Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Raemid

Boolean search?

6 posts in this topic

Is there a way to include Boolean logic like AND, OR, etc in the search fields? For example, if I wanted to find reviews that included the words FBSM and MSOG in the description or maybe in the consenting adult activities fields, how would I run this search? 

We are working on ways to improve the search and make it more seamless, we hope to have this completed within the next month

I'm not getting this to work properly. For example, if I search review descriptions for "massage" (no quotes) within the past year, I get 168 results. If I search for "utf", I get 247 results. If I search for both, "massage utf", I get 0 results. I know there are reviews that contain both words though. Geeque2's 12/11/15 review of Asian Model Jennifer is an example. It seems like the search is looking for "massage utf" exactly as typed instead of searching for the words "massage" and "utf". Am I still doing it wrong? 

Either way, I look forward to the enhancements. Thanks. 

We have confirmed that result, as of now the search looks for terms as you enter them unless the user entered them in with , 

This will be looked at when they redo the search

Search Update.

We were planning on integrating a site wide search, but the forum and other website framework, as well the way specific pages were coded presents significant challenges thus making that too problematic  to do:( we will look at other options when we look into doing a redesign in 2017