TheWhisperer

A FEW FORUM HOW TO's ;)

1 post in this topic

Here are a Few How To's, we hope this will assist you in finding your way around the forum:)

NAVIGATION: By clicking your name in the upper right hand corner you will see the following headings LISTINGS, FORUM, SETTINGS. The LISTINGS heading will allow you to manage the Listings and Reviews area of the site, Gentlemen and Ladies have different links in this area. Please note that on mobile devices you will see 3 horizontal lines refereed to as the hamburger, click on that to display the link menu below.

Gentlemen Navigation Menu:

Favorites
Share References,
TOB References Permission
Add Personal Reference
Billing
Forum Stats
Messages*
My Activity*
Manage Followed Content
My Attachments
Account Settings
Edit*
Ignored Users
Notification Settings*

Click on the "Account Settings" link to view the "*" items on mobile

Ladies Navigation Menu:

Post New Listing
Manage Auto Posts
My Listings
Billing
Forum Stats
Messages*
My Activity*
Manage Followed Content
My Attachments
Account Settings
Edit*
Ignored Users
Notification Settings*

Click on the "Account Settings" link to view the "*" items on mobile.

NOTIFICATIONS: In the upper right you have a Notification icon that lets you know, for example, if a member replied to one of your threads or quoted you. You can view in the window or click to expand the area.

MESSAGES: The Message icon alerts you when you have unread messages. You can view them in the window or click to expand the area. We have increased the messages box to 200

COMPOSE/SENDING MESSAGE: You can locate the user you want to send a message to and hover over their name, a window will appear and you can click the Send Message which will take you to the form to complete the message. On mobile you must click their name and on their Forum Profile is a message box, click that to create/send the message. Additionally, in the upper right of the Message window in a COMPOSE NEW button, click that and you are taking to the form to compose a message. You can then type in a member name and the form will give you member names based on the letters you enter.

DELETE A MESSAGE(s)(CONVERSATION): In this Forum software they call it a CONVERSATION. When you are reading a Conversation click the DELETE MESSAGE link in the upper right above the message box. You can also DELETE multiple messages by checking the box next to the messages you want to DELETE and then at the bottom of the screen click the Trash icon that appears.

FORUM STATS: Click your name in the upper right hand corner select FORUM STATS. Your Forum Stats page is somewhat set up like Facebook with an Activity Feed, Status Feed, Community Reputation, Warning Points, Followers and information about yourself.

COVER PHOTO: Click your name in the upper right hand corner select Forum Stats in the upper right corner of the box below your name click COVER PHOTO (there is a size restriction of 500kb)

AVATAR: Click your name in the upper right hand corner select Forum Stats then on the next page in the lower left corner of the box below your name click the white or black box to change the avatar (there is a size restriction of 500kb)

COMMUNITY REPUTATION: This is based on other Members voting your posts up or down.

WARNING POINTS: These are issued by Moderators when a rule or spirit of the rule is violated. Please be aware that we have made a change in the Site Rules, so please become familiar with them https://theotherboard.com/rules