Ana

Ladies that post with no donation specified

74 posts in this topic

Just curious

Is this big for business? 

Or is it a pain in the ass to research every link she has to finally find out what she is asking for her donation?

My insight is I would move on to the next....

I prefer to see donations posted, but understand that it is different strokes for different folks and people can advertise the way they want to. .  I will try to check a couple of resources to find the information, but if I don't find the information needed fairly quickly, I move on.

You are right, it is a pain to look for her donation, what is really a pain is when you find several different amounts.

4 minutes ago, Ana said:

Just curious

Or is it a pain in the ass to research every link she has to finally find out what she is asking for her donation?

Sorry... Profile pic! Profile pic!  Profile pic!.... Was there a question? :confused:

I personally don't find that to be a problem. It's worth the research. You can find out a lot about someone like you, and we do our due diligence at the same time...like read your ad. I'd rather be comfortable in my choice as opposed to moving on to the next. My 2 cents.

12 minutes ago, fishndude57 said:

You can find out a lot about someone like you, and we do our due diligence at the same time...like read your ad. I'd rather be comfortable in my choice as opposed to moving on to the next.

Thank you for taking time to read the Ad's.

I use to research but now I just move on to the next. It was a pain in the ass to try to find it and the majority of the time the donation was outside the range that I am comfortable with.

If I find her rate during normal due diligence research, great. No rep, BP type providers w/o posted rates - not interested. But if she's a known individual and I'm interested in seeing her, I'll ask ("And your rate for the hour is?").  

If she is offended by this or doesn't answer, I move on and scratch her from my list. I have found over the years that those who are cagey about their rates are more likely to be sub-par experiences (upsell, C&D, etc.)

If her rate is more than I care to spend, I apologize with "Sorry, but that's out of my budget at this time." and move on, perhaps saving up for a future visit. But this usually doesn't happen because i tend to have an idea about her rate range from research & find that range acceptable before I call in the first place. 

There have been occasions (non-traditional, extended engagements) where I have offered a reasonable, set fee, thereby placing the Y|N decision in her court. 

I've learned not to ask this question. If I can't find her rate during a simple search, then I move on.  

27 minutes ago, MrBigShot said:

I've learned not to ask this question. If I can't find her rate during a simple search, then I move on.  

There are established providers who do not publically post rates for legal reasons.  But if you are an established (known) client and asking an established provider, this is usually not a problem.  If they object to the question, I don't need the drama.  I'm not going to commit to an appointment w/o knowing what it's going to cost me.

For me I would prefer to be able to find a price with in a few clicks.   

I have enjoyed doing me research to find prices, but still there are some who dont list prices anywhere.   Most girls dont want time wasters so its kind of a loose loose deal if its to hard for a guy to find it

1 hour ago, crazyb said:

its kind of a loose loose deal if its to hard for a guy to find it

Could be a catch 22 if its hard for a guy to find (it) imagine how hard it is for the YL to be blamed for being loose X 2

I try to keep it as easy as possible and post my rates.  There are a few websites I'm on that don't allow rates to be posted.  I also don't mind a gentleman asking me my rates, I sell time.  There's nothing illegal about that.

6 hours ago, mj76 said:

I use to research but now I just move on to the next. It was a pain in the ass to try to find it and the majority of the time the donation was outside the range that I am comfortable with.

My sentiments exactly.

It is a royal pain in the ass searching for rates.  Make it simple and up front. 

There are so many interesting and good looking providers now a days.  The single most determining factor for me  is cost.  I lose patience researching ads and web sites only to find out the price is not what I am willing to pay.

I go on to the next if I do not see the rate early on.

Here's my take. I try to list my rate as much as possible.  I don't want to be asked. If you don't know my rate when you walk in my door,  well you're dumb. 

I have never called a girl without posted rates or gone to much trouble to find them. Too many fish in the sea. 

Maybe like Priceline...name your own price??

What could possibly go wrong there...sounds like a solid plan.;)

40 minutes ago, Laci French-2940 said:

Maybe like Priceline...name your own price??

What could possibly go wrong there...sounds like a solid plan.;)

Apparently I'm too impaired to edit:P  

Ana, I'm not really sure why donations wouldn't be clear in ads.  Come over and let's order Chinese and figure it out.;)

On 4/13/2016 at 6:59 PM, Ana said:

Just curious

I find it annoying, personally. I'll check reviews and what not, but even what's listed there (it's not a tob review option anymore) might not be what the rate is today. Rates can fluctuate, and that's cool, but I'd like to avoid any misunderstanding when I show up. If the provider is well reviewed, with a good rep, I'll ask what the rate is. If she's brand new, forget it. 

No rates stated? It's free! Works for me. Shit, it even rhymes. 

Speaking of shit, hopefully, anal is included.;)

22 hours ago, Bit Banger said:

If I find her rate during normal due diligence research, great. No rep, BP type providers w/o posted rates - not interested. But if she's a known individual and I'm interested in seeing her, I'll ask ("And your rate for the hour is?").  

If she is offended by this or doesn't answer, I move on and scratch her from my list. I have found over the years that those who are cagey about their rates are more likely to be sub-par experiences (upsell, C&D, etc.)

If her rate is more than I care to spend, I apologize with "Sorry, but that's out of my budget at this time." and move on, perhaps saving up for a future visit. But this usually doesn't happen because i tend to have an idea about her rate range from research & find that range acceptable before I call in the first place. 

There have been occasions (non-traditional, extended engagements) where I have offered a reasonable, set fee, thereby placing the Y|N decision in her court. 

Negotiating? Tacky!

6 minutes ago, Leigh5280 said:

Negotiating? Tacky!

Negotiating? Not quite. You seem to have missed the "non-traditional, extended engagement" part, i.e. something for which she does not have posted rates. I merely state what I'm willing to pay for the encounter; she has the Yea|Nay decision.   There's not a lot of back & forth on compensation.  If you think paying 240x$(posted hourly rate) for a 10 day trip is appropriate, I have a few bridges in NY that might interest you. 

1 hour ago, Bit Banger said:

Negotiating? Not quite. You seem to have missed the "non-traditional, extended engagement" part, i.e. something for which she does not have posted rates. I merely state what I'm willing to pay for the encounter; she has the Yea|Nay decision.   There's not a lot of back & forth on compensation.  If you think paying 240x$(posted hourly rate) for a 10 day trip is appropriate, I have a few bridges in NY that might interest you. 

What you're willing to pay is the same as negotiating. A lady may not have a rate posted but the appropriate question is "what would you charge for X?". Placing your own value on someone else's service is negotiating. Nice try though.

The yea or nay should come from you and whether or not you're willing to pay the rate she suggested. Dictating a rate is sleazy and definitely a little manipulative.

I agree that if rates are not readily available, I move on.  You can't ask about rates, and I have a policy of only taking the amount needed with me, so not knowing that amount ahead of time makes it a non-started for me.

1 hour ago, Lucy Kitten said:

What you're willing to pay is the same as negotiating. A lady may not have a rate posted but the appropriate question is "what would you charge for X?". Placing your own value on someone else's service is negotiating. Nice try though.

The yea or nay should come from you and whether or not you're willing to pay the rate she suggested. Dictating a rate is sleazy and definitely a little manipulative.

My stating, "This experience is worth $X to me. Are you interested?" is no more negotiating that your stating, "$Y is my hourly rate. Are you interested?" I'm not placing a value on your services; I'm placing a value on the experience.   

Besides, negotiating is a fact of life. Some people spend months hammering out a deal. In some cultures (not US) haggling (a more aggressive form of negotiating) for a purchase is a fine art. It's how they resolve Supply and Demand on an individual basis. The negotiated price is fairest to both parties.

I'm not sure where the disdain for negotiating comes from; perhaps it's a control(power?) issue. I think the lack of haggling in the US is one reason so many Americans do not understand the basic concepts of economics, like Supply/Demand curves.

Edited by Bit Banger
Formatting

On 4/13/2016 at 6:59 PM, Ana said:

Just curious

Agree!

Next.jpg

13 minutes ago, Bit Banger said:

My stating, "This experience is worth $X to me. Are you interested?" is no more negotiating that your stating, "$Y is my hourly rate. Are you interested?" I'm not placing a value on your services; I'm placing a value on the experience.   

Besides, negotiating is a fact of life. Some people spend months hammering out a deal. In some cultures (not US) haggling (a more aggressive form of negotiating) for a purchase is a fine art. It's how they resolve Supply and Demand on an individual basis. The negotiated price is fairest to both parties.

I'm not sure where the disdain for negotiating comes from; perhaps it's a control(power?) issue. I think the lack of haggling in the US is one reason so many Americans do not understand the basic concepts of economics, like Supply/Demand curves.

It absolutely comes from power because the client should have no power in this arena. The services and experience are one in the same. I offer experiences as well as services and only I get to place the value on it.

Negotiating is not a fact of life. We are not entering in to a contractual agreement. You don't negotiate like %99 of the purchases in your life so why is this an exception? Maybe the disdain comes from the fact that it's devaluing and demoralizing? The complete lack of understanding from the client side? The entitlement? Maybe it's also because it's not actually negotiating that happens with us. It's more like an ultimatum. I want to pay this price and you get to take it or leave it. Negotiating implies that it's two sided but it rarely is.

If an individual provider wants to negotiate on her terms that's fine but it should be the exception not the rule. And I may be dense but isn't the lack of haggling because we're a capitalist  nation? Isn't the American dream about maximizing wealth? Never settle for less? I would say that based on reviews and advertising that these "Americans" who don't understand supply and demand actually do. Clients who want t negotiate 10 day trips are not really in demand and the whole supply and demand is reversed. The supply of providers who have the ability to leave for 10 days is slim and the offer had better be pretty good.

In an effort to stay on topic I think prices not listed in ads is actually a good thing but not always easy to do. List prices on a profile or on a website but not in ads. There would be fewer price fluctuations and any time you can drive traffic to your personal website it's a good thing.

4 minutes ago, Lucy Kitten said:

It absolutely comes from power because the client should have no power in this arena. The services and experience are one in the same. I offer experiences as well as services and only I get to place the value on it.

Negotiating is not a fact of life. We are not entering in to a contractual agreement. You don't negotiate like %99 of the purchases in your life so why is this an exception? Maybe the disdain comes from the fact that it's devaluing and demoralizing? The complete lack of understanding from the client side? The entitlement? Maybe it's also because it's not actually negotiating that happens with us. It's more like an ultimatum. I want to pay this price and you get to take it or leave it. Negotiating implies that it's two sided but it rarely is.

If an individual provider wants to negotiate on her terms that's fine but it should be the exception not the rule. And I may be dense but isn't the lack of haggling because we're a capitalist  nation? Isn't the American dream about maximizing wealth? Never settle for less? I would say that based on reviews and advertising that these "Americans" who don't understand supply and demand actually do. Clients who want t negotiate 10 day trips are not really in demand and the whole supply and demand is reversed. The supply of providers who have the ability to leave for 10 days is slim and the offer had better be pretty good.

In an effort to stay on topic I think prices not listed in ads is actually a good thing but not always easy to do. List prices on a profile or on a website but not in ads. There would be fewer price fluctuations and any time you can drive traffic to your personal website it's a good thing.

LOL. We place value on the service/experience before we even call. Dude makes an offer for unlisted rates. He controls that. You don't get to control that. You can answer or ignore at will though. Smarter to focus on what you can control. No use trying to push the wind back. 

No rates listed? I'm moving on. Too much bad not enough good from that. Simple is good. 

1 hour ago, Lucy Kitten said:

and 'It absolutely comes from power because the client should have no power in this arena. The services and experience are one in the same. I offer experiences as well as services and only I get to place the value on it.

Please explain to me why "... the client should have no power in this area."  Is it because you demand total control of the situation?  Is that really fair?

As a matter of fact, we are entering into a contractual arrangement.  I have actually written contracts, detailing our respective responsibilities and understandings, for my travel companions.  It eliminates a lot of misunderstandings.

Agreed, I don't bother to negotiate for a $1 candy bar.  But the higher the price the more likely I (or you) will negotiate the transaction.  We negotiate an auto purchase, a home sale, our salary, ... the list goes on.  Sometimes these negotiations are directly with the seller (or their agent).  Sometimes we negotiate by taking our business to another vendor.  Why should this big ticket item be any different?

Negotiations are a two-sided event.  Each side has something the other wants.  It's up to each side to determine how much they are willing to give up in order to have what the other side is offering.   There may be other pressures (rent, habits, etc.) which enter into one side's decision, but similar pressures may exist on the other side.  Why is it "devaluing and demoralizing" to arrive at a fair exchange, the crossing point of the Supply & Demand curves?  What mental games are you playing with yourself to arrive at this assessment?

You may think that you control your rates, but that would be incorrect.  The Market determines what your services are worth.  I could demand $1000/hr for my services as a programmer, and quickly starve while I die of boredom.  I could also offer my services at $5/hr, and starve nearly as fast but exhausted.  Unless perverted by government fiat. the laws explained in Econ 101 control transactions.

BTW: I did not say that I would not entertain counter offers.  I'm not that pig-headed.  I remember asking in one case "What would it take ...?"  My response to her answer was, "I think I can do better than that." and doubled her figure because I thought it was more reasonable and still w/in my budget constraints.

Edited by Bit Banger

10 hours ago, jj254 said:

LOL. We place value on the service/experience before we even call. Dude makes an offer for unlisted rates. He controls that. You don't get to control that. You can answer or ignore at will though. Smarter to focus on what you can control. No use trying to push the wind back. 

This is the part Lucy doesn't seem to get.  I'm not forcing anyone to accept my offer.