Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
lavventura

Do AMPs offer good, relaxing regular massages for just $40 an hour?

8 posts in this topic

I was thinking about getting a normal, relaxing massage this weekend and I've noticed that AMPs offer massages like $40-45 an hour, which is less than half what I pay for a nice Swedish massage in town. Are these massages decent and relaxing, or do they just unenthusiastically rub their hands on your back for an hour?

Any recommendations for a good place in Denver proper? I live Downtown and try not to travel too far. I see Diamond Spa on Stout but the reviews are terrible.

IMHO AMP massages are generally worthless for therapeutic value, but I am a deep-tissue guy.

The Chinese foot massage places (several around Federal and Alameda) charge around $25/hour and massage your back, neck, face, arms, chest, as well as your feet. I don't know why they even call it a foot-massage.These places are legit and normally have one large room with several massage chairs.

I think there are a LOT of AMPs that offer good massages, absolutely, for $40 - $45. Most AMPs are totally legit, and I'm not being coy. I believe that. By "most" I mean more than 50%.

I think there are a LOT of AMPs that offer good massages, absolutely, for $40 - $45. Most AMPs are totally legit, and I'm not being coy. I believe that. By "most" I mean more than 50%.

I agree with you. I have gotten into Asian massages lately. I have had very good massages for $45-50 from 5 different AMPs along S. Colorado north of I-25. The ladies ask how firm I want my massage: soft, medium, or hard and do accordingly. Some offer a table shower as well which is nice. I will send a PM to the op with more details of the AMPs I have visited around town.

I've had them ittie bittie lil ladies work and walk all over my back but it just doesn't hack it for me. I'm glad you guys find what you like though. :)

Thats akin to asking if the $2.99 buffet offers really good prime rib. It serves a purpose. Really good? Probably not. The amps i e been to offer anywhere from god awful to "well that was almost something" massages....but we all know thats not why you go.

My opinion FWIW

Korean massage (mostly advertise on BP) places usually have little therapeutic value, but can be quite relaxing. Every once in a while you get a decent massage.

Chinese massage (usually advertise on CL) massage has been much better.

Foot Massage Places - you get a very good massage (clothes on) from a male or female and the cost is relatively low.

I think it can vary greatly, while most are of little therapeutic value, they are of a relaxing value depending on the provider. There are some places where the massages are better than others, and some where I've had to call my chiropractor afterwards to schedule a visit. One place in CC had a lady who was a former L.M.T., she knew what she was doing, in fact when I laid down on the table, as she started to massage me, she commented on what she was feeling in my spine, the same things my chiro. would comment on, obviously she had some skills. The massage was top notch, and I left feeling like a new man. My one rule though, no walking on the back.