Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
nevik63

Why I'll never sign up for P411

12 posts in this topic

Your argument is pointless but you are entitled to it...

Your info can be hacked anywhere at any time. I had my entire bank account wiped out in 2010 and someone went on a shopping spree in South Africa.

An old roommate of mine had her mail stolen and therefore because a victim of Identity theft in 2003.

...I could go on with my list of people I know who've been hacked...

Look at all the recent news speculating China's skills and whatnots.

I believe the chances of you having your info stolen by swiping your credit card somewhere is greater than using P411. Nothing is 100% fool proof safe.

Great. I'll get spam in my hobby email and crank calls on the hobby phone that sits turned off in my desk. Yeah. How will I ever sleep at night?

Justina, that is a very poor rationale.

There's a big difference between having your credit card number or other ID information stolen and having information about private and potentially illegal activities stolen and posted online.

ID theft and credit card fraud create a lot of headaches and some financial stress.

Personal information associating one with illicit or illegal sexual activities ruin marriages, careers, and lives.

A client need not give P411 any significant real life information if he has two solid provider references, and P411 offers completely anonymous payment options including money order and cash.

If a client needs to be verified via employment information, those details can be given over the phone and verified, then shredded once the process is complete.

For those who have given employment information online, that information is deleted and destroyed once the account is approved. There is no reason to hold onto that information past the initial screening process.

Also, there are NO automatically recurring renewals on P411, which means credit card information in not saved if you choose to pay with credit card. You have to enter it manually, each time you wish to make a credit card payment.

Unfortunately, there is no way to completely eliminate the risk of a hack. However, it is possible to limit the amount of damage that could be done with a hack. A bunch of client ids and hobby emails won't be particularly interesting if it comes down to it, anything over and above that is 100% in the client's control and there would be no reason to include real life, identifying information.

As a side note, who's to say that P411 doesn't enter random, well-established and well known public figures and business people into the database just for shits and giggles. You never know who might be in there.... ;)

As a side note, who's to say that P411 doesn't enter random, well-established and well known public figures and business people into the database just for shits and giggles. You never know who might be in there.... ;)

Lol! Clever girl!

If I pay extra, can I get some politicians names on there that I especially hate?!?

...Personal information associating one with illicit or illegal sexual activities ruin marriages, careers, and lives.
So can leaving your hobby phone out in plain site or having someone find a hidden one, having your hobby email account open on a public computer, running into a family member at a providers hotel incall etc.

To the OP, we all know or should know the risks we play with in hobbyland. All one can do is minimize the risks one can if one wants to continue to play. As a few providers have posted in the past, even well-reviewed ladies can flip on you! :eek:

If I pay extra, can I get some politicians names on there that I especially hate?!?

Oh, they are ALL in there.... hehe ;)

Completely agree A-rod, and BigBaldBlk being in the IT industry it is a risk I am unwilling to take. I have seen too many scary things over the last 25 years...

There's a big difference between having your credit card number or other ID information stolen and having information about private and potentially illegal activities stolen and posted online.

ID theft and credit card fraud create a lot of headaches and some financial stress.

Personal information associating one with illicit or illegal sexual activities ruin marriages, careers, and lives.

GREAT point. However, if you get approved with the two references (as the mod said) and send a money order and/or cash, you would be fine in the event of a hack. I can't fathom giving my credit card to any facet of this hobby, whether AMP or otherwise. Not a chance.

I Gave P411 the same information I give any provider.

Hobby name.

Hobby phone.

Hobby email.

Two references.

Nothing more.

I Gave P411 the same information I give any provider.

Hobby name.

Hobby phone.

Hobby email.

Two references.

Nothing more.

^^^^This^^^^ and ^^^^This^^^^

To the OP, you sound like a provider who is against p411. I have my reasons why I think this and mention it on the form. Perhaps I'm wrong. I recommend p411 to all johns.