The best Italian food!!

93 posts in this topic

Found out the hard way closed on Sundays, should have called but we were on a mission. ;)

My favorite Italian place is Bruno's Italian Bistro in a strip mall near Monaco/Evans.  The red sauce isn't overly sweet, which is too common - and the Chicken Marsala is simply the best.  So good, in fact, that I stopped making my own.

On 8/15/2016 at 7:27 PM, Melissa Sterling said:

I happened to be in the neighborhood of Parker and Chambers today and decided to go to an Italian restaurant called Armando's. By far the BEST authentic home made Italian food I've ever had. If your tongue could have multiple orgasms , eating here is the place. I had Bruschetta, the best ever, stuffed mushrooms and muscles Fra divolo for an appetizer. My friend ordered, Penne Primavera and I ordered Chicken picatta. Both were a life changing experience. Pure heaven! 

So next time you're looking for a reasonable place to eat, run, don't walk to this place. Itsunami worth the drive!!!! 3 appetizers and 2 main course dinners for 50 and that includes the tip. It's a family owned place, and the owner is from Italy.  Did I mention the sauces? Wholly oh my goodness! I'll be going back Thursday for more. It's seduction food. Take a gal there, you'll be getting some.

I went to an Italian restaurant for lunch today. The waitress was hot, dark hair flowing to her shoulders, ruby lips, tan complextion, a full bosom, cute tush, great legs, and a personality that wouldn't quit. I was looking forward to my meal with great anticipation.

Unfortunately, my linguine was cold and limp...and my food wasn't much better. Alas, another fantasy ruined by flaccid pasta...

The Wise Old Owl

A another fine day,

Ruined by a wet noodle

"Are we on The Food Network again?"

Edited by The Wise Old Owl

On 8/15/2016 at 7:27 PM, Melissa Sterling said:

I happened to be in the neighborhood of Parker and Chambers today and decided to go to an Italian restaurant called Armando's. By far the BEST authentic home made Italian food I've ever had. If your tongue could have multiple orgasms , eating here is the place. I had Bruschetta, the best ever, stuffed mushrooms and muscles Fra divolo for an appetizer. My friend ordered, Penne Primavera and I ordered Chicken picatta. Both were a life changing experience. Pure heaven! 

So next time you're looking for a reasonable place to eat, run, don't walk to this place. Itsunami worth the drive!!!! 3 appetizers and 2 main course dinners for 50 and that includes the tip. It's a family owned place, and the owner is from Italy.  Did I mention the sauces? Wholly oh my goodness! I'll be going back Thursday for more. It's seduction food. Take a gal there, you'll be getting some.

Thanks much for this. My wife and I are ALWAYS on the look out for fine Italian cuisine!

Our favorite place in old town Arvada recently closed.

On ‎8‎/‎15‎/‎2016 at 7:27 PM, Melissa Sterling said:

Sounds like a great place.

Was in NYC last December and went to this Italian Restaurant with name that stared with "M" the best I've ever had.

I hope Armando is just as good

Thanks for the tip?

1 hour ago, Mondonico said:

Sounds like a great place.

I hope Armando is just as good

I ate at Armando's after eating in Rome, Venice, & Tuscany for 2wks this summer (including Cantinetta Antinori in Florence). It's that good. 😏

Thanks for the recommendation Melissa, I'm a foodie and will be giving this place a try very soon. Italian is one of my favorites and I'm currently looking for a delicious cheaper option than my current go to spot. The Odyessy just seems a little ridiculous four times a month. 😂 

Wow, so many of you have gone there....yay! Glad I made the post! 

Melissa, I thought you were of the Springs.  Though I have heard great things about Armandos (I haven't made it there yet, but I will)  what would Franco say?  (hmmm kind of reminds me of "'what would Brian Boitano say")  I'd hate to see his cigar drooping as he heard of you finding a new Italian love to the north.  How does it compare to Paravicinis?  I was talking about his ubiquitous cigar not.....oh never mind.

What is so disappointing about Denver is the lack of good Italian restaurants. Armando's is a long drive for me and Cafe Jordan's is not authentic (having eaten all over Italy). Every time I found a good one it closed. So  l've resigned myself to the chains unless visiting NY, Houston or Boston. But if you have a new "find" let me know. I'm going to try Bruno's.

Still looking for good Chinese in SW Denver, for those of you who ate Chinese in China, SF, or Seattle. Suggestions welcome!

Don't give up on Italian in Denver WL.  Osteria Marco-Larimer Square,Locando di Burgo-Holly Street, Nona's-Leetsdale Drive, Il Posto-17th Ave, Lucca di Italia-Grant Street.  All have their specialities.

On September 18, 2016 at 9:33 AM, time4fun said:

Don't give up on Italian in Denver WL.  Osteria Marco-Larimer Square,Locando di Burgo-Holly Street, Nona's-Leetsdale Drive, Il Posto-17th Ave, Lucca di Italia-Grant Street.  All have their specialities.

Thanks, I'll give them a try!

Maybe it's just me, but the first thing I thought of when I saw an "eating Italian" thread was DATY with some of our lovely Italian ladies.  ;) 

Finally made it to the restaurant, really enjoyed the food,  and the company, will definitely be back.

23 hours ago, geecue2 said:

Finally made it to the restaurant, really enjoyed the food,  and the company, will definitely be back.

The food was fantastic! Just a really great time. Thanks for the info Melissa.

Thanks for the referral, I'm definately going to check it out. My favorite Italian is DiCicco's out by DIA or Panzano's in downtown Denver.

On 9/4/2016 at 4:59 PM, Just Jos said:

Thanks for the recommendation Melissa, I'm a foodie and will be giving this place a try very soon. Italian is one of my favorites and I'm currently looking for a delicious cheaper option than my current go to spot. The Odyessy just seems a little ridiculous four times a month. 😂 

I agree, expensive but very, very good! Gotta take you there sometime.

On 8/17/2016 at 1:15 PM, Kali Sensual Reiki said:

Yum! Sounds like a great place to go Melissa!!!

Fishndude and otherLakeweird people, You ought  go to Cafe Jordan's it's in the Safeway stripmall off of Kippling and Florida. I always go there for a great dinner! Also with my wheat allergies I am still able to get a really great wheatless dinner! 

Cafe Jordano's has always been my favorite. Being in the Lakewood area I usually go for lunch. I really don't go anywhere else for Italian.

33 minutes ago, Skg said:

Cafe Jordano's has always been my favorite. Being in the Lakewood area I usually go for lunch. I really don't go anywhere else for Italian.

Skg

Are they still open? I drove by that Shoping area next to the Safeway off of Florida and Kippling. It looked like they were out of business? This place was my dad's favourite as well as one if mine, Family owned.  Did they possibly move?

Makes me kind of emotional thinking about the Summer before when I took him out to eat there and he was still cognative. Awe, my life has changed so much over the course of a year.  Not all horrible just some adjustments. Sorry, don't mean to toss in personal drama/issues...life! All those places you have some memories attached. 💕💕 this place Just happens to have me.

On 8/17/2016 at 1:15 PM, Kali Sensual Reiki said:

Yum! Sounds like a great place to go Melissa!!!

Fishndude and otherLakeweird people, You ought  go to Cafe Jordan's it's in the Safeway stripmall off of Kippling and Florida. I always go there for a great dinner! Also with my wheat allergies I am still able to get a really great wheatless dinner! 

I hardily agree. This is a great place. My kidney doc turned me on to here as it is in the same shopping center as a dialysis center.  May have to wait for a table, but worth it!

Try Mama Louisa's on orchard road in Aurora the lobster ravioli is great so is the cheese cake 

I've been going to Carl's Pizza on W 38th since high school. Small menu, but good food, and that nice family feel.

4 hours ago, Kali Sensual Reiki said:

Skg

Are they still open? I drove by that Shoping area next to the Safeway off of Florida and Kippling. It looked like they were out of business? This place was my dad's favourite as well as one if mine, Family owned.  Did they possibly move?

Makes me kind of emotional thinking about the Summer before when I took him out to eat there and he was still cognative. Awe, my life has changed so much over the course of a year.  Not all horrible just some adjustments. Sorry, don't mean to toss in personal drama/issues...life! All those places you have some memories attached. 💕💕 this place Just happens to have me.

They are closed on Sundays. Also they close for a week once a year so everyone can go on vacation. That might be now. My favorite is Bob's special. Mmmmm!

8 hours ago, Laci French said:

They have closed😢 

No, just one location did. I follow them on Facebook and saw the announcement. 

They have the best calzones! I haven't had one in years. We need a field trip!