Grooming

90 posts in this topic

I agree it's up to personal preference, but I've always at least trimmed down there since my former wife brought it up many years ago.  I always enjoyed going down on her more when she was clean shaven or bare...ever since then I've at least trimmed and shaved to make things more enjoyable for the woman I am with.  Over the past couple of years I get a monthly wax (brazilian, butt and abs) and have gotten many compliments from girlfriends that appreciate the effort and when I look back I think I received more oral sex because I keep it so clean and hair free.  Yes, I was very concerned about how much it would hurt the first time I got my "junk" waxed, but the lady I go to was great and if you do it on a regular basis (ever 4 - 6 weeks) it thins the hair and it doesn't hurt.  I keep this routine even if I'm not in a relationship because I do like the look and feel and it just feels better and cleaner all around.   Also, there is the mental aspect for me where I it make me feel more secure knowing that I'm clean and smell good and don't look like a bear down under when it's time to get "frisky"!  Too each their own, but I prefer clean shaven and to be clean shaven (or waxed). 

Also, if waxing isn't your thing, laser hair removal does work too...I've had a few sessions that has thinned the hair out significantly, but it is a bit more expensive.

Waxing your junk has to hurt :eek: lol

Ahhhh much better......shave your boys and your dip stick. :P

You are Hilarious, Great Post

!!

Edited by Charismaticdione

Having a little hair down there actually is somewhat protective from a variety of std's, as continually waxing and shaving leaves a lot of microscopic open wounds on the body. There is a reason we have hair down there, it's not just randomly growing in that area. You may feel cleaner bald, but scientifically that's not necessarily the case.

In any case, I prefer groomed hair. Nothing against those that shave either, whatever makes you happy. Stubble absolutely sucks though....I prefer not to scrape any of my body on that.

No body come yell at me about this, please. It is a bit more than about personal preference in the hobby. It is about cleanliness. Bare skin is easier to clean than hair, why do you think people are shaved before surgery? Hair is a breeding ground, trapping moisture and what nots.

I can see the point of not alerting your SO by suddenly shaving, but you can trim.

A huge bush makes it more difficult to check for lumps, bumps, and lesions.

If you are in a monogamous relationship, grow that shit until you can braid it. Who cares?

Personally, I don't like my teeth flossed during a BJ.

Actually they shave so hair doesn't get in the way. Pubes are very hygienic and for the reasons you listed, the hair traps the funk so your vag doesn't. Shaving and waxing leave nicks and cuts all over that are just begging for bacteria. Pubes on women create a nice buffer, it's not mandatory but it's not without purpose. A good soap, warm water and exfoliation keeps all areas of your skin in good shape with or without hair. 

I wish I could grow a big 70's afro for my bush! I would shape it into different designs  like they do with lawn decorations!

Sadly though I am not blessed with a hairy body. I hardly grow any hair anywhere on my body so I wax her smooth to avoid looking like my kitten is on chemo. 😛😝😘

Edited by Cecilia
Oopsy

... Pubes on women create a nice buffer, it's not mandatory but it's not without purpose. 

Pubes & armpit hair also trap body secreations (sweat, urine, vaginal fluids, etc) which exude pheromones that induce all sorts of things, mating being just one of them. "... not without purpose." indeed!

Waxing your junk has to hurt :eek: lol

Well I guess it does a little, but it's not that bad if the lady waxing you knows what she is doing.  :)

Well I guess it does a little, but it's not that bad if the lady waxing you knows what she is doing.  :)

Your a brave soul lol 

I spend a good amount of time before an appointment making sure I'm well shaved and smooth down below. When I meet a lady who doesn't do the same or at least do a very good job of keeping it well manicured, I assume she's just lazy. 

I spend a good amount of time before an appointment making sure I'm well shaved and smooth down below. When I meet a lady who doesn't do the same or at least do a very good job of keeping it well manicured, I assume she's just lazy. 

Well that's only a little judgmental. I assume all those that shave regularly do it to keep the crabs at bay. I would never assume anyone was lazy because their preference wasn't the same as mine.

There are no rules on pubes.

There are some reconstructed hippies among us who prefer the hirsute ladies. Not lazy, just a preference. 

Never mind, 

Edited by Wannabebad
Decided not to engage

Never mind, 

Best, most decisive and influential post ever!

Many years ago before I shaved my privates, I had one provider tell me my growth down there was so thick that one could make an afro  ( no disrespect to the African-American community). That made me fairly self conscious and ever since I've careful to shave especially when I'm ready to see a provider.

Well that's only a little judgmental. I assume all those that shave regularly do it to keep the crabs at bay. I would never assume anyone was lazy because their preference wasn't the same as mine.

There are no rules on pubes.

the rule is, if you're not lazy, you groom yourself.

the rule is, if you're not lazy, you groom yourself.

Your rule, not mine and not for many. Show me where is this rule written in stone?

Your rule, not mine and not for many. Show me where is this rule written in stone?

if you don't want to keep yourself clean, that's up to you. Don't try to convince the rest of us that it's normal. Yuck!

if you don't want to keep yourself clean, that's up to you. Don't try to convince the rest of us that it's normal. Yuck!

Where does it say that a full bush is unclean?  Soap & water work there just as well as on bare skin.

I would agree that failure to groom is lazy, but grooming is so much more than shaving and does not require shaving.

Pubes being "dirty" is just a myth. It has always been about preference and aesthetic. You question my cleanliness I question you knowledge on hygiene.

Just as I don't care to have bugs land in my teeth when I am riding a motorcycle, It is the same with  hair. So, suffice it to say ," trim those boys"!

Beats coming up for air with pubies stuck between your teeth. Just sayin

'... :lol:

Edited by Jez UaBriain
Grammer

I guess everybody has personal preferences. I prefer men Au Naturel :P

On 10/12/2015, 2:47:29, MOCHA said:

If you want me to lick, kiss, suck and savor your balls.....please wax them or at least trim them somehow. Same kind of applies for the pussy I like in my mouth....trimmed at the hairiest. I don't want to feel like i'm sucking on wet mittens lol.  

Yes, I think this is a good expectation. If you're rocking Sherwood Forest down there, don't expect the Merry Men to get much love.

I'm sort of ambivalent about the attention there (which I know if freakish, but the way Mocha talks about it maybe I'm not be visiting the right people...?)

Nevertheless, I try to keep it fairly tidy.

On 10/21/2015, 8:38:36, abigailfox said:

Having a little hair down there actually is somewhat protective from a variety of std's, as continually waxing and shaving leaves a lot of microscopic open wounds on the body. There is a reason we have hair down there, it's not just randomly growing in that area. You may feel cleaner bald, but scientifically that's not necessarily the case.

In any case, I prefer groomed hair. Nothing against those that shave either, whatever makes you happy. Stubble absolutely sucks though....I prefer not to scrape any of my body on that.

Exactly.

I have avoided shaving because of what Abigail mentions here (this is the second time I've seen this given as a reason & first time from Ember) Anyway, due to #deadbedroom, I don't think there is much chance of it being noticed if I did or even painted like a candy cane...

In terms of "freshness," after washing well all down there (right Ms. Justina!?) I hit it with a little mint shampoo since it is hairy in that neighborhood, yes? (And, no, I don't have mint shampoo just for the Boys. I like how it works and feels on the big head.) After that on days when I have an appointment scheduled, I'll go "commando" with pants that have a loose weave. It may be completely bogus, but I think the extra air flow helps mitigate any staleness plus it makes me feel like the king of the beasts! Okay, so, I apparently do get a bit ocd on my preparation...

It's all about preference. The only thing I know about that region is too keep it clean!

I prefer a man! When I look at shaven bodies or private regions, it makes me think of a pubescent boy. Bring on the man hair! But like me who prefers hair on myself, please keep it trimmed so it's easier to find the treasure in the forest! Fur balls aren't fun, but neither is sleeping with a [Snip} :p.

On 11/22/2015, 1:26:04, Mazie Scott said:

I prefer a man! When I look at shaven bodies or private regions, it makes me think of a pubescent boy. Bring on the man hair! But like me who prefers hair on myself, please keep it trimmed so it's easier to find the treasure in the forest! Fur balls aren't fun, but neither is sleeping with a [Snip} :p.

Thank you for this comment! I'm glad I don't look like a [Snip} down there.

Just a slight tangent: do women like Chippendales, who shave their chest every day?  Is that a hot look?