New APP allows anyone to rate anyone.

11 posts in this topic

New screening tool for the ladies, perhaps?  From the article:

"The Peeple app will allow anyone to enter you into the system if they have your phone number and can confirm you know the person in one of three categories: Professional, personal or romantic."

Don't like that review you just received?  Have his personal data?  Zowie!  He's now an asshole on Peeple!  And the next lady can find him there for screening purposes.  Of course, so can his wife, but then she already knew he was an asshole.

Yes, there are many legitimate uses, too.  The guy could truly be dangerous, or gross, or....

This brave new world is becoming scarier every day.  I think it's time to settle on a few favs and just ride the circuit.

http://www.msn.com/en-ca/money/technology/when-social-media-goes-wrong-peeple-app-that-lets-anyone-review-you-without-consent-stirs-up-anger/ar-AAf0a0r

No more or less scary than anything else I suppose. It's unfortunate because safe spaces like black listing sites are really few and far between.

New screening tool for the ladies, perhaps?  From the article:

"The Peeple app will allow anyone to enter you into the system if they have your phone number and can confirm you know the person in one of three categories: Professional, personal or romantic."

Don't like that review you just received?  Have his personal data?  Zowie!  He's now an asshole on Peeple!  And the next lady can find him there for screening purposes.  Of course, so can his wife, but then she already knew he was an asshole.

Yes, there are many legitimate uses, too.  The guy could truly be dangerous, or gross, or....

This brave new world is becoming scarier every day.  I think it's time to settle on a few favs and just ride the circuit.

http://www.msn.com/en-ca/money/technology/when-social-media-goes-wrong-peeple-app-that-lets-anyone-review-you-without-consent-stirs-up-anger/ar-AAf0a0r

Not just yet, sir :)

Defamation lawyers everywhere are cheering for the new site!!

Just one more thing for the idiots of the world. You know the kind of people they put directions on shampoo bottle for. Or the ones you are convinced were conceived through anal sex because so much Bullshit comes out of them. I don't put any stock in sites like that.

Laplace, you're a nice guy, I do not think you have anything to worry about.

You know the kind of people they put directions on shampoo bottle for.

LOL.  Exactly!

And yet, I've never followed those instructions.  While I always lather and rinse, I never repeat.

I'm not worried for me, but the whole world is swirling down one big toilet bowl known as "social media."