Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

A Cautionary Tale

19 posts in this topic

Revenge is a dish best served cold Old Klingon Proverb

A lot of guys consider themselves "players." Many play the dating site game along with seeing professional providers. There have been threads here on this topic. This happened here in the Denver area. Hell, the "victim" may even be one of our own. I don't know. The point of this post is not to raise ethical discussions on anyone's behavior. The point is:

How is your personal security?

I have a coworker who is also a friend. He does not know of my "other life."

His wife started having unexplained or poorly explained periods of time away from the house.

He noticed. Poked around on Ashley Madison. Found her profile. He was devastated.

He installed MSpy software on her phone and her laptop. (Google it) He had access to every phone text, email, and website she visited. He got her AM password, and got contact info and PMs on every guy she was seeing. One guy in particular had a very revealing profile. Turns out that guy was married, too. He waited, watched, and said nothing. Except to his lawyer.

Yesterday, he

1) Served his wife divorce papers.

2) Filed a motion for sole custody.

3) Sent by courier two packets of printed documentation on everything he had found on the guy his wife had met on AM. One to the guy's wife. One to the guy's boss.

A word of warning to the wise is sufficient.

Edited by Kaduk
Forbidden topic...

Well,..wasn't that interesting! Nothing like a little drama to keep life exciting!

WOW. All this time I thought my wife was doing volunteer work, but I could be wrong. But in a sense, this guy's wife was also doing volunteer work.

Mspy can't be hidden on an Iphone since you can't hid the icons and have it run in the background. You could bury it in the Extras of course.

I truly think I would dance a jig if I found out my wife had a boyfriend.

Amen brother!

Why to the guy's boss? What am I missing, here?

I don't have a wife.....:cool:

She's a lucky gal. :cool:

Why to the guy's boss? What am I missing, here?

It may or may not matter to the boss. I don't know. The guy did a real bad job of covering his tracks. Between AM, gmail, Facebook, and Linkedin, his life was an open book. My friend was hurt and wanted to hurt someone back. He was contemplating friending a lot of the guys facebook buddies and then "spreading the news."

I'm shocked. Are you shocked? We're shocked.

Nope!

It may or may not matter to the boss. I don't know. The guy did a real bad job of covering his tracks. Between AM, gmail, Facebook, and Linkedin, his life was an open book. My friend was hurt and wanted to hurt someone back. He was contemplating friending a lot of the guys facebook buddies and then "spreading the news."

Ah, I see. I was thinking that but wasn't sure if there was another underlining issue.

Can someone comment on Mspy or other bugging software? Can Mspy be used on an IPhone? This shit freaks me out!

Can someone comment on Mspy or other bugging software? Can Mspy be used on an IPhone? This shit freaks me out!

I know what it can't be used on. The TracFone that sits locked in my desk at work, in the bag full of cash and condoms.

I can't remember what it cost, but it was cheap. I figured it is less than $100 a year with service. If you're freaked out, that's mighty cheap insurance.

Yep, I'm shocked.

3) Sent by courier two packets of printed documentation on everything he had found on the guy his wife had met on AM. One to the guy's wife. One to the guy's boss.

Anger, rage, hurt and a childish tantrum. While I understand, it sounds like just inviting bad ju-ju down the road. Guy who got creamed really did nothing (could be argued that he wasn't exactly helping save the whales either so he gets what he gets); guys wife really did nothing and his boss certainly doesn't need to be drug into that sorta crap. Probably can't fire him over it anyway. Diagnosis: big hurt baby flailing around and trying to hurt others rather than deal with his own pain.

"He noticed. Poked around on Ashley Madison. Found her profile. He was devastated."

I thought Ashley Madison was a site of fake profiles.

"He noticed. Poked around on Ashley Madison. Found her profile. He was devastated."

I thought Ashley Madison was a site of fake profiles.

I thought so too till I found out my neighbor, whom happens to be married, uses it. Also know of another married woman who lives 20 minutes away is also listed. They both get dates all the time. They one who lives 20 minutes away says some guys give her money.

Pretty risky behavior by your burned neighbor. If "the other guy" had sufficient financial means and desire he could sue your neighbor for invasion of privacy -Intrusion of solitude: physical or electronic intrusion into one's private quarters, and public disclosure of private facts: the dissemination of truthful private information which a reasonable person would find objectionable. Possibly also "false light" - If the communication is not technically false but is still misleading then a tort of false light might have occurred. Also, it sounds like he illegally hacked into emails of the variety of men who were corresponding with his wife, which can put him in criminal trouble. In many states, accessing and telling the world about another person?s personal information is an invasion of privacy that may make the hacker liable for money damages to the victim. Revenge of this type might feel good for a minute, but it can be very, very expensive in long run. It also will not sit well with the judge presiding over his divorce case, and will undoubtedly be used against him in that try for sole custody,