Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MrFister

Ad section critique

9 posts in this topic

Outside of the lack of a "quick scan" view, I'm liking the new advertising section. It was nice on the old EB site to have a quick overview of who was available - any chance of something similar with the new software?

Pro: reviews accessible directly from the ad, thumbnail pics that can be expanded, vital statistics

Con: poor choice of text color on any item expansion (reviews, stats) - at least on my desktop, thumbnail pics (restricts the use of more creative layout on the ads), default city seems to be Miami if you go to the ads after logging in, no search by provider name

We are looking into the Miami issue.

You can search by provider name. It is the 3 option on the form:) However, it does not appear to be worker.. we will address this.. thanks

I like the preview photo available in the ad list when viewing on my PC.  I am not a fan of the mobile view - a consolidated "list only" view as a default for mobile devices would be beneficial, I feel.

I am still used to the old format where I could quickly scan who had an ad up without running through pages of material.

I would request that view options be made available:  the ability to make preview pictures invisible and/or increase the number of viewable results beyond the 15 currently allowed.  Since we now apparently have the option to log into the Ad Board, could these be preferences saved in our profiles?  Would it be easier to set up a button for "List Only" mode on the ad page itself?

Some of the preview pictures look like they have multiple pictures stacked atop one another, not a big deal but it's a little bit distracting.  Cases in point:  Coral at 5:50 PM 8/22 and Ameera at 3:33PM 8/22 (date/time from ad).  Not sure if this is the Ad Board doing this, or if it's something in the individual ad.

In sum:  Preview photos are nice when viewing on the PC but a big hassle on a phone.  I have a strong dislike for the current format limiting the view to 15 results on either device.

Still the best resource for finding some Awesome in Denver, though.

There is a photo glitch in IE that layers the photos for some reason

Doing a list view would be a major change. So we can't offer that right now, sorry.

As for total numbers on the page we may be able to incorporate that later, it would be best to come up with a consensus now with regard to a number. There are load issues, due to the fact that all the images need to load. On a computer it is not a big deal, but on a phone there can be issues. 15 ads x5 images at an average size of X means that you can load 5-10mb of info and users don't like to wait;)

Ah, thank you for explaining the photo issue in IE.  OCD sated.

<sarcasm>  No immediate changes just for me!!??</sarcasm>

I understand that the list view would be a major change, I hope it is something that might be considered long-term for the ad board.  I'm sure other people will chime in with their preferences, perhaps I'll be out-voted.

I had not fully considered the data issue associated with loading more ad results on a mobile phone, I didn't understand that all of the photos for each ad were being uploaded.  The 15 ad limit makes perfect sense in that regard, thank you for clarifying that for me.

I like the new ad page in general, especially the thumbs.

Con:  can we get more ads to show up on a single page?

Doing a list view would be a major change. So we can't offer that right now, sorry.

Wow, ask and you shall receive!

I just perused the Ad Board in List format!  Clicking on the lady's name brings you to her profile (contact info, stats, photos, reviews) and clicking on the ad title takes you to the ad as it would appear in what they're calling Card format (single photo, ad title, tabs at the bottom of the pane to:  her ad, profile, reviews, photos).

It's much easier to view the list on my phone, and navigating from one page to another is pretty quick - even with only two bars of service where I am right now.  I like it.

Thank you, TOB Admin.