Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
pitbull

How Much Would You Pay for a Replicant?

14 posts in this topic

The recent "sex doll" thread got me thinking...If someone manufactured an essentially perfect woman, in the style of the Blade Runner replicant and/or the "Ex Machina" women, how much would you pay to own one?  She is physically just like a woman, but you press a button and store her in a closet. She is a robot, like "Alecia" from that Twilight Zone episode where the prisoner is banished to an asteroid.  $10K   $100K  $500K  ?   I think the money charged for such an item could realistically go WAY WAY higher.

I can't help but wonder if lawmakers would ban such an item for reasons I can't quite imagine. You can't "traffic" a robot, and for the sake of argument, let's say it's impossible to get a disease from such a robot. So why regulate such an item? Feel free to opine on any of these topics. 

I would never buy something like this. Like a tool I use twice a year...I'll rent it!

Plus, I love meeting the many kinds of people, working in this business! :)

Since I have already paid for several robot women who were posting on BP, I'd say around $250 an hour.

Instead of a female replicant, can I just get a replicant of myself instead? That way I can send it off to work and grocery shopping and all that crap. This could do wonders for the amount of free time I get!

Yeah, I should have known this thread wouldn't fly. So much for a discussion of relative value and possible robot-related laws.  Mods just go ahead and put this thread out of its misery. 

Well, the BR replicants lived for only 4 yrs, so an interesting question.   I'd go 10K for a Sean Young or Joanna Cassidy type and 15K for a Daryl Hannah type.  As for the legality of such things, remember this country has already experimented with genetic breeding for slavery purposes so I wouldn't discount such a future being possible.

On ‎12‎/‎6‎/‎2015‎ ‎7‎:‎56‎:‎08‎, pitbull said:

The recent "sex doll" thread got me thinking...If someone manufactured an essentially perfect woman, in the style of the Blade Runner replicant and/or the "Ex Machina" women, how much would you pay to own one?  She is physically just like a woman, but you press a button and store her in a closet. She is a robot, like "Alecia" from that Twilight Zone episode where the prisoner is banished to an asteroid.  $10K   $100K  $500K  ?   I think the money charged for such an item could realistically go WAY WAY higher.

I can't help but wonder if lawmakers would ban such an item for reasons I can't quite imagine. You can't "traffic" a robot, and for the sake of argument, let's say it's impossible to get a disease from such a robot. So why regulate such an item? Feel free to opine on any of these topics. 

There was a movie made in the last 5 or so years about this. I am wrecking my brain trying to remember the name of it.  In it, the robot prostitutes were being kidnapped, disassembled (aka killed). The police were assigned to investigate. A human police officer was assigned and fell for a robot. I think if I remember correctly, the artificial life formed becomes sanctioned. Deserving the same protection as humans.....just a terrible movie.   

Also this is very much like a "Stepford Wife" that didn't end well for anyone.

Law makers in this country can't regulate immigration, fire arms, illegal substances ect. No way they could conceive regulating robot females as "mail order brides" or as a "sex worker". We can't handle 2015 much less the future :D

I would say, you can't catch a disease from your robot unless you share it, just like a human.

As for the $2500 sex dolls, it better come with a dishwasher in it!

Good post pittbull. Oh make sure your robot offers CIM and Greek before buying :)

Edited by Kashmir
forgot something

Will I be able to make my robot cum?

'Cause, I'd, like, pay a fortune for that.

1 minute ago, Laplace said:

Will I be able to make my robot cum?

'Cause, I'd, like, pay a fortune for that.

I am sure she will be programmed to "fake it". Pay extra for that microchip.

I would go 10K for something that lifelike.  But would depend on life span.  Who could afford 100 K?  The key to the whole thing would be the ability to swap out faces, hair, hips, butt, and skin tone so she could be many different women.  How great would it be to put in a photo or video and out pops the woman as close as the machine could make her.  With 3D printers, I bet you could do anything.  But a legal issue would arise I bet when some men start trying to get mimics of underage girls. 

On 12/7/2015, 10:57:34, pejo said:

Since I have already paid for several robot women who were posting on BP, I'd say around $250 an hour.

You are Hilarious lol.

I'm sure it was not so hilarious when you were experiencing a bad date, but your reply sure made me giggle a bit lol.

Robot Sex Doll says, "Take Me To Your Leader"... so you take her home to meet your wife LOL. Teasing lol ;-)~

I think this was already covered in Weird Science!  That worked out well.  Now we all just need a Barbie and that machine! :-)

1 hour ago, Riggo said:

I think this was already covered in Weird Science!  That worked out well.  Now we all just need a Barbie and that machine! :-)

Just make sure there aren't any model rocket laying around. 😜

28 minutes ago, Bit Banger said:

Just make sure there aren't any model rocket laying around. 😜

Or just about anything else that you don't want to see a 100x version of!  Like a whale penis!  Must be careful of what is laying around. :-)