Maggie Maddix

Clients who are late?

35 posts in this topic

Only been late once to an appointment, was 10 mins late, ATF jokingly said she was ready to put out an APB.

As a self employed person, choose whatever policy works best for you, but be consistent both ways. If you are going to deduct 10 minutes if the guy is late, thats fine, but you then should give a guy a discount or extra time if YOU are late or not ready.  Conversely, if some unforseen thing makes a guy late, it could also make a provider late....so each person being flexible builds good will and good business.

I agree with the sentiment 'if you can't be on time, be early'.  I'm habitually early, and if I'm not, I stress and communicate.

Regarding 30 minutes.... I've found that there are times I schedule an hour, and 25 minutes in have run out of steam and think "boy, should have done 30 minutes".  Usually 25 isn't an issue, but sometimes.

On the rare occasions I've done a 30, I ALWAYS think "OK, idiot, why didn't you book an hour???"

Therefore....  always do the hour at minimum.

Hey Maggie,

I can't believe anybody would want to be late to a randevouz with you.  I think they have any idea what a hot woman you are, the would be there at down so they could make sure of a place on your stoop.