Mr.Pink

manscaping query...

39 posts in this topic

anybody use the bret farve personal groomer to trim their nether region? fyi never use nair on the boys......it burns.

fkA4X1d.gif

Any smaller sized clippers will do, they're all about the same. If you have trust and want a good, smooth, close shave find someone that will help you.

4 hours ago, Mr.Pink said:

anybody use the bret farve personal groomer to trim their nether region? fyi never use nair on the boys......it burns.

fkA4X1d.gif

Hahahaha OUCH!!!

I lather up and use a safety razor. It's MUCH easier when erect. The key to a good shave is stretching the skin tight. I haven't let anyone else do it, though. I had a roommate many years ago try the nair thing. He couldn't sit for a few days afterward. 

16 hours ago, Mr.Pink said:

anybody use the bret farve personal groomer to trim their nether region? fyi never use nair on the boys......it burns

1) Shick Quattro or similar, , 2) Use conditioner as shave cream rather than soap, 3) Don't groom the day of appointment (too many chances for an unnoticed nick let alone a bleeder.  Open wounds in intimate places are not our friends), 4) Keep on it, otherwise you'll get horrible irritation/ingrown hairs/pimples/etc;, 5) daily use of a nylon scrubbie (available in makeup section of ladies stuff at Walgreens or similar; as a stripper many years ago told me: "scrub it like an old potato"). This practice virtually eliminates ingrown hairs;, 6) Rub with a solid stick ladies deodorant like unscented Dove in between shaves and scrubs (note: wash that shit off before any intimacy down there!).  I have no idea why that works but it dramatically reduces irritation.   Presto.  Voila. Groomed.

Never, never, never Nair or similar, NoNo or whatever the heck they're calling it on the infomercial or waxing unless you're really into a short term rush. Laser if you've got disposable income you're looking to burn through.  There is NO magic or easy way. 

12 hours ago, Lucy Kitten said:

Any smaller sized clippers will do, they're all about the same. If you have trust and want a good, smooth, close shave find someone that will help you.

If you're volunteering your services in this arena, I'm sure we could incorporate this activity into our next visit.;)

24 minutes ago, Happymon said:

1) Shick Quattro or similar, , 2) Use conditioner as shave cream rather than soap, 3) Don't groom the day of appointment (too many chances for an unnoticed nick let alone a bleeder.  Open wounds in intimate places are not our friends), 4) Keep on it, otherwise you'll get horrible irritation/ingrown hairs/pimples/etc;, 5) daily use of a nylon scrubbie (available in makeup section of ladies stuff at Walgreens or similar; as a stripper many years ago told me: "scrub it like an old potato"). This practice virtually eliminates ingrown hairs;, 6) Rub with a solid stick ladies deodorant like unscented Dove in between shaves and scrubs (note: wash that shit off before any intimacy down there!).  I have no idea why that works but it dramatically reduces irritation.   Presto.  Voila. Groomed.

Never, never, never Nair or similar, NoNo or whatever the heck they're calling it on the infomercial or waxing unless you're really into a short term rush. Laser if you've got disposable income you're looking to burn through.  There is NO magic or easy way. 

I'll add and refute...

I've shaved with a razor, used clippers, and nair for various reasons over the years. 

With the razor I went the route of "if I'm not using it on my face why use it on my groin?" So a great shave cream and a moisturizer for after. Abbrasive scrubbing immediately after I didn't do because the area is sensitive and found that caused more irritation. Going back to the face thing I don't scrub the hell out of my face after shaving. 

Clippers can nick also. So don't just go in there like it won't cause any issues. 

Nair is not short term. I used nair at a frequency less than shaving. The irritation was also far less than shaving. And it was a lot smoother than shaving as well. The problem was realizing how a quick nut scratch (think about scratching your arm or really any other body party and exactly what you're doing) could easily translate into broken skin that caused major burning when nair was applied. Once I figured that out it wasn't a big deal to nair. It was just more time consuming since I couldn't do it in the shower. I naired for years with no issue after the first few times. 

I do agree that once you start you have to stick with it in any choice of grooming because it's a generally sensitive area that needs to toughen up just like your face or any other area you shave. 

6 minutes ago, JoDoe27 said:

Abbrasive scrubbing immediately after I didn't do because the area is sensitive and found that caused more irritation. Going back to the face thing I don't scrub the hell out of my face after shaving.

The "scrubbie" thingy is not abrasive.  Nylon mesh.  Like a little puffy pom-pom.  Facial skin and pubic area skin are two different beasts as you noted. 

Edited by Happymon

3 hours ago, Happymon said:

The "scrubbie" thingy is not abrasive.  Nylon mesh.  Like a little puffy pom-pom.  Facial skin and pubic area skin are two different beasts as you noted. 

Oh I know the things you're talking about. I use them exclusively and know they come in different textures. "Scrub it like a potatoe"' conjures images of of not gingerly scrubbing. LOL

If you are referring to the Bret Farve razor, yes.  I use it exclusively above and below the belt.  It is the smoothest razor I have ever used.  I use it with Edge gel.  No nicks. No bumps.  The boys get lots of attention afterward.

As a public service announcement, the Bret Farve razor with 12 replacement blades are available from Bed, Bath, and Beyond for $20 or order online.

The blades are  German steel and actually last 3-4 weeks.

(Sounds like a commercial but they are good).

Been using soap and a 4 blade Gillette on the boys for several years and never had a problem with irritation or ingrown hairs, etc.  Did I just get lucky with my sack skin?

I agree, Nair burns the nut sack. I have a rechargeable cordless razor that works well if I don't get too close. One nick though and the sack shrivels. You find yourself with a wrinkled up hedge ball (do you have them out here?) that you can't get a close cut. Always prepare a couple of days ahead of time. And find a helper. 

I've been told that I'm a wimp. She told me about her first bikini wax experience. They applied the strips and the wax and let it set. Her friends didn't prepare her for the pain. They yanked off the first strip. She pissed all over and screamed. I guess it was a couple hours before she had enough courage to remove the other strip.

She asked me if I'd like a Brazilian on my sack. No thanks! And I truly appreciate what the ladies endure to make us gents happy!

I had to Google manscaping again to make sure I got it right. I'd freak out any kinda razor near my junk. Mercy! I do trim, usually a #2, sometimes a #1 up a little higher. But never ever a #1 on me. There is a lady on here that used to advertise manscaping. I'd definitely let her do it, but no kinda razor at all. I just tried a pedi/mani 2x now. Not ready to wax. Can't believe I even replied to this. TMI.

3 hours ago, jonnygalt45 said:

I've been told that I'm a wimp. She told me about her first bikini wax experience. They applied the strips and the wax and let it set. Her friends didn't prepare her for the pain. They yanked off the first strip. She pissed all over and screamed. I guess it was a couple hours before she had enough courage to remove the other strip.

She asked me if I'd like a Brazilian on my sack. No thanks! And I truly appreciate what the ladies endure to make us gents happy!

WHAT?! Oh gosh no! I'd grow a bush so big after that experience.  I'm gonna go get some ice after reading that.....OUCH...NOOO

11 hours ago, Happymon said:

6) Rub with a solid stick ladies deodorant like unscented Dove in between shaves and scrubs (note: wash that shit off before any intimacy down there!).  I have no idea why that works but it dramatically reduces irritation.   Presto.  Voila. Groomed.

It works because of the alum in antiperspirants. You can buy just a block of it, barbers use it all the time. 

Another vote for clippers here! Normally a #1 with clean up handled by a razor. Tried going completely smooth and nearly got driven up a wall by it. Itched all the time. I will say that once you start manscaping you can't go back.

On 7/22/2016 at 2:50 PM, inkspot said:

As a public service announcement, the Bret Farve razor with 12 replacement blades are available from Bed, Bath, and Beyond for $20 or order online.

i think you mean pubic service annoucement.......mwhahahaaa, i kill myslf. :D

Edited by Mr.Pink

On 7/22/2016 at 7:57 PM, Melissa Sterling said:

WHAT?! Oh gosh no! I'd grow a bush so big after that experience.  I'm gonna go get some ice after reading that.....OUCH...NOOO

HAHA!

OK now there's a lot of noise about nonsense. Shaving your "nether regions" is not a difficult thing, in fact it's a lot like shaving you face. Remember keep the skin nice and tight, a little pulling here and there does the trick. Nice and tight. Otherwise you'll look like a leppur in Timbuktu! 

Crap, did I just undermine my post?

Reading this reaffirms the wisdom of my decision to remain au natural.  Just spent some time with an ATF, who just returned from vacation, during which she grew back her bush.  I like it!  One of my other ATFs doesn't shave anything at all, ever.  I like that too.  Fur is normal and natural, just look at the top of your head (hopefully).

i told my atf to grow a 70s style bush, she looked at me as if i had a head growing shouldthe-thing-with-two-heads-3.jpg

There are some providers who post manscaping services although they seem to be few and far between. One of the more favorably reviewed FBSM providers lists that as one of her services whenever she posts. I won't mention her name since that would be akin to shilling. The reviews don't mention her talents at manscaping.

Personally, I tried the Nair experience and obviously applied it incorrectly. While it removed the hair more thoroughly than clipping, I ended up with a minor scalding of the region. Never went back to Nair, have been using a cordless personal groomer since then.

Search for "Norelco BodyGroom Series" on Amazon.  Makes it really easy.

On July 29, 2016 at 6:22 PM, synoches said:

Search for "Norelco BodyGroom Series" on Amazon.  Makes it really easy.

Which one?

My regular provider does my boys. I love to have them licked and sucked and she doesn't like the hair. About once a month she gets the razor and some warm water.  We don't use cream because I help by pulling the skin taught for her to use the razor.  No problems and they feel real nice after ward.  I keep a short bush on top just because I think a man ought to have one.

22 hours ago, inkspot said:

Which one?

They are all largely the same plus or minus a few accessories or features you may or may not use.  I bought the 7100 model which is on the high end but it has various attachments I'll never use.

13 minutes ago, synoches said:

They are all largely the same plus or minus a few accessories or features you may or may not use.  I bought the 7100 model which is on the high end but it has various attachments I'll never use.

Thanks for the info.