ajot

At least allow providers to have their site int their about me section!

6 posts in this topic

I'm still trying to match some providers (new ones especially) to more details about themselves. In an easy example to see, I clicked on someone who introduced themselves as new, clicked on their about me section, and it had edits saying all links and advertising was deleted.

But come on, why can't they post it in the ONE place it should truly be ok to post an easy way to find them? While I'd certainly like it a different way, at the very least is there a good reason why they can't post in the most obvious place you'd look?

9 hours ago, ajot said:

I'm still trying to match some providers (new ones especially) to more details about themselves. In an easy example to see, I clicked on someone who introduced themselves as new, clicked on their about me section, and it had edits saying all links and advertising was deleted.

But come on, why can't they post it in the ONE place it should truly be ok to post an easy way to find them? While I'd certainly like it a different way, at the very least is there a good reason why they can't post in the most obvious place you'd look?

We are working on adding some additional features to tie the profiles and ads to the forum profile. We hope to have that in place soon. This was one of the reasons we updated the Header and Navigation a week ago...:)

On 12/2/2015, 6:17:11, ajot said:

There is a place for this already. if providers would take the time to read the rules, you would have all the information (see copy below) about them you could want. I think maybe you are asking the wrong question in the wrong forum. a better question would be.............Providers, why don't you fill out your signature line?

#4 NO ADVERTISING IN THE FORUMS
No Advertising in the forums! Providers are welcome to contribute to the discussions, but NO Advertising is permitted. 'Advertise' means to post information for the purpose of drawing attention to yourself. Providers are not permitted to answer "In Search Of" type posts. To Post an Ad click your Profile icon in the top right hand corner and select Post Ad.

Note to Providers: Your signature may contain text links to your website, your reviews, and/or a link to your P411 page or similar pages. Contact information such as phone number or E-mail address is also permitted in your signature. No other information that could be considered advertising is permitted in your signature or in posts, and quotes/other text is ONLY permitted if you choose to have no contact info or links in your signature. You may upload your picture to use as your avatar only. 

Note to Gentlemen: Your signature may not contain links to any adult orientated website. No other information that could be considered advertising or promotion is permitted in your signature or in posts. You may upload your picture to use as your avatar only.

Not a bad point that they should put that info in their sig. And to have a self promotion free forum. Just pointing out that rules are there for a reason, you come up with reasonable ones and people should follow them.

But is it unreasonable to think that am "About me" section on a profile would have a link to more about them? I'm not running the site and can't force you to do anything, I'm posting it in the suggestion forum because its a SUGGESTION that I think it is a reasonable place - though others can completely disagree. If I'm the only one that thinks this way, well its your site so it'll obviously be the way you want it :)

Soon we will update the About Me page with a new title.

For now the About Me Text Editor; No contact links or Advertising information will be allowed other than Photo's & a brief Bio.

On December 5, 2015 at 3:51 PM, ajot said:

Not a bad point that they should put that info in their sig. And to have a self promotion free forum. Just pointing out that rules are there for a reason, you come up with reasonable ones and people should follow them.

But is it unreasonable to think that am "About me" section on a profile would have a link to more about them? I'm not running the site and can't force you to do anything, I'm posting it in the suggestion forum because its a SUGGESTION that I think it is a reasonable place - though others can completely disagree. If I'm the only one that thinks this way, well its your site so it'll obviously be the way you want it :)

As we have now added the TOB Profile link you can now jump there and see all her info