Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

modifying the Reputation system

19 posts in this topic

Can we please fix the reputation system?  Can your 10 reputation reset at midnight instead of the current system where if I give rep at 6:06AM, that 1/10 of my rep will not be available for 24 hours?  It would make it so much easier than wondering when you next rep will free up!  Let's see, I gave one rep at 6:06AM, two at 10:15AM, 4 at 4:00PM, etc... Thanks and move this to the proper area if this is not it...

That's a good question;

the ability to rep without it getting to out a hand. 

On the old TOB the rep got so out a control that we had to get rid of it. 

Will look into this some more & see how this rep system may differ...!

Thanks for looking into it!  In it's current form it is highly frustrating!  I tend to give rep to humorous posts and with my limited attention span, the current system may cause me to miss giving rep to a post I like because I will forget about it  in 2 hours and 12 minutes...

I also love giving rep to the amazing posts by 2big or Toohot... One of those guys is awesome or maybe neither of them... :confused:

Edited by Riggo

We are researching this from the programming side, give it some time to see if we can tweak it. For now it is what it is....

Sorry for any discomfort this has made:eek:

image.gif

2 hours ago, Riggo said:

Can we please fix the reputation system?  Can your 10 reputation reset at midnight instead of the current system where if I give rep at 6:06AM, that 1/10 of my rep will not be available for 24 hours?  It would make it so much easier than wondering when you next rep will free up!  Let's see, I gave one rep at 6:06AM, two at 10:15AM, 4 at 4:00PM, etc... Thanks and move this to the proper area if this is not it...

Within any 24 hour period. That is a forum setting.

23 minutes ago, TheWhisperer said:

Within any 24 hour period. That is a forum setting.

Understood... The problem is I don't log in and give rep on a set schedule.  The current system seems to track each single reputation given on a 24 hour clock.  i.e.... I give one at 6AM and that vote won't be available again until 6AM the next morning...

What would be nice is a system that gives you all 10 rep votes at midnight.  That way I would know what I have to give during the day.  I tend to give rep in bursts... However if I spread them out during the previous day, I will have to trickle them out the following day... The burst ability would be great so that I don't have to memorize when I gave each one the previous day!

Can we rename this thread to "Fix the reputation system"?

We should have these instead of reputations.

I just think none of us would get any sleep...Riggo would be poking us all night long. :P

04-this-arouses-me.png05-makes-me-flaccid.png

You guys,this is not a death sentence if we don't have enough rep or give enough rep. I give rep to hysterical posts that make me laugh,or I agree with strongly. Or a post that has a point of view that I hadn't thought off before and I find it has enlightened me in some eway. But if I can't give rep it isn't going to bother me in the least. I figure if I still feel the same way tomorrow about a given posting then I will let it be known tomorrow. Or the next, or. ...the next. Either way t he Sun will still rise and it will set. The Lord give th and she can take th away. Crap, i'm preachin'.

Edited by Jez UaBriain

1 hour ago, Jez UaBriain said:

You guys,this is not a death sentence if we don't have enough rep or give enough rep. I give rep to hysterical posts that make me laugh,or I agree with strongly. Or a post that has a point of view that I hadn't thought off before and I find it has enlightened me in some eway. But if I can't give rep it isn't going to bother me in the least. I figure if I still feel the same way tomorrow about a given posting then I will let it be known tomorrow. Or the next, or. ...the next. Either way t he Sun will still rise and it will set. The Lord give th and she can take th away. Crap, i'm preachin'.

Thanks Kashmir!!! Now I have unlimited rep!!!  Muahahahahahahaha!!!

Just testing it out preacher Jez.  :D

05-makes-me-flaccid.png

Edited by Riggo

13 hours ago, Kashmir said:

We should have these instead of reputations.

I just think none of us would get any sleep...Riggo would be poking us all night long. :P

04-this-arouses-me.png05-makes-me-flaccid.png

Thanks Kashmir!!! Now I have unlimited rep!!!  Muahahahahahahaha!!!

04-this-arouses-me.png

I have 21 reputation points that I've accumulated in a very short time. I want a new rank now please. I'm established. 

18 minutes ago, Leigh5280 said:

I have 21 reputation points that I've accumulated in a very short time. I want a new rank now please. I'm established. 

Reputation points do not dictate your "rank"; your number of posts do. :)

11 hours ago, Madame Web said:

55ebaccd614021eac2e1ce4f79bf84e7.jpg

04-this-arouses-me.png

5 hours ago, Madame Web said:

Reputation points do not dictate your "rank"; your number of posts do. :)

Interesting point... I have always been the Old Guy... Did I hit some bug where I could change it myself... I am not arguing the tag I have, but I am not some level of member, but just the old guy.  I like being the old guy by the way!  Even though there a many that are at least a generation ahead of me! :)

2 hours ago, Riggo said:

Interesting point... I have always been the Old Guy... Did I hit some bug where I could change it myself... I am not arguing the tag I have, but I am not some level of member, but just the old guy.  I like being the old guy by the way!  Even though there a many that are at least a generation ahead of me! :)

Before the merge Users Were able to change their rank name. It now updates based on the number of posts. Once a user reaches a certain number they will be able to change it themselves ..