Thanks for the welcome

33 posts in this topic

It's so cold!!!!!!

So I don't hobby out of my house. Where are some nice warm incall locations in denver here? 

Tell me the best restaurants  too!! I am a huge foodie. I may be 130 but I can put it down.  

Ps what is this white stuff on the ground? 

Appaloosa Grill 535 16th St #110, Denver, CO 80202 This is one of my favorites. They have great good, bar, live music and place to sit outside.  The only thing I don't like about sitting outside here anymore, I quit smoking. Now I cant stand the smell. Its horrible. Yet Im a former smoker. T.his is your best buy for food fun entertainment. 

Texas de Brazil 8390 Northfield Blvd #1800, Denver, CO 80238

Wow, this place left me speechless when I left. The food was fabulous. 

The Oceanaire Seafood Room 1400 Arapahoe St, Denver, CO 80202

Very delicious, you don't don't get a lot food for $200 for two people. 

Ocean Prime Denver 1465 Larimer St, Denver, CO 80202

Another really great place to eat. 

Many of the ladies work out of the DTC south of City, Most have good parking and several good places to eat in the area.

Awww yes!!!! I used to go to this super cheap, kinda scary looking Mexican restaurant in El Paso, it was one of those creepy places where you KNEW they were putting Thier all into the food lol. But it was amazing and will be missed.  It's pretty bad when you walk in and they already know your order!!! Lol. I will try all these places though! Thanks so mucho!!

If you find any Mex food in Denver that stacks up against what you were used to in El Paso, let us know. I've been looking for 20 years. There are some good places here but not like in the real southwest. 

The travelling ladies seem to stick with DTC.  There are certainly a LOT of rooms available.  It lies on the expressway, so every chain restaurant you've ever heard of is close.

I live in DTC and am a huge foodie, and the food situation is quite suburban.  Not a complaint, it's the suburbs.  But there's not a ton of hole-in-the-wall to eat.  Set your expectations to "strip mall".

I'm so excited.  I can't wait to see green,  all I have ever known in my life is desert, I am over caucus and dirt lol

8 hours ago, fishndude57 said:

Welcome. You're still in a desert, just a high plains desert.

And thank God a desert with fish! :D

I am sooooooooooooo sick!!! I was fishing two weeks ago in 80 degree temps, now I'm frozen.  I haven't had a cold in ages, I might have to wait a couple weeks!!

That's not too shabby, do they warm in the summer? I have only really fished cat and bass, I guess I finally need to learn to fly fish. Im 10 minutes from Barr  lake so hopefully it won't take me long to pick it up. But arizona has the best catfishing 

Barr's a Great fishery. Loads of perch, wiper, big eyes, some bucketmouth and small mouth. Tricky boat ramp when water levels low. Crowded. State record small mouth and channel cat at 42# both came out of Aurora. Local lakes have good fishing, just got to hit them. Ya ever have a question, just ask. I'm really an encyclopedia on local lakes and Mtn waterways too.

Headed to Barr today.  Maybe I'll head up to Aurora next week.  I need to get another boat though! I had one but left it to my neighbor since I really didn't feel like towing anything else.  I am just not fond of fishing off of the edge.  Don't have near as much luck. 

7 minutes ago, SpiceInCo said:

Headed to Barr today.  Maybe I'll head up to Aurora next week.  I need to get another boat though! I had one but left it to my neighbor since I really didn't feel like towing anything else.  I am just not fond of fishing off of the edge.  Don't have near as much luck. 

The second happiest day of my life was the day I picked up my Bass boat.

The happiest day was the day I got rid of it.  What a time+money sucking demon.

On 2/26/2016 at 6:15 PM, SpiceInCo said:

That's not too shabby, do they warm in the summer? I have only really fished cat and bass, I guess I finally need to learn to fly fish. Im 10 minutes from Barr  lake so hopefully it won't take me long to pick it up. But arizona has the best catfishing 

Barr Lake is also a bird sanctuary. There are bald eagles that nest there and it's about time to see them.

1 hour ago, Laplace said:

The second happiest day of my life was the day I picked up my Bass boat.

The happiest day was the day I got rid of it.  What a time+money sucking demon.

Lol, I had a 20 ft Bass Buggy pontoon boat. Best way not to catch fish on a boat. Yes sometimes it was a pain in the ass. 

On February 23, 2016 at 2:32 AM, Nikki Holiday said:

Appaloosa Grill 535 16th St #110, Denver, CO 80202 This is one of my favorites. They have great good, bar, live music and place to sit outside.  The only thing I don't like about sitting outside here anymore, I quit smoking. Now I cant stand the smell. Its horrible. Yet Im a former smoker. T.his is your best buy for food fun entertainment. 

Texas de Brazil 8390 Northfield Blvd #1800, Denver, CO 80238

Wow, this place left me speechless when I left. The food was fabulous. 

The Oceanaire Seafood Room 1400 Arapahoe St, Denver, CO 80202

Very delicious, you don't don't get a lot food for $200 for two people. 

Ocean Prime Denver 1465 Larimer St, Denver, CO 80202

Another really great place to eat. 

Ocean prime is a fav of mine. Hit happy hour, great appetizers but try the calamari off the main menu. Best I've had! Great looking gals as well.

Welcome!     

Fishing is good in Colorado but some of the best fly fishing is in Wyoming.  Do it every chance I get.  Used to have a 22 footer,  great for water sports and also fishing but now just have a little 3 seater alum. fishing boat.  Just right for me and my dog and one extra. 
If you like India Indian food there is a little place in the dtc (in a strip mall )on Arapahoe just east of I 25.   India's castle.  Really good.  maybe the best Indian food in Denver in my opinion and inexpensive.  There is also little diner called Dougs Day Diner in the Centennial area off I 25 that is a mom and pop place that has usual and also unusual food for a diner.  One of the ladies took me there.  Just bring a big appetite.  . It really is quite good and cheap.

Gold medal waters up here in Glenwood:) 

i I bet there's customers too! 

I haven't been to Glenwood  yet, and I do so badly want to go clay shooting even though I suck!!

I used to live in Glenwood and recall that it was close to heaven!  Ski in the morning, shoot a few clays on the way home in Basalt (used to have a great little range there) and finish up the day fishing in the Roaring Fork.  Dang, the only thing missing was a paying job.

Oh my gosh that would be amazing!!!

On 2/23/2016 at 9:16 PM, citori40 said:

Kaduk's house  : )

pMaV4QY.jpg

19 hours ago, Kaduk said:

pMaV4QY.jpg

Dammit I'm out of rep. I need that house in my life!!!