Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Crazy Horse

It's not shilling...if...

8 posts in this topic

...it's in response to a specific request for information. That's always been the rule here on TOB and I haven't seen anything yet from the new owners that this policy has changed.

So here is my specific request for information: Please post mjk_79's FBSM list v.3.0 here on the board for all to use. The number of people asking to have the list sent to them is becoming embarrassingly long. Just post it here and get it over with.

I doubt that there's any sort of obscure fetish that doesn't have more than a few practitioners. That's why I've always objected to requests for info that ask for that info to be PM'd to them. If even one person finds the info you have to be useful others will as well. The board is here to share information...use it for such.

Along similar lines my PM box is 82% full yet I see no obvious way of deleting old PMs. It complicates things when someone get's flooded by requests for info that fills up their PM page. Just post it here and simplify everything for those both asking for and providing info that many want to use.

...Happy Hobbying...

...Crazy Horse...

Maybe it is possible to upload it into the About Me section of the author's profile?

My problem with CH's request is that I would guess that many, if not most, of the individuals are UTR. As such the information should be sent via PMs, not posted on the board. 

...Along similar lines my PM box is 82% full yet I see no obvious way of deleting old PMs. 

Open an individual PM. On the top right is a box labelled "message". Click on that. One option is "leave conversation". That deletes the message. I learned that by clicking around. Have fun!

So here is my specific request for information: Please post mjk_79's FBSM list v.3.0 here on the board for all to use. The number of people asking to have the list sent to them is becoming embarrassingly long. Just post it here and get it over with..

...Happy Hobbying...

...Crazy Horse...

My problem with CH's request is that I would guess that many, if not most, of the individuals are UTR. As such the information should be sent via PMs, not posted on the board. 

Dissemination of this list should be met by individual merit (a case by case basis).   mjk_79's created the list & can manage the list through PM's....

THANK YOU...I had seen that "leave conversation" but I thought it was there to close the message box. I had no idea it was being used synonymously with "delete message". Is it too late to get some people that speak American/English to work on this project.:angry:

...Happy Hobbying...

...Crazy Horse...

DELETE A MESSAGE(CONVERSATION): In this Forum they call it a CONVERSATION. When you are reading a Conversation click the MESSAGE box in the upper right hand select LEAVE CONVERSATION, that will delete that Conversation.

http://theotherboard.com/forum/index.php?/topic/35052-a-few-how-tos/

Perhaps you have a problem reading/understanding American/English...? 💩

THANK YOU...I had seen that "leave conversation" but I thought it was there to close the message box. I had no idea it was being used synonymously with "delete message". Is it too late to get some people that speak American/English to work on this project.:angry:

...Happy Hobbying...

...Crazy Horse...

While it's true that the delete procedure was in the instructions, in this day and age, the phrase "delete message" should be readily available. An obscure alternative is nonsensical. 

Open an individual PM. On the top right is a box labelled "message". Click on that. One option is "leave conversation". That deletes the message. I learned that by clicking around. Have fun!

Thanks, I was wondering also!