Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

On self-reviewing

19 posts in this topic

I'm confused about the implications of "caught self-reviewing" appearing under  a provider's reviews.    Does a review that's deemed a "self review" remain

among the other reviews or is it purged?    And if it's purged, what are peoples' opinion on how that affects other reviews for that same provider?

The "self-reviews" are hidden. You can't see them. The other reviews are probably "real" reviews, in my opinion. No guarantees in this biz, however.

Oh my god!!! Im not the only one confused about that!!! Not all of us are as smart as some of you guys, must be nice to have so much knowledge

6 minutes ago, stevie-2249 said:

Oh my god!!! Im not the only one confused about that!!! Not all of us are as smart as some of you guys, must be nice to have so much knowledge

It is!   Although, some days my hats don't fit so well.

All the self review indicators mean is that the powers that be have identified and removed that number of reviews that they have been able to prove were in fact self reviews.  Other reviews may or may not be real.  But there is no proof they are not real.

2 hours ago, stevie-2249 said:

AOh my god!!! Im not the only one confused about that!!! Not all of us are as smart as some of you guys, must be nice to have so much knowledge

It is nice. I got the knowledge from reading the board. A mod answered this question less than two weeks ago. 

On ‎8‎/‎26‎/‎2016 at 6:52 PM, stevie-2249 said:

Not all of us are as smart as some of you guys, must be nice to have so much knowledge

P.S.  Don't eat the silicon packets inside the electronics boxes you purchase. 

3 hours ago, Happymon said:

P.S.  Don't eat the silicon packets inside the electronics boxes you purchase. 

LOL.  Yer killin' me.  I'm crying here!  LOL

There was a previous thread about a new Marine provider. Even though she now has 4 or 5 stellar reviews, she has been branded as a self-reviewer. My question for the Board is should she (or anyone else caught self-reviewing) be so branded for the rest of her life or after a given amount of time or perhaps after a certain number of good reviews should she be forgiven by the Board and the community? Your thoughts?

Note to moderators, I do not know this provider, I do not have a pony in this race. I am just using her as an example since her reviews are easily pointed out with the red dot.

59 minutes ago, BigDan said:

should she (or anyone else caught self-reviewing) be so branded for the rest of her life or after a given amount of time or perhaps after a certain number of good reviews should she be forgiven by the Board and the community? Your thoughts.

Not only should it stick with one for life, it should be required to be mentioned in one's obituary and chiseled on their gravestone. 

Frankly, I wish they wouldn't remove the self-review.  It should be so identified, printed in red, provided with warnings - but I would be interested in seeing what she thinks of herself - it would be an interesting mirror into her thinking.  (Especially if it had something along the lines of "...and she begged me to throat her...")

I tend to agree do not remove just flag so we can see just what she/he thinks she/he has for others.

You all forgot caning, SR tattooed on forehead, and right butt cheek branded "liar"

<sarcasm font mostly off>

So rank the following in order of highest reliability:

• a self review
  • a BP ad
  • A review by "hobbiest" looking for major discount next time
  • A "paid" review on another site - vip membership in exchange for reviews
  • A "spurned stalker" review cause "the bitch wouldn't do everything I asked"
  • Penthouse letters style review to impress the masses

Hats off to the mods for trying to maintain some semblance of order and reliability.

No, I would not want to encourage self reviews, but in the overall scope of things ...... really??

While I don't think the red dot should be removed, I do think it should be dated. Then can determine if she learned her lesson. A red dot from several years ago, followed by a string of good reviews would not be a red flag for me. 

My opinion, if anyone cares:

1) Leave the warning up for a set time period (3 months, 6 months, 1 year?). Like anyone who has fucked-up, she should have a 2nd chance.

2) Do not leave the self-review up. It's now useless. 

33 minutes ago, Bit Banger said:

While I don't think the red dot should be removed, I do think it should be dated. Then can determine if she learned her lesson. A red dot from several years ago, followed by a string of good reviews would not be a red flag for me. 

^^^THIS^^^

A simple date beside the red dot would address this problem quite adequately.  Those in the "burn the bitch" crowd could still choose to shun her forever, while more *ahem* reasonable people could simply decide on their own if they want to try her or not.

1 hour ago, gr8owl said:

You all forgot caning, SR tattooed on forehead, and right butt cheek branded "liar"

<sarcasm font mostly off>

So rank the following in order of highest reliability:

• a self review
  • a BP ad
  • A review by "hobbiest" looking for major discount next time
  • A "paid" review on another site - vip membership in exchange for reviews
  • A "spurned stalker" review cause "the bitch wouldn't do everything I asked"
  • Penthouse letters style review to impress the masses

Hats off to the mods for trying to maintain some semblance of order and reliability.

No, I would not want to encourage self reviews, but in the overall scope of things ...... really??

I'll take a stab at it.  Since you asked so nicely.  Ranked most reliable first, least reliable last.

1) Penthouse style review.

2) Paid review on another site.

3) BP ad.

4) Review by a hobbiest looking for a discount.

5) Spurned stalker review.

6) Self review.

The bottom 3 suffer from a common fault:  unless the author did a bad job of covering his or her tracks, you will never know.  It does not take too many brain cells to figure out how to write a fake review.  I've seen how it is done on this board and others. You just have to be patient, and know a wee bit about how the internet works.   So yeah.  If the author gets caught at any of the bottom 3: unreliable.  But I'll bet there's lots of fake and self reviews in the so called "approved" list. 

The first 3, like all things purchased, require some degree of "CAVEAT EMPTOR."  Top shelf ladies advertise on BP right along with thieves, scam artists, and bottom shelf ladies.  Paid sites have their problems, but there are good and bad reviews there as well.  I have nearly 30 reviews under a different name on TER and ECCIE.  Like most of the Joes there.....I did the best I could to be fair to the lady and helpful to my fellow hobbiests.  Only one of them is bad, and even that one I gave a "YES" to....with reservations.  I relied on other paid reviews to select the ladies I reviewed.  I got great results.  So yeah, I trust them.

Finally:  Penthouse Letter Reviews.  I write them.  Sue me.

Why?  Why not? I have never lied about the activities that went on.  But, if the lady did her best to show me a good time, and I'm going to write about it, why not have some fun with it and write it well?  Who wants to read a review that's (tip o' the hat to Jez) as "dry as popcorn farts???"

3 hours ago, Laplace said:

A simple date beside the red dot would address this problem quite adequately........

I agree. +100

We feel adding a date would be the best solution. We will implement that in an upcoming update. Thank you all for your support, comments and feedback. It's always appreciated:)

I agree that it should remain forever.  It's best to know and let your little head do the thinking. lol.  JK.  You can NEVER have enough intel