Ideas? First time in Denver

16 posts in this topic

Hi everyone!! This is my first time visiting Denver, and I want to enjoy it as much as I can.  Can anyone suggest a good place to get some amazing Mediterranean food in the downtown Denver area?  Thanks!!  Tempeste  xoxoxo

Welcome to Denver! Mediterranean food sounds amazing. Hopefully our TOB members will welcome you, and give some great suggestions.

Have fun on your visit here!

Welcome. Google tapas bars is your best bet. There's one down on 18th and Blake. Don't know where you're staying. Hopefully some have decent paella. They all open at 11:00 am though, not 9:00 pm. I'm only speaking from visiting Barcelona and the cuisine I experienced there. You'll like it here. 

9 hours ago, TempesteA said:

Hi everyone!! This is my first time visiting Denver, and I want to enjoy it as much as I can.  Can anyone suggest a good place to get some amazing Mediterranean food in the downtown Denver area?  Thanks!!  Tempeste  xoxoxo

Downtown is kind of rough for good Mediterranean. If you can drive a bit, though, hit the Jerusalem Restaurant on Evans near DU.

Hello Tempeste!  Welcome to our little teapot!

Agree that you are going to have to drive a bit for decent Mediterranean food.  There are a number of "hole in the wall" places East of downtown and North of DTC.  But they will be "authentic."

Welcome to Colorado beautiful lady!  I live up north, so I am not too familiar with Denver dining, but there is a great place in Fort Collins called Yum Yums.  Might be a few guys there as well.  ;)

Enjoy your stay in Colorado!

9 hours ago, Buddy Glass said:

Downtown is kind of rough for good Mediterranean. If you can drive a bit, though, hit the Jerusalem Restaurant on Evans near DU.

Agreed! And they're open late. With light rail and Uber it's an easy trip.

Also an easy uber from downtown is Desmond in Park Hill. 

Denver would not be a considered a hotbed of Mediterranean cuisine.  But then again, it's probably not the sharpest idea to go to Seattle and cast about for the best Farikal either.  On the other hand, some of the best taco/Mexican street food and Vietnamese can be found up and down Federal and Sheridan. Check out Westword or Eater Denver on-line for tips and reviews.

Ugh!  Been gone too long.  Completely forgot about Mataam Fez on East Colfax.  A bit out of downtown, but if you end up with someone you wish to spend a goodly amount of time with, their mid-east cuisine has been serving Denver for decades. 

More than decades, I took my prom date to Mataam Fez.  Has always been good.

2 hours ago, Badboy said:

More than decades....

Puts your prom prior to 1917, but why quibble.  Mataam Fez has been good for a long time.   ;-)

16 hours ago, Happymon said:

Denver would not be a considered a hotbed of Mediterranean cuisine.  But then again, it's probably not the sharpest idea to go to Seattle and cast about for the best Farikal either.  On the other hand, some of the best taco/Mexican street food and Vietnamese can be found up and down Federal and Sheridan. Check out Westword or Eater Denver on-line for tips and reviews.

Some of the best Farikal I ever had was in Seattle. it was so good I saw her a second time before I left. :D

On 4/10/2016 at 0:34 AM, Buddy Glass said:

Ditto on that.  I stop there every now and then and have no complaints. Good food, good selection, and good people. Welcome to  denver.  Your in luck. You missed our last big snow.

Jerusalem is where it's at! Stay away from lodo for night life unless you want to hang out with bros and girls carrying their shoes. LOTS of lovely day hikes to be had, many within a half an hr from Denver. Hope you have a great stay, the men here are INCREDIBLE! 

Thank you so much everyone for all your suggestions!! I ended up going to Roja and it was amazing!! [snip] but I had a fabulous time here!! Definitely going to come back! Love it here, too!!  Hope to see everyone again soon!  Tempeste  xoxoxoxo  :)

Edited by Kaduk
time frame