Erin_CO

Pro or Amateur photos?

22 posts in this topic

What quality of photos do gentlemen prefer on ads and websites?

A friend told me that he didn't like providers' ads with professional super high quality pictures, for him those pics are too artificial. He prefers natural or amateur pictures even if they were taken with a cell phone, or even if you can see the small defects on the skin or shape. For him it was like the difference between visiting a "pro" against visiting a "girlfriend".

What do you think?

I think guys will have different preferences.  

I prefer a mixture of both high quality and casual, with pics that include the whole body and face in a variety of poses.     Many post pics that are so close up (perhaps purposefully) that it is hard to get a good feel of what the person actually looks like.  

If I find a  person very attractive, that's likely going to be the case with amateur or professional photos.  You might start with amateur photos (taken by friends or self), do several different shoots,  pick the best from the lot,  and see how that works for you.  You can always invest in professional pics later.

I prefer recent armature photos. They are a much better representation of who is going to actually open the door. I'm always a tad disappointed when the provider opens the door and all I have seen are the professional photos. The photos are always way over processed.

I like the amateur/selfie looking ones. As said, I believe that they are more representative of the real lady.

And with the advance of cameras in today's phones - they can still be "pro" quality.

I can see why the "pros" with their own web sites get professional pictures. But I prefer the amateur shots. For me the best thing a lady can do is to post new pics reasonably often ... when she's posting the same pics from 5 years ago I'm going to wonder why.

I gotta agree with all the other dudes here. Nothing beats a good selfy. I prefer to know what a woman is actually going to look like versus a professional picture that's been doctored. So I think you have a unanimous answer here. Lol. 

I prefer a mix of pro and selfies that way i get a look at normal everyday looks and way over madeup photos.

I have a huge preference for amateur photos and selfies.  Just as Erin suggests, a selfie sends a subliminal message that you are seeing a girlfriend instead of a seasoned pro.

This thread is really about ads and websites, but it brings to mind a selfie that my current favorite sent me:   my current favorite (a dancer) sent me a selfie on a cold morning with her wearing only a scarf, tracing the outline of her breasts. It was sexy and personal, and I've been hooked on her ever since.

I know I much prefer a guy who sends me a picture of himself to send a everyday type photo. And not his professional photo (such as a real estate sales person would use).  I want to see the real-life look . And please, no pecker pics. I would much rather meet your Mr. Willy in  real life- photos generally don't do him justice.

Sure professional pics are nice. But you know they are edited.  I think a mix of both  suffices. You get the fantasy, and the real lady behind the lip gloss.

Out of the pics you have on your website, this is the only one that would make me give you a call. The rest are a mix of bad photography and bad selfies.

668f8a442754408.jpg

The point being: pic should show what you look like when you come through the door. A decently lit and exposed amateur (the above is neither, that's why I said "comes close", but the pose is serviceable) picture is fine for that purpose.

Edited by 2Big

I prefer recent armature photos. 

I think I can help:;)

118c5f442755484.jpg 

Generally prefer amateur  photos, especially on backpage where slick correlates to fake.  However, good professional photos can be a plus.

It is always a very pleasant surprise when the door opens and my expectations are exceeded.  I always try to exceed expectations myself in my presentation. That contributes to a great session where all parties have a good experience.

I guess the paradox is that in order  to get me to that point the provider has to offer the most attractive imagesto make an impression.

Wow! so many answers, thank you for your input!

This helps a lot!!!

Photos are photos and you can't please everyone. A good selfie stick and tripod with a Bluetooth button for your cellphone is exceptionally helpful, you can take a better selfie and not always have your arm sticking out.

A good friend once told me that he prefers my (and other ladies) more conservative pics. Suggestive poses with minimal nudity, he likes to imagine the reveal. The images you put out there will have an impact on the guys that call you.

I think guys will have different preferences.  

I prefer a mixture of both high quality and casual, with pics that include the whole body and face in a variety of poses.     Many post pics that are so close up (perhaps purposefully) that it is hard to get a good feel of what the person actually looks like.  

If I find a  person very attractive, that's likely going to be the case with amateur or professional photos.  You might start with amateur photos (taken by friends or self), do several different shoots,  pick the best from the lot,  and see how that works for you.  You can always invest in professional pics later.

I also like to see a variety of both types.  The amateur shots can give me an idea of the "person", and facial expressions (on those with face shots) can show playfulness and sexiness.  And for me the pro-style shots indicate that the lady takes her role in a professional manner, which is also important to me.

If you're going to take your own, invest in GorillaPod for phones. I'm sure you can find these at a local Mike's Camera - there is more than one model. If you enjoy creativity, there's lots of ways to use the phone, camera apps, etc.  I use one for Meerkat and Periscope.

I think with the emphasis on social media these days, the selfie/casual photo communicates more directly than the glamour shots. A good photog can add a lot but that can get expensive if you're not willing to experiment with amateurs.

Definitely recent amateur photos done well are the way to go 

Obviously the professional ones look way better because they have been ran through Photoshop. Hence the reason you see only these types of photos in all advertising and marketing materials.

I agree that too close up can deceive the eyes into being attracted to someone that they might not be attracted to if they saw they whole body/face combo in the entire photo.

In my opinion there is just something so intimate and personal when a woman uses amateur photos from a cell phone or digital camera. It makes the woman real, tangible and inviting.

I have always used amateur photos, and have yet to have any problems setting up a date with a gentleman.

I prefer amateur over professional because there is less of a chance for a man to be disappointed when meeting in person. I think a woman will look more like her amateur photos in person than she ever would have the chance to with professional photos that have been altered with Photoshop.

Our eyes love to see perfection, but our body and mind don't need perfection to experience an out of this world sexcapade lol.

My vote would be for using more (quality and full body) amateur photos to give a better indication of what you look like in real life...

I like well done selfies or simple pro photo's. Over edited pro's make me suspect. In terms of selfies it sure helps if you pay attention to your surroundings before taking the pic. A bunch of clutter in the photo may indicate a lack of attention in other ways. Many of us recall a noteworthy selfie from backpage that may have included a quite visible deuce in the porcelain apperature close at hand. Could have gone a lifetime without seeing that. Nice clear photos not neccesarily professional are quite adequate. 

A tastefully done (recent) selfie is a much better representation of what you actually look like than a professional, photo-shopped Glamour Shot. I personally prefer that an ASP not use the photo-shopped glam shots in their ads since, most of the time, those aren't a very accurate representation of what I'm going to see when I open the door.

I think where a lot of ASPs get into trouble with clients is when the photos aren't very recent and/or just flat out aren't the actual ASP themselves. Glam shots are still better than Fake Pics anyday. 

This is very interesting!!

Thanks for your input! and for the many generous volunteers offering a free photo session with their new iPhone or Android :D:lol:

I agree with most of the opinions.

Good amateur pictures or a mix between amateur and pro. Only pro pics, better not.