Crazy Horse

It's a much better looking ad board...thank you...

19 posts in this topic

Got to be careful though TheWhisperer as you don't want to be accused of buckling under to us "whiners". While on the surface including photos in the title line looked like a good idea implementation proved to be a bitch. Now it's much cleaner and you have a better over view of the ladies on that page. I would have gotten rid of the photos to. They pics were practically worthless anyway and herding cats would have been easier than educating dozens of providers that they had to use properly sized photos to keep them from being distorted.

...Happy Hobbying...

...Crazy Horse...

I concur - the AD board looks much better.  The list form, which reduces real estate, is more user friendly.

Thanks.

You two are some of the biggest "whiners" there are. Great that you whined your way into a new format for ads. Did you know that a lot of us still can't even get in to post ads that we pay sixty-five bucks a month for? So happy that you can view it better too bad that there won't be any new ads to peruse until the other bugs get fixed.

Most of us have not even had a chance to post our own ads and see how they work, resize pics etc.. Can't really vouch whether or not it's actually user friends because those that have to actually use it can't.

You two are some of the biggest "whiners" there are. Great that you whined your way into a new format for ads. Did you know that a lot of us still can't even get in to post ads that we pay sixty-five bucks a month for? ...

Luce, I agree with you - a functionality bug should have greater priority than a cosmetic issue.  I was often frustrated when management insisted that a spelling error on an input form took precedence over functionality bugs, sometimes to the point of an emergency release which could set our development cycle back as much as a week.

But perhaps changing the layout of the ad board turned out to be an easy fix (despite The Whisperer's earlier comments).  While your access problems proved to be a more difficult problem.  Maybe it's something as simple as the individual responsible for that portion of the project didn't work on Sunday, or didn't have access to resources required for a solution.  You might also consider the utility of placing an ad when your customers aren't looking at the ad board because they have their own access issues.

I stress may because I do not know the composition of the implementation team, nor am I familiar with their development platform.  These speculations are based on my experience with comparable projects.

I have considered all the options thanks for the "mansplaination" though. I am not bitching just again trying to remind you all it's pointless to complain. The bug will get fixed and the site will be what the owner intended it to be and then you can shit or get off the pot.

Got to be careful though TheWhisperer as you don't want to be accused of buckling under to us "whiners". While on the surface including photos in the title line looked like a good idea implementation proved to be a bitch. Now it's much cleaner and you have a better over view of the ladies on that page. I would have gotten rid of the photos to. They pics were practically worthless anyway and herding cats would have been easier than educating dozens of providers that they had to use properly sized photos to keep them from being distorted.

...Happy Hobbying...

...Crazy Horse...

Well fudge, does anyone know what size our pics should be so we don't look like we are in the funhouse mirror? I could probably figure it out, but just being lazy...

Well fudge, does anyone know what size our pics should be so we don't look like we are in the funhouse mirror? I could probably figure it out, but just being lazy...

They're still working out some of the bugs on that.  I just checked out the ad board on my PC using Internet Explorer 11 and Firefox, and all of the pictures are displaying normally in both of those browsers:  thumbnail, gallery preview and full-size gallery photos.

Opera, Safari, Chrome and my Android all showed normal thumbnail photos and normal gallery full-size pictures but the gallery preview pictures are still stretched.  I don't own any apple products or a tablet, so I can't speak to those devices.

It's taking time as they work through things, but improvements are being made as TheWhisperer(s) hack away at the bug list.

we have noted this issue on some phone browsers as well the iPad . we are working through these issues and apologize for any trouble this is causing you

I have considered all the options thanks for the "mansplaination" though. I am not bitching just again trying to remind you all it's pointless to complain. The bug will get fixed and the site will be what the owner intended it to be and then you can shit or get off the pot.

Luce the fix that support discussed with you, is that still working for you?

Luce, I agree with you - a functionality bug should have greater priority than a cosmetic issue.  I was often frustrated when management insisted that a spelling error on an input form took precedence over functionality bugs, sometimes to the point of an emergency release which could set our development cycle back as much as a week.

But perhaps changing the layout of the ad board turned out to be an easy fix (despite The Whisperer's earlier comments).  While your access problems proved to be a more difficult problem.  Maybe it's something as simple as the individual responsible for that portion of the project didn't work on Sunday, or didn't have access to resources required for a solution.  You might also consider the utility of placing an ad when your customers aren't looking at the ad board because they have their own access issues.

I stress may because I do not know the composition of the implementation team, nor am I familiar with their development platform.  These speculations are based on my experience with comparable projects.

it is up to Luce to share what her issue was and fix was. We have been working on this everyday, the providers are our top priority . The list fix was not a simple change, but it was clear that members had issues with it which Would negatively impact the providers and thus was moved to the top of the list.

as an FYI there are a few members on here that have helped out in a huge way. these members deserve All the credit! We thank you for your assistance and support....

it is up to Luce to share what her issue was and fix was. We have been working on this everyday, the providers are our top priority . The list fix was not a simple change, but it was clear that members had issues with it which Would negatively impact the providers and thus was moved to the top of the list.

as an FYI there are a few members on here that have helped out in a huge way. these members deserve All the credit! We thank you for your assistance and support....

FYI Whisperer none of this was a complaint. You guys have been awesome. Just trying to discourage the whining :)

Now that's the spirit!!  Whining and complaining does not advance the ball down the field, being part of the team AND the solution does advance the ball.  In the big picture, the few users that do walk away will not effect TOB in the long term.  I believe the improvements will at the end of the day result in a net gain and a better overall experience for all.  We just have to get over the hump just like we would have to with any change.  This is a massive change and sure, hindsight is - well you know - but good team work achieves more then expected.  2+2=5

Huge thanks to the members that are assisting and the Whisper(s)!!

FYI Whisperer none of this was a complaint. You guys have been awesome. Just trying to discourage the whining :)

I did not think you were making a complaint .. We take these issues very seriously and are working hard to resolve them

While we are all getting used to the new format, I've noticed that the ladies ads are very minimal.  Is that intentional? 

Under the old format, the ladies used to be able to post quite a bit of information and special statements, etc.  Under this new format, I don't see any of that.

While we are all getting used to the new format, I've noticed that the ladies ads are very minimal.  Is that intentional? 

Under the old format, the ladies used to be able to post quite a bit of information and special statements, etc.  Under this new format, I don't see any of that.

You have the option as always to Click on

• the Provider Profile
    • shows Stats:
      Measurements:
      Hair Color:
      Tattoos:
      Piercings:
      Body Type:
      Ethnicity:
      Eyes color:
      Grooming:
      Smoker yes or No:

• the providers TOB daily Ad and/or click on the My Ad link within the Provider Profile
    • Ad Icons (Hover over any of the following)
      • Ad Info10401983_841720422539509_630593330604684
      • Galleryc840a6_24b2285d9ae445798bc26a9bb83170ee.
      • Reviews catalog.png
      • Provider InfoInfo-button.png

Looks like one can garner quite a bit of info by clicking on their Icon Items

Edited by Kaduk

Well there you go.  I learned something new on how to navigate and find information I thought was no longer available.  By clicking on the "eye" icon I can find the ad info that was sorta in your face on the old format.

There is still a lot of learning to do with the new format to find things.

We just have to ask and those in the know will reply.

Thank you Kaduk for the information.

A problem with the new GUI is that there are a lot of "clickable" fields which do not appear to be clickable.  They look like ordinary text until either someone in the know clues us in or we stumble across them.

Danielle, I hope things pick up for you.

It took me until today to figure out the instructions Kaduk posted below.

A whole new area became available that I thought was missing.

Perhaps the admins and mods forgot that the new site would have a very large user PEBCAC problem.

(Problem exists between chair and computer)

The post below deserves wider distribution.

Johnboy#1

• the Provider Profile
    • shows Stats:
      Measurements:
      Hair Color:
      Tattoos:
      Piercings:
      Body Type:
      Ethnicity:
      Eyes color:
      Grooming:
      Smoker yes or No:

• the providers TOB daily Ad and/or click on the My Ad link within the Provider Profile
      • Ad Infoimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcQIrUIv80wBqzpiV5o4y_a
      • Galleryimages.png
      • Reviews icon_l.png
      • Provider Infoinfo.jpg

Danielle, I hope things pick up for you.

It took me until today to figure out the instructions Kaduk posted below.

A whole new area became available that I thought was missing.

Perhaps the admins and mods forgot that the new site would have a very large user PEBCAC problem.

(Problem exists between chair and computer)

The post below deserves wider distribution.

Johnboy#1

• the Provider Profile
    • shows Stats:
      Measurements:
      Hair Color:
      Tattoos:
      Piercings:
      Body Type:
      Ethnicity:
      Eyes color:
      Grooming:
      Smoker yes or No:

• Ad Infoimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcQIrUIv80wBqzpiV5o4y_a
      • Galleryimages.png
      • Reviews icon_l.png
      • Provider Infoinfo.jpg

we have opened up a suggestions and recommendations area please post in that thread:) There is a Help button that has this information in it. However, we are working on tool tips and a way to convey instructions at areas where users are having difficulty. In addition, we are working to improve the over all user experience and apologize for any confusion users are having. We appreciate your feedback.