, vetting them before becoming a member of this site would be an impossibility.

9 hours ago, fishndude57 said:

I've got her TER reviews going back to 2005. As I see it she's easily one of the highest rated Providers I've researched. Anyways, who cares. Simply wrong asking period. Jeez, you work don't ya? Can I ask if you'll to work for less...will ya? This is a respected lady and deserves same. Any lady does.

Learn to read before grabbing your lance.  She listed no TOB reviews on her profile when I looked. Most guys in CO are not into TER.  I wasn't blaming her for anything.  I was trying to explain why guys might do this. Obviously I failed in that attempt, because you didn't get it.  I apologize for the confusion.  And I've worked my whole life.  I awakened every single day of my 40+ year professional life unemployed.  Every day is up to me to make it happen. Every single freaking day. Yes, you can ask me to work for less than my stated rate. Ask away.  Where's the insult?  I have a choice to agree or not.  The thing I don't do, is personalize any discussion about a deal. 

I know it's the accepted pro-forma in the hobby that rates are sacrosanct and for a few, even connected to dignity and self esteem.  I get that.  However my rates are ALWAYS negotiable.  For example, I'll work for less if a client wishes a long term, predictable engagement vs one-off's and infrequent contact. I routinely walk away from large fees if I don't like the client or believe in the cause.  I routinely walk from clients who nickel and dime me. I'll frequently reduce my fees if I spent the time, but didn't end up adding what I consider high value, and turn around a bill the crap out of a 15 minute solution that took me 20 years to learn.  Whenever I'm too busy, I raise my rates.  Anything else I can help with?  

And if she has TER reviews dating to 2005, do you really think this is her first experience with this?

LOL. 

Bottom line, guys will want to pay the least amount and the girls will want the most. 

If you can't afford it then she's obviously broken your "Rosie factor".  Rub one out and buy yourself a steak.

4 hours ago, Happymon said:

Learn to read before grabbing your lance.  She listed no TOB reviews on her profile when I looked. Most guys in CO are not into TER.  I wasn't blaming her for anything.  I was trying to explain why guys might do this. Obviously I failed in that attempt, because you didn't get it.  I apologize for the confusion.  And I've worked my whole life.  I awakened every single day of my 40+ year professional life unemployed.  Every day is up to me to make it happen. Every single freaking day. Yes, you can ask me to work for less than my stated rate. Ask away.  Where's the insult?  I have a choice to agree or not.  The thing I don't do, is personalize any discussion about a deal. 

I know it's the accepted pro-forma in the hobby that rates are sacrosanct and for a few, even connected to dignity and self esteem.  I get that.  However my rates are ALWAYS negotiable.  For example, I'll work for less if a client wishes a long term, predictable engagement vs one-off's and infrequent contact. I routinely walk away from large fees if I don't like the client or believe in the cause.  I routinely walk from clients who nickel and dime me. I'll frequently reduce my fees if I spent the time, but didn't end up adding what I consider high value, and turn around a bill the crap out of a 15 minute solution that took me 20 years to learn.  Whenever I'm too busy, I raise my rates.  Anything else I can help with?  

And if she has TER reviews dating to 2005, do you really think this is her first experience with this?

I think maybe your fee is flexible more than negotiable. It sounds like you will change it based on how you feel not when asked. Using reviews as leverage to get a discount is insulting. It's manipulative and sleazy.

TER is not preferred for TOB guys but they need to learn to branch out. It's a weird attitude a lot of the clients around here have, "I see you have an established history but not here so you must play by our rules". It's fairly unique behavior. The idea behind establishing yourself on TER is that it is nationally used and makes it easier to carry your reputation with you. So I can understand being perplexed and annoyed by the offer of a discount for a review.

Sorry Kelly. There are gems and duds on this side of the industry as well. 

On 9/9/2016 at 10:50 PM, amcbl1 said:

Total lack of class by anyone who demands such a thing. Unfortunately, with the large number of clients out there, vetting them before becoming a member of this site would be an impossibility.

so you pay full retail when car shopping? haggling is the american way. :D

RrauEsX.gif

There at billions of people on this planet. None of us swore an oath to keep to a hobby code of conduct and those of us on boards are outnumbered by those who are not.  Thus you are going to have to deal with errant douche bags,

You are free to tell them to screw.  Review specials are seemingly popular with girls transitioning from BP so it actually is not an unusual request.  Again, just tell them no.

Thank you Fishndude 57.

Why are you other guys so mean? Do your due diligence. I am not a novice  I  love your city and really want to come back. When I read what Happymon wrote, thats insultive. Gidh, I even thought of moving here. Perhaps I should say nothing at all.

Thanks to those wonderful gentleman I did get to meet from here that want no part of posting reviews. Fine with me. I have plenty.

Thanks to you guys that defended me.

Take care Denver... I'm flying away and never posting in a discussion board again.

I only had a simple question.

Take care,

Kelly

Another thing to ponder...I have noticed that you can stay just as busy with no reviews as you can with lots of reviews. It is really just a perspective that you need reviews to be successful. How do I know this? I have had both!

The TOB community is sheltered and educated hence shy you clients are more inclined to see ladies with some background. Other guys that are taking that leap of faith(and there are a lot more of them) don't even know they have a reputation.

Daily I get 5-10 calls from guys that have no idea I have reviews, or are on various boards. I know countless ladies that get the same thing. So I do my best to educate and make it safer for them, but there are always more.

I am glad that you guys know how to so your homework...just keep in mind that many others have no idea how to.

Xoxo,

Samantha Sheppard

Utimately it is up to the provider.  There is a certain amount I personally do not like to go over. Additionally I enjoy the fact that a provider has reviews. It puts me at ease knowing I am going to be safe. That being said I am all for saving some on the cost. The only time I ask is when it is advertised. Nowadays I am going to have to up my limit on spending and start coming to Denver.  There are very few providers here and as the members have warned stay away from backpage.  Not very comfortable any more there after a couple of bad experiences and some of the things I have heard. 

25 minutes ago, SultryKitten said:

I am glad that you guys know how to do your homework...just keep in mind that many others have no idea how to.

Xoxo,

Samantha Sheppard

Hi Samantha.

I have been doing this for 5+ years, now.  I've spent thousands over those 5 years, and have seen somewhere between 40 and 50 ladies.  I have written lots of reviews on 4 different sites.  Although I have never had a "bad" experience, I have had one "marginal" experience because I did not read enough.  I have also learned which ladies I could literally trust with my life,  and 2 or 3 I need to stay away from completely because they are evil people.  I guess you would say I'm "seasoned." 

I know I can find a bajillion advertisements for ladies on a dozen different sites. But the ONLY WAY I know how to do homework is to read reviews. Are you safe?  Are your advertisements bald-faced lies?  Are you compatible with me?  Do we enjoy the same activities?

I've no delusions of grandeur regarding my attractiveness and/or sexual prowess....but  from what I am told, I am a fairly desireable client.  I try my very best to be prompt and clean.  I am obsessed with having the correct donation, and never haggle. I am polite and never push boundaries, I leave when it is time, and sometimes tip or bring gifts.

But, if you don't have reviews, you will never have me as a client.  You may be the most wonderful provider in the world.....I will never know.  I simply have no way to find out if you are safe, or look like your photos, or provide good service.

Yes, I know there are many beautiful, skilled, under the radar providers who would be a wonderful match for me.  Alas.  I do not know how to find them.

There are, apparantly, a large number of gentlemen who do know how to do this.   They know how to do their homework to find wonderful unreviewed or underreviewed  or UTR ladies.  I don't know if they were born with this knowledge, or someone taught them.  It is moot because I had to learn how to do this all by myself.  And I learned on the review sites.  And my method has been very successful for me. 

I suspect there are a lot of us decent clients out here who do not have the knowledge you are talking about.  Kind of a shame.

Kelly, I am originally from Dallas and I know the men here are much better than that other site.

Just say nope and move on.

It is rude Kelly. And how can you gain credibility if it is a paid for review?

I don't need to know if I am being reviewed. I like to think I give the same top of the services to all my clients, all of the time. Review or no review. Of course if a girl  knows she is being reviewed she is going to be on her A+ game. To me this is a no-brainer.

On 9/11/2016 at 3:17 AM, Mr.Pink said:

so you pay full retail when car shopping? haggling is the american way. :D

RrauEsX.gif

Funny you would choose a Clarkson gif. English, notoriously racist and fired for punching a guy.

I personally feel that a couple of really good reviews could increase a womans business.  So getting reviews is important and if you have a very high price tag, many guys will not "take one for the team" and risk that much dough on a unproven commodity.  I figure it is worth it to offer a small incentive, such as a discount, to bring in some reviewers who can boost your business and help you earn that high end dollar you're obviously worth.  Kelly of Dallas is SMOKIN hot, has killer reviews, and was way out of my price range:)

Now that the OP has posted, I see the other side of the argument.  You see it as guys just begging for something for free.  Guys being scum.  And I don't blame you for being turned off.

Maybe the OP can see the other side a little bit too, that many legitimate, real world businesses DO offer discounts, referral bonuses, and other ways to spread their names around and drum up business.  So, a guy offering to make a trade of a review for a discount is actually fairly common in the real world and its just not THAT crazy of an offer.

Similarily, I often see "summer specials" or "Friday specials" or "reviewer specials" so I don't see why ANY escort would EVER be offended by a guy making an offer.  Frankly, its common place in this industry.  Finally, I figure many guys think its worth the risk of coming across rude.  For every 10 that say no, maybe 1 says yes and that's all it takes to save some money, lmao.

And then we

19 minutes ago, engineer said:

I personally feel that a couple of really good reviews could increase a womans business.  So getting reviews is important and if you have a very high price tag, many guys will not "take one for the team" and risk that much dough on a unproven commodity.  I figure it is worth it to offer a small incentive, such as a discount, to bring in some reviewers who can boost your business and help you earn that high end dollar you're obviously worth.  Kelly of Dallas is SMOKIN hot, has killer reviews, and was way out of my price range:)

Now that the OP has posted, I see the other side of the argument.  You see it as guys just begging for something for free.  Guys being scum.  And I don't blame you for being turned off.

Maybe the OP can see the other side a little bit too, that many legitimate, real world businesses DO offer discounts, referral bonuses, and other ways to spread their names around and drum up business.  So, a guy offering to make a trade of a review for a discount is actually fairly common in the real world and its just not THAT crazy of an offer.

Similarily, I often see "summer specials" or "Friday specials" or "reviewer specials" so I don't see why ANY escort would EVER be offended by a guy making an offer.  Frankly, its common place in this industry.  Finally, I figure many guys think its worth the risk of coming across rude.  For every 10 that say no, maybe 1 says yes and that's all it takes to save some money, lmao.

And then we

Wrong. You guys really need to learn the difference between and offered special and negotiating.  Don't speak for providers when it comes to our finances and business. Don't assume that you have the right answer when you have plenty of providers even here on this board that say NO FUCKING NEGOTIATING.

You don't see why an escort would be offended because you aren't one. Asking for discounts for reviews in regional, it's not something that is overwhelmingly common. If you guys think that reviews are so important then you shouldn't need discounts to write them, since you're doing your fellow johns a favor right? Since we view reviews as such an obligation isn't the obligation on the client to actually contribute. Is it really worth it to be rude to get some cheaper play? I don't think you understand what sort of impression that makes when say things like that.

Reduced rates for reviews as offered by the provider is not uncommon, I don't begrudge those who do it. But it does feed into a nasty sense of entitlement from clients. You guys should be writing reviews no discounts and no questions asked. Since it is you as clients that place so much importance on them. Ladies only oblige because you guys have set the standard.

Similarily, I often see "summer specials" or "Friday specials" or "reviewer specials" so I don't see why ANY escort would EVER be offended by a guy making an offer. 

I'm guessing you probably don't own your business. I do. I REALLY dislike hagglers. As soon as someone asks for a discount, I stop communication with them. 

Here's a comparable example for you.

Your brand new boss, whom you're meeting for the first time, calls you into her office and says "engineer, I really want to like your work, however, I'm sure you could use a good quarterly review, to boost your reputation in the business. If I promise to write that review (and keep in mind, there is no guarantee it will ever be written. or be positive), can I deduct $100 from your next paycheck?"

Does that sound like a good deal to you?