BackInTheGame

Comcast censoring p411?

20 posts in this topic

I can't access p411 with my connection via comcast.  However, with my phone service, alone or as a hot spot, I can access it just fine.  Anyone else noticing that in their experience today?  It just started happening.  

I would HATE to hear they're censoring.  I have a workaround, barely inconvenient, just saying.....

I have Comcast and I'm not having any problems with p411 or any other adult sites.

Interesting...I haven't been able to log into P411 on Comcast all day.  If I get away form my house and use my cell service...no problem.  I can search Eccie and other adult sites on Comcast.  Guess I'll call Comcast in the morning and try to find out what is going on.

Interesting, I just got on lickity split again. I'm on Comcast. Did y'all pay your bill LOL!

Edited by fishndude57

Sounds like your guys PCs need some basic maintenance, I've run into times where some of my top sites (mostly gaming or adult related) become corrupt or not accessible  which can be caused from a number of things.

Search and Install your choice of one or all: Microsoft Essentials (If you have windows 10 its built in),  Malware-bytes, Spybot-search and destroy.  Start scanning

and if your using chrome try clearing all the cashe and cookies under the Settings>history>clear all browsing data option begging of time and careful if you store all your passwords in google to not erase those

if you use another browser this can be done, just search the settings 

I'd be very surprised if Comcast were filtering out sites like P411. 

I am on Comcast and can access the site.  For those of you who can't, open up a dos prompt, type nslookup, and type www.preferred411.com

What is the address that it returns?

C:\Users\mike>nslookup
> www.preferred411.com
Name:    www.preferred411.com
Address:  156.154.165.95

Comcast here.  P411 unavailable, but was ok yesterday.  Everything else is fine.

edit: I can resolve the name, I just can't get a response.

double edit: I also had to reset my connection this morning.

Edited by brownegg

A long time ago I actually had to get another Email, because my comcast email stopped working for submitting reviews. 

What is frustrating about all this is that up until yesterday I could log into P411 from home on both my laptop and my cell phone.

As of yesterday, I could not log into P411 on my laptop (Firefox) or cell phone (Chrome). Just as soon as I disabled wifi on my cell phone, I could log in.  Has to be something with the wifi.  I did get a new wifi modem from Comcast 2 weeks ago which allows me to run at 5G on my cell phone and 2.4G on my laptop.  Maybe that is the issue, but I was good for several days.

I do regularly clear the cache on my phone and laptop.

I am on Comcast and had trouble accessing P411. Reboot your modem, it cleared up my problem.

I can reach it now, having changed nothing.  Something is up with Comcast <-> P411's hosting.  I could get the IP the whole time, I just couldn't get a connection.  Worked yesterday, works now, didn't work for hours in the middle.

p411 is working for me now mar 29th  

chromebook/comcast out in east Denver 

I meant feb 29th p411 is working for me now, was not working all day yesterday!

We were experiencing some DNS issues that now appear to rectified. Fingers crossed! Thanks for your patience. :)

Always,

Gina

7 hours ago, GinaXXX said:

We were experiencing some DNS issues that now appear to rectified. Fingers crossed! Thanks for your patience. :)

Always,

Gina

Thanks, mine is working again today.