Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Lucy Kitten

Signatures

10 posts in this topic

What are the rules with signatures? Since I don't put advertising links in my signature can I go back to using my pic of Lucy from The Peanuts? Are there size limits anymore?

What are the rules with signatures? Since I don't put advertising links in my signature can I go back to using my pic of Lucy from The Peanuts? Are there size limits anymore?

We may tweak this as we go along but for now;

•  Note that Providers can & should create a signature line:
    •  Your signature may contain text links to your website, your reviews, and/or a link to your P411 page or similar pages. Contact information such as phone number or E-mail address is also permitted in your signature. No other information that could be considered advertising is permitted in your signature or in posts, and quotes/other text is ONLY permitted if you choose to have no contact info or links in your signature.
    • You may upload your picture to use as your avatar only.

The concept of the signature line is to have something that is carried along from post to post, but to not Overtly draw attention to yourself as advertising.

A Font Size of no more than 12 will be acceptable.

Text only is permitted if no contact info is linked;

BuT for cartoon images no bigger than 37 x 65. I would like to see what that looks light in your Signature Line, we can make a determination at a later date one way or the other. Basically we need to see if the eye is drawn away from the post more so than necessary...

130M.jpg..68 x120

pg2_peanuts_lucy_65.jpg..65 x 90

...index.php?action=dlattach;attach=60;type......37 x 65

Edited by Kaduk

You might also be careful about copyright issues.  I do not believe the Peanuts characters are in the public domain. Sorry 😕

You might also be careful about copyright issues.  I do not believe the Peanuts characters are in the public domain. Sorry 😕

neither are any of the pics that get posted on this site really, it's all without permission

We may tweak this as we go along but for now;

•  Note that Providers can & should create a signature line:
    •  Your signature may contain text links to your website, your reviews, and/or a link to your P411 page or similar pages. Contact information such as phone number or E-mail address is also permitted in your signature. No other information that could be considered advertising is permitted in your signature or in posts, and quotes/other text is ONLY permitted if you choose to have no contact info or links in your signature.
    • You may upload your picture to use as your avatar only.

The concept of the signature line is to have something that is carried along from post to post, but to not Overtly draw attention to yourself as advertising.

A Font Size of no more than 12 will be acceptable.

Text only is permitted if no contact info is linked;

BuT for cartoon images no bigger than 37 x 65. I would like to see what that looks light in your Signature Line, we can make a determination at a later date one way or the other. Basically we need to see if the eye is drawn away from the post more so than necessary...

130M.jpg..68 x120

pg2_peanuts_lucy_65.jpg..65 x 90

...index.php?action=dlattach;attach=60;type......37 x 65

Ok so what about the layout of links then? This only for reference and not calling anyone but I think it's Akilah Rose. She has several links centered and listed on by one and her signature is larger than any reply on the forum. I have noticed that with longer quotes too they don't extend the length making them longer. I would guess this is for mobile reason but they are large and in charge on a desktop.

Ok so what about the layout of links then? This only for reference and not calling anyone but I think it's Akilah Rose. She has several links centered and listed on by one and her signature is larger than any reply on the forum. I have noticed that with longer quotes too they don't extend the length making them longer. I would guess this is for mobile reason but they are large and in charge on a desktop.

I know what you mean;

both Male & Female signature lines should be secondary & not dominate a forum post.

I'd rather see single spacing with no added spacing to elongate a members post to the point the Signature Line takes up three quarters of the page & that's all you see. Minimal use of Bold text could be implemented. 

We have corrected some of the members signature lines to fall into a set standard as we  go along & will continue to do so.... 

On a related note the Signature Line is Not included or shown in the Mobile Version. 

BuT as indicated the Text Editor would be the same for Posts or Signature Line

I know what you mean;

both Male & Female signature lines should be secondary & not dominate a forum post.

I'd rather see single spacing with no added spacing to elongate a members post to the point the Signature Line takes up three quarters of the page & that's all you see. Minimal use of Bold text could be implemented. 

We have corrected some of the members signature lines to fall into a set standard as we  go along & will continue to do so.... 

On a related note the Signature Line is Not included or shown in the Mobile Version. 

Update; This message has been sent out to a few members

"Signature lines will need to be kept to a 12 point or less size, with no additional spacing, to keep in step with a Standard, both for Male & Female members......

Your Signature line has been re-sized to meet the 12 point limits".

On September 26, 2015 at 7:39 PM, Lucy Kitten said:

I only have my website in my signature, I did have my snapchat on there before rules were changed! And my font is at 12pt, so idk how my signature is large!? Maybe it shows up different on your phone... Cause I haven't received any warnings about my signature ;)

30 minutes ago, AkilahRose said:

I only have my website in my signature, I did have my snapchat on there before rules were changed! And my font is at 12pt, so idk how my signature is large!? Maybe it shows up different on your phone... Cause I haven't received any warnings about my signature ;)

That was an older post and maybe you have changed it since then. I was only using you as an example of the size of signatures not picking on you personally.

6 hours ago, Lucy Kitten said:

That was an older post and maybe you have changed it since then. I was only using you as an example of the size of signatures not picking on you personally.

Oh okay... i usually just copy and paste my signatures from the other sites I use