Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Buying your girlfriend a "thingy."

24 posts in this topic

I have a friend of the female persuasion who is outside of the hobby.  We've been together a few times (hey, you back there, shut up! You think I can't meet girls?) and during one of our dates she joked that she'd worn out 3 vibrators.

She has a birthday coming up.  I'm thinking of getting her something.  Something that she'll love and use. And something that ISN'T a several thousand dollar Sybian.

What "devices" do the ladies here suggest?  History to date indicates that she tends to be more clitorally responsive rather than vaginally, but my experience in this matter is limited to the few times we've been together, and the fact that I'm a guy.  

I would appreciate any and all feedback. Anything from basic vibrators to some of the new devices that bite a bit.

Ladies: what do you like and use?

Wouldn't a bouquet of roses and dinner out be slightly more romantic?

I just bought and then broke the Jimmy Jane Iconic Wand. Before I broke it it was amazing!! It was a $125 or you can but the cordless hitachi for $175.I am clit only too and tend to go for cheaper toys because I also have a tendency to burn them out, you could always buy a stockpile of the bestest and cheapest toy ever. I call it egg stick and there are lots of manufacturers and can be had for like $8 on amazon.

You could, depending on the dynamic of the relationship, book a room at the Mon Chalet and have a sex filled bday.

It is not the size of the toy, but the power.(I am all about the clitoral stimulation) Anything with batteries just won't do it for me anymore. I find I get the power I want from plug in massagers. I am more likely to find the vibration I want at a Brookstone store, not an adult store. I am waiting for them to make one that plugs into a 220v. Make the vibration like one from a classic Chevy, vroom!

I recently was introduced to the Zeus Twilight Violet Wand Kit - 110V. This was interesting. It is literally an electrical stream that comes out the end. It for sure got the blood supply going to the area and things very aroused, but no finish for me.

I did like paddle attachment. If you placed it on your hip, then you became electrical. Shooting out electricity from your mouth and fingertips, that was very cool. Such a trip. If the voltage got turned too high, watch out. The shock is hard core. It also stimulates the laughter button at the higher voltage.

The O's right after the shocks were amazing. Your entire body is tingling for hours.

Extra bonus, it also fixed my arrhythmia ;)

610IYfUFBcL._SL1332_[1]-001.jpg

I'm with Lucy and Kashmir on this. :wub:

My big investment toy is Lelo brand. If they come with a Warranty make sure you fill it out!!!! 

And I agree 100% with Lucy about the cheap ones too. When I was over seas I loved the little bullets. They were less than $20 and lasted about 2 months. It was easy to have my bestie ship me a few new ones while I was there. 

Also, you could make it a *date* and take her shopping. That way you can have fun picking out a few things and play while it charges! (assuming it is rechargeable) 

Whatever you get, make sure it's the right girth and that it has a curve on the end! 

My big investment toy is Lelo brand. If they come with a Warranty make sure you fill it out!!!! 

And I agree 100% with Lucy about the cheap ones too. When I was over seas I loved the little bullets. They were less than $20 and lasted about 2 months. It was easy to have my bestie ship me a few new ones while I was there. 

Also, you could make it a *date* and take her shopping. That way you can have fun picking out a few things and play while it charges! (assuming it is rechargeable) 

I take mine over seas to, and on my carry on. I get excited on long plane flights. You just have to make sure they are under 7 inches or TSA considers it a weapon! This is a fact.

I would not want someone I am dating to buy me a vibrator for my birthday. Seriously? If I'm into you, I can get off way easier than that. I mean, you can suck my nipples and I'll come. For fucks sake, take the girl out to do something she enjoys. Now if you are going to be overseas for a while and need a substitute, yeah I get it. My guess is you will be right here in Colorado though...I suppose romance truly is dead. I mean, for her birthday? Come on now, you can do better than that. Just being honest. Maybe if you do something in addition to the vibe, like cook her a good meal, seduce her, and then bring the vibe into play it may pass....otherwise no. Just my opinion. 

I am with the other ladies on this one. Get a plug in. Besides it is fun to watch your neighbors freak out over brown outs....LOL!  Before I bout a plug in I would go through batteries or the damn thing would die. Nothing more frustrating than getting on the verge of orgasm and then have your little buddy suddenly go out.

I agree on the matter of one thing. I would take her shopping for one, OR better yet, get a gift card for the store and then take her there!!!!! Bring her flowers( not necessarily roses) and take her out to dinner and then tell her you wanted to get her one but want her to pick it out. Unless of course you guys are just casual fuck buddies then ditch the flowers and dinner. I do not know the dynamic of your relationship. If you have gone out before to dinner a movie etc, then dinner and flowers are appropriate. If not, it may not be.

I agree with Melissa. A perfect birthday would be dinner, dancing , and a new toy! Nothing says luvin like mechanical rubbin.

If my lover of choice took me dancing, and then presented me with a box. Inside is a new strap-on, and he bends over...

I would be like, "It is my birthday!!!!!"

5bf16b2c513481bcf7c8b1cecff35596[1].jpg

It is not the size of the toy, but the power.(I am all about the clitoral stimulation) Anything with batteries just won't do it for me anymore. I find I get the power I want from plug in massagers. I am more likely to find the vibration I want at a Brookstone store, not an adult store. I am waiting for them to make one that plugs into a 220v. Make the vibration like one from a classic Chevy, vroom!

I recently was introduced to the Zeus Twilight Violet Wand Kit - 110V. This was interesting. It is literally an electrical stream that comes out the end. It for sure got the blood supply going to the area and things very aroused, but no finish for me.

I did like paddle attachment. If you placed it on your hip, then you became electrical. Shooting out electricity from your mouth and fingertips, that was very cool. Such a trip. If the voltage got turned too high, watch out. The shock is hard core. It also stimulates the laughter button at the higher voltage.

The O's right after the shocks were amazing. Your entire body is tingling for hours.

I am jelly of the Violet Wand, that has been on my wish list for ages! After I broke the sex toy massager I am definitely think an not sex toy would do me better.

Cheap toys FTW Justina, it's extra frustrating when you're really expensive toys shit out.

If you truly will appreciate any and all feedback, may I suggest virtually any plan that does not include a vibrator as a birthday present. 

610IYfUFBcL._SL1332_[1]-001.jpg

LMAO!

How about an electric Chain saw?

Of course I'm kidding!

You go girl!!!!!!!!

I take mine over seas to, and on my carry on. I get excited on long plane flights. You just have to make sure they are under 7 inches or TSA considers it a weapon! This is a fact.

Here is an absolutely true story. I was working at an entry checkpoint with an xray machine, checking in visitors. A female visitor, an attractive, 40ish, professionally dressed woman approached the checkpoint and placed her handbag, and computer bag on the conveyer belt. As the bags passed through the xray machine, the person viewing the items, stopped the belt and pointed out a large cylindical object in one of the bags. It appeared to be about 6 or 7 inches long, with what appeared to be two large batteries inside. I told the person to restart the belt and pull the item aside for further inspection when it exited the machine. After advising the visitor he was going to inspect the contents of the bag further, he began searching inside. A few moments later, he pulled out what was obviously a vibrator, bright pink in color, and held it up in full view of all the other visitors. I told him to put it back inside, and let the woman retrieve her bags. The female visitor turned 50 shades of red, grabbed her bags and walked off quickly. No one at the entry checkpoint said a word, but you could see others whispering to each other as they walked away after screening.  I often wondered if this was a common occurance with her or other female visitors. I never found another one in my days of working there, but this is one I never could forget!

Yes it happens all the time bd5671 . Here is how to reduce your chances of having you carry-on searched when packing vibrators.

To by-pass the 7 inch rule, unscrew the base. Put the vibrator portions in a zip lock bag and the end pieces in another zip lock bag. Batteries need to come out. Keep all 3 components in separate areas of your carry-on.  TSA doesn't even bat a lash if you do this. You can not take gel vibrators or ones with metal balls.  They will be confiscated.

Also, check the country you are travelling to, some forbid sexual toys.

I took 4 to Puerto Rico with me! :)

Yes it happens all the time bd5671 . Here is how to reduce your chances of having you carry-on searched when packing vibrators.

To by-pass the 7 inch rule, unscrew the base. Put the vibrator portions in a zip lock bag and the end pieces in another zip lock bag. Batteries need to come out. Keep all 3 components in separate areas of your carry-on.  TSA doesn't even bat a lash if you do this. You can not take gel vibrators or ones with metal balls.  They will be confiscated.

I took 4 to Puerto Rico with me! :)

I cant even imagine what you would be like for a travel partner (  although it would be fun to find out )

As does the state of Alabama unless something has changed.  Not that I can think of any reason to go there, but ..........

I always believed the best use of toys was together and on each other.  That said I don't know whether to be disturbed, intrigued or excited by your description, but damn, lady, you sound like one hell of an adventure!! :)  And I'm thinking a good one.  If one survives. LOL

During "post coital bliss", mention that you're perplexed as to what to give her for her birthday.

Casually remind her that she told your about her vibrator problem.

Offer to take her to an adult store so she can pick one out that fits her needs.

Within your budgetary constraints of course.

Just remember.... Go to a store where they won't greet you by name when you walk in the door.

I will be travelling next month and wanted to be prepared. I acquired 2 new toys, both special in their each way :)

I was apprehensive the "Womanizer" would work. It is so soft. I was wrong! It works very well.

Then the sales men at the store shows me the "Sensuelle Point". Again, not thinking it would work. He turns it on and HOLLA! Melissa Sterling this one has a stronger vibe than a plug in.

They both USB charge and are travel size. Both are at May Bee.

Then I get a gift. A very special lube. You can read about it below. It is also worth the investment. Yep, I am having fun this week.

https://nu-sales.com/?product=sensuelle-point-rechargeable-bullet--purple

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/meet-the-only-womanizer-to-have-women-orgasm-in-60-seconds-or-less-300144722.html

http://foriapleasure.com/

I agree with Melissa. A perfect birthday would be dinner, dancing , and a new toy! Nothing says luvin like mechanical rubbin.

If my lover of choice took me dancing, and then presented me with a box. Inside is a new strap-on, and he bends over...

I would be like, "It is my birthday!!!!!"

Wow, that is a huge turn on...that would be great for my birthday too to take you out to dinner and dancing and give you a strapon to use!  (I'm looking for a box now.)  ;-)

So, back on topic.  If you know her well enough why not, I've bought girlfriends toys before...and gone shopping with them so they could pick one out, my only stipulation was that I could use it on them occasionally too!