Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
AlexisSweet69

HAPPY 4TH OF JULY!

15 posts in this topic

HAPPY 4TH OF JULY! :D Have a Great weekend and start and end it with a Bang! ;)

Yes, Happy 4th of July, and please don't forget what it really means!

Thanks!

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.

These are perhaps the most famous words ever composed in the English language.  240 years ago some of the brightest and most forward thinking people to ever be in one place at one time embarked on an experiment that would change the way people looked at government.  The idea that governments received their power from the consent of the governed was not just radical,  it was treason.  Our forefathers trusted this experiment,   this idea, to us. It is true that the USA is a nation, but it is so much more than just that.  America is an idea, a vision. It is up to us to preserve this vision. Happy Birthday to America, and to you, her citizens. But mostly, to those around the world who wish to bring her ideals to people around the globe. 

There ya have it folks

15 minutes ago, Melissa Sterling said:

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.

These are perhaps the most famous words ever composed in the English language.  240 years ago some of the brightest and most forward thinking people to ever be in one place at one time embarked on an experiment that would change the way people looked at government.  The idea that governments received their power from the consent of the governed was not just radical,  it was treason.  Our forefathers trusted this experiment,   this idea, to us. It is true that the USA is a nation, but it is so much more than just that.  America is an idea, a vision. It is up to us to preserve this vision. Happy Birthday to America, and to you, her citizens. But mostly, to those around the world who wish to bring her ideals to people around the globe. 

There ya have it folks

declaration-of-independence1.jpg

12 hours ago, Melissa Sterling said:

that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.

I agree with the notion that these words form the cornerstone of the American experiment. Sometimes I wish Jefferson could have been a bit more expansive. What other rights inalienable might those listed be among? Perhaps the right to be left alone? That might have been nice. :cool: 

12 hours ago, Melissa Sterling said:

6 minutes ago, Raoul said:

I agree with the notion that these words form the cornerstone of the American experiment. Sometimes I wish Jefferson could have been a bit more expansive. What other rights inalienable might those listed be among? Perhaps the right to be left alone? That might have been nice. :cool: 

Ironically at the time the Declaration was written, the hobby was recognized as a legitimate profession. While not truly respectable, legitimate nonetheless. Also, in this country currently, the pursuit of happiness does not pertain to the pursuit of this hobby. :mad:

On 7/2/2016 at 11:00 AM, AlexisSweet69 said:

HAPPY 4TH OF JULY! :D Have a Great weekend and start and end it with a Bang! ;)

Also, Alexis, when is this state going to be blessed with your lovely presence?

9 hours ago, amcbl1 said:

Also, Alexis, when is this state going to be blessed with your lovely presence?

Yeah, I was just thinking that myself. The fact that she is not here in Colorado is interfering with our right to pursue happiness! Maybe we should petition for extradition on the grounds that not being here is screwing with our rights. That's a felony, right? 

LOL! So put me in handcuffs! :P Hopefully someday soon! 

Edited by AlexisSweet69
re-worded

No problem. Deputy Dawg is saddling up now and headed your way. He'll hand cuff and gag you and throw you across his horse and hall your ass back to CO. Resistance is futile!