Lucy Kitten

Would you rather.....

46 posts in this topic

Would you rather be ignored, lied to or told to the truth in the hypothetical that a provider is turning down your request for an appointment?

Tell it to me straight, please. Now matter how much it may sting.

The truth!!

And if possible, only if possible and convenient, a reason or a suggestion about how to improve for future requests with other ladies.

Tell the truth, that way a person can move on and never bother the provider again. 

Please oh please:

Give me the truth, no matter how brutal.

37 minutes ago, Bora Bora said:

The truth!!

And if possible, only if possible and convenient, a reason or a suggestion about how to improve for future requests with other ladies.

^^ this ^^

2 hours ago, Bora Bora said:

The truth!!

Winner!  If I am unintentionally doing something that makes the lady nervous or think I am an ass, the only way to correct is to know. key word unintentionally.

2 hours ago, Lucy Kitten said:

Would you rather be ignored, lied to if I wanted a wife I would look for one or told to the truth in the hypothetical that a provider is turning down your request for an appointment?

Truth.  Always.  Life too short for bullshit.

2 hours ago, Lucy Kitten said:

Would you rather be ignored, lied to or told to the truth in the hypothetical that a provider is turning down your request for an appointment?

I ran into an issue earlier this year where I spoke to the Ladies he'd seen they said he was safe...blah blah but it was something in particular that he did to these 2 Ladies (that I spoke to, I don't know how many others) that made me very uncomfortable and in turn the Ladies said they would never see him again because of this act.
Out of respect to the Ladies, I didn't tell him WHY I felt like we were a good fit. I just told him I was sorry but I didn't think it was going to work for I felt like we weren't a good match. He tried harassing me a bit after that but thank goodness there is "auto reject".

Less than gentlemanly behaviour is my reason for not wanting to see him as well as my reason for not wanting to tell him the truth. :/

If I've never met with him I will kindly let him know what was done that helped me decide so that he might learn from it. 

If I have met with him then I will usually answer his requests with "I'm not available that day".

Edited by Cecilia
Had more to say...

The truth, absolutely. And, as others have said, a reason or suggestion would be great....were I in that situation, the best outcome would be to learn from it.

In my opinion, the girl should say "I don't think we'd be compatible.", and the guy should accept that and move on. :)

The truth 100%, but at a minimum definitely lie or be vague over ignore.

Especially if it's something innocuous, like 'you don't meet my age range', being told is so much nicer than thinking you said something wrong.

1 hour ago, pfunk said:

In my opinion, the girl should say "I don't think we'd be compatible.", and the guy should accept that and move on. :)

That just makes too much sense PFunk.

Some guys don't take no for an answer and they should. In my personal opinion ignoring is often the best solution. This is a business of stroking egos not deflating them. There is also a risk in being honest. The truth hurts and sometimes pisses people off and none of that has a place in a business that sells happiness.

1 hour ago, Lucy Kitten said:

Some guys don't take no for an answer and they should. In my personal opinion ignoring is often the best solution. This is a business of stroking egos not deflating them. There is also a risk in being honest. The truth hurts and sometimes pisses people off and none of that has a place in a business that sells happiness.

Unfortunately, he is answering a different question.  You asked what I would prefer.  I would prefer the truth.  But I know how I would deal with the truth.  

Now if you were asking what the recommended approach is for a lady given that some guys don't take the truth well, or are stalkers, or are assholes and you don't always know at the outset what you are dealing with (and I understand that is frequently the case) - Pfunk's answer is right on.

43 minutes ago, gr8owl said:

Unfortunately, he is answering a different question.  You asked what I would prefer.  I would prefer the truth.  But I know how I would deal with the truth.  

Now if you were asking what the recommended approach is for a lady given that some guys don't take the truth well, or are stalkers, or are assholes and you don't always know at the outset what you are dealing with (and I understand that is frequently the case) - Pfunk's answer is right on.

Yeah.  What he said.  I change my answer to this.

Truth or not, don't leave it open-ended. If there's no chance you'll see him, make that part clear. The rest really doesn't matter that much. 

3 hours ago, gr8owl said:

I was giving my preferred approach. I was answering my question from my POV. I know the recommended approach, at least what I do. I was just curious as to what others wanted. I think opting out of an explanation was PFunk's preference.

59 minutes ago, Buddy Glass said:

If there's no chance you'll see him, make that part clear. The rest really doesn't matter that much. 

For certain, this is right on, and what I would prefer.

23 hours ago, Lucy Kitten said:

Straight up please. Then I won't waste my time or her's asking further. I had one lady here say she didn't want to see me because of my age. I am over 55. Been told I look in my 40's. (Not bragging just saying). At any rate I won't bother asking her again.

I would vote for a softened truth.  To Lucy's point you don't want to hammer the guy and to camper's point an honest reason will make most rational clients move on.  Neither side wants to enter a session where someone is not going to enjoy it.  At least in my little world.  Some people may enjoy a confrontational environment.  Not sure why, but boats float differently in this little world of ours.

12 hours ago, a_happycamper_12 said:

Straight up please. Then I won't waste my time or her's asking further. I had one lady here say she didn't want to see me because of my age. I am over 55. Been told I look in my 40's. (Not bragging just saying). At any rate I won't bother asking her again.

I wonder if that wasn't the soft truth?  If not, if a lady doesn't want to see a client over a certain age, she should put it in her ad and save both sides the hassle.  Plenty of them post they don't want to see anyone under a certain age, so why not post a cap on the other end.  It certainly wouldn't offend me if the ads stated and age cap if there is one. 

Edited by Riggo

On December 11, 2015 at 3:31 PM, Lucy Kitten said:

Not only does the truth hurt but we must remember to be delicate w ones sexual psyche. As long as ones fantasies or desires are not down right "morally wrong (lol 😂) or harmful to another" just  because they do not float your boat doesn't mean anyone has the right to make him feel like there is something wrong with what he desires. He could very well be the next lady's hidden gem. For me, I can count on one hand the amount of times I've had to give this type of reference (🙏) Personally, Its about delivery. I give the reference for so and so who is NOT LE. But I say, "I did note that he did do/try to do -blank- [[name illicit behavior]] which I am not into so , I probably will not see him again. I would kindly appreciate if you kept this between you and I --whether you choose to see him or not. Best wishes." I have found that the ladies appreciate the honestly and the gents don't get hurt feelers. Life has taught me that Everything isn't for everybody, except maybe for a little compassion. Everyone should have a little more of that 💜

I was going to ignore this thread because it just seemed to obvious but I'm glad I re-read and see some of the subtleties come out.

A different thread (which I'll start), but I think it's even more difficult to write reviews and dance around the "truth".

On 12/12/2015 at 8:03 AM, a_happycamper_12 said:

Why would you ask her again? Her answer seemed pretty straightforward and what age you really look like is irrelevant.

On 12/13/2015 at 8:46 PM, Riggo said:

I would vote for a softened truth.  To Lucy's point you don't want to hammer the guy and to camper's point an honest reason will make most rational clients move on.  Neither side wants to enter a session where someone is not going to enjoy it.  At least in my little world.  Some people may enjoy a confrontational environment.  Not sure why, but boats float differently in this little world of ours.

These meetings are just as much about ego as they are for satisfaction. Honesty is what hurts the most and it's also hard to list (on a site or in ads) everything as a provider that could be a potential rejection. It's tacky and rude when you see it in writing. Incompatible is the best answer, often times if you give an honest reason you get a response like Campers. The best answer to give in a providers situation is one that can't really have a come back. Gentle but firm because no has to really mean no.