Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Disable Private Messaging

5 posts in this topic

I just disabled receiving PM's. This something I wish to do. Many TOB members think they can bypass my methods of contact for appointments, just because they have a TOB account. Not so. They still need to visit my site and email me will the proper information.

I had a friend test sending me a PM, they do not get a bounce back message saying, "This person does not accept messages".

It doesn't make a thread in your inbox, I guess that is a clue. However, for not so techie people they will assume a message was sent.

It there a way to fix this?

Obviously don't PM me the answer. Thanks

Edited by Kashmir
missing text

No and that is good. I don't want PM's, but did you get anything that says, this person doesn't take private messages?

That is the problem.

It was also be nice if when we log in to renew our ad, it doesn't say we are logged into the forum side for several hours.

People think you are on the forum, when you are just tending to business.

Thanks for trying Leigh.

I did not receive a notice. It just said message sent.

1 hour ago, Kashmir said:

I just disabled receiving PM's. This something I wish to do. Many TOB members think they can bypass my methods of contact for appointments, just because they have a TOB account. Not so. They still need to visit my site and email me will the proper information.

I had a friend test sending me a PM, they do not get a bounce back message saying, "This person does not accept messages".

It doesn't make a thread in your inbox, I guess that is a clue. However, for not so techie people they will assume a message was sent.

It there a way to fix this?

Obviously don't PM me the answer. Thanks

Looking into this