themanxxx

small world....

16 posts in this topic

Has anyone recognized a provider on BP from FB or instagram? Then go see her through BP? I've done that before and it was a bit awkward haha. She kept telling me I looked familiar, but I was afraid to tell her that I know her from FB. Awhile later I've messaged her on FB and she says "she doesn't know what I'm talking about" but maybe she to embarrassed or what, I mean don't get me wrong would be cool if she knew and just keep all this on the DL right? Haha 

35 minutes ago, themanxxx said:

just keep all this on the DL right? 

DL is dead. FB killed it.

Yes.  I now know two providers I have seen and then later stumbled across their FB page. A 3rd accidentally shared hers with me.

If this happens to you, the proper, Gentlemanly thing to do involves 3 steps:

1) Never ever mention it to anyone else.

2) Never mention it to the lady, unless she asks.

3) Beat your head against the wall, drink heavily, or take whatever other steps you usually need to forget you ever saw it.  THIS IS THE LADY'S PRIVATE LIFE.  IT IS NONE OF YOUR FUCKING BUSINESS.

F*c*b**k is the devil.

35 minutes ago, Laplace said:

F*c*b**k is the devil.

No greater words have been uttered. 

I heard last night on the radio that coming to a lender near you is "social media" credit rating.  It's already present in job interviews and has been seen in terminations.    Banks and employers are looking at your social media presence.  Post a picture of yourself at Mardi Gras or in Cancun with a drink in your hand,  look for a higher interest rate on your loan, higher car insurance premiums and possibly being passed over for a job.  

edit:  I've never been, nor plan to be on social media.   My  74 year old mother has to call me to tell me when things happen in the extended family because of this.  B)

Edited by frankenthaler91

4 hours ago, frankenthaler91 said:

edit:  I've never been, nor plan to be on social media.   My  74 year old mother has to call me to tell me when things happen in the extended family because of this.   :0

I miss out on the photos of family and their [Snip}

3 hours ago, Bit Banger said:

I miss out on the photos of family and their [Snip}

I'll agree there is a downside to this position.    

Okay, if I were you I would not say a damn thing about this stuff on her facebook page. Why? Because often we have FB pages for our real life crap. I would be so f*&^% pissed if someone I new from here outed me anywhere, but especially on FB. That is family, friends outside this venue. Yes, not to burst some guys fantasy but we do have a real life personality, family and friends that love us. We all are privy to some private information, both provider and hobbyist. It is part of that unspoken code of hooker / client ethics to keep this sort of private info safe. To do anything less shows a complete lack of integrity where this part  of our lives  is concerned.  Ask yourself this" Do I want Aunt Doris, or my co-workers and friends to see this"

From the OP's post I would be leary of doing business with him. Maybe he is just young, and still learning our etiquette. In that case he just ran into the bell curve. You never, never, never contact us outside of this unless you are invited into our real world. Just as we would not do to you. You want to let us know you may have seen our FB page? Fine, do it privately. 

4 hours ago, themanxxx said:

Has anyone recognized a provider on BP from FB or instagram? Then go see her through BP? I've done that before and it was a bit awkward haha. She kept telling me I looked familiar, but I was afraid to tell her that I know her from FB. Awhile later I've messaged her on FB and she says "she doesn't know what I'm talking about" but maybe she to embarrassed or what, I mean don't get me wrong would be cool if she knew and just keep all this on the DL right? Haha 

When a gentleman tries to get into my personal life like that, it creeps me out. I keep hobby life and personal life very seperate. I don't ever see a guy that does that. I keep my personal FB and others private. I also never go looking for a guy's FB, Twitter,  LinkedIn, etc. It's not my business and these are not safe screening tools. I respect the privacy of my clients. 

If a lady wanted you in personal life, she will tell you. Would you like a provider digging into your personal life? Mutual respect is a must.

36 minutes ago, Jez UaBriain said:

Okay, if I were you I would not say a damn thing about this stuff on her facebook page. Why? Because often we have FB pages for our real life crap. I would be so f*&^% pissed if someone I new from here outed me anywhere, but especially on FB. That is family, friends outside this venue. Yes, not to burst some guys fantasy but we do have a real life personality, family and friends that love us. We all are privy to some private information, both provider and hobbyist. It is part of that unspoken code of hooker / client ethics to keep this sort of private info safe. To do anything less shows a complete lack of integrity where this part  of our lives  is concerned.  Ask yourself this" Do I want Aunt Doris, or my co-workers and friends to see this"

From the OP's post I would be leary of doing business with him. Maybe he is just young, and still learning our etiquette. In that case he just ran into the bell curve. You never, never, never contact us outside of this unless you are invited into our real world. Just as we would not do to you. You want to let us know you may have seen our FB page? Fine, do it privately. 

He's already on my "No list". I don't take disrespect lightly. No provider should. 

True that guys, I mean it over a year when I decided to talk to her on FB. Maybe she doesn't recognize me. I will leave it like that! Thanks!

5 hours ago, themanxxx said:

True that guys, I mean it over a year when I decided to talk to her on FB. Maybe she doesn't recognize me. I will leave it like that! Thanks!

Babe, just contact her with that knowledge thru a pm. If she wants to know you in her personal life-she will maybe "friend" you

It is a VERY small world.

I am from Denver and there has been times when I could swear that I know the man that just walked through the door. The thoughts that go through my mind at 100mph is where, when, how..... I try not to make it obvious but I am terrible at that. My face must tell all Like a mask.

What can really throw me for a loop is when they know my REAL NAME!

My heart literally jumps out of my body!:huh:

This has happened twice to me. In each case, the provider was advertising using a "hobby" phone number that, for whatever reason, tied back to her real-life FB page. In each case, I sent her a text suggesting she might want to get a new hobby phone (and change/delete her phone number info on FB) so that no one could connect the two worlds. I realize it was none of my business--providers can manage their own lives how they want to--but I know I would appreciate it if I had done that and someone let me know about it discreetly.

And, of course, I didn't send her a fucking FB PM telling her I knew her secret. Jesus, dude.

On 2/21/2016 at 8:07 AM, themanxxx said:

This is one of the unwritten taboos of this industry. I know you were trying to share an interesting anecdote with all of us but you came across like a stalker, albeit unintentional. Even if you aren't a stalker, you've just proven both your naivete' and your stupidity by prying into her private life via FB. You'll be fortunate if the YL doesn't Blacklist you and / or more providers take a hard look at granting you a meeting now that you've shared your lapse in judgment with the community. 

Well, you CAN make your FB profile invisible to anyone but people you've 'friended'.  That said, if it's on the internet, it's there forever, even if it's hidden or private.  

I think it's weird/creepy/stalkerish to send a message to someone in this context without an invitation.  

On February 21, 2016 at 0:21 PM, Jez UaBriain said:

You jump the gun he said he message her private message her did not post on her time line! And yes it's our private lives up their I don't think he that dumb enough to do that as for me I'm like Laplace don't say a anything!