Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Kira Swan

???? Body Image

15 posts in this topic

I had a friend tell me the other day that I have a little [snip] gut that I don't show in my pictures...OF COURSE my pictures are going to emphasize my positive attributes! I know I have a little belly, and one should tell that from my pictures...I do not photo shop my belly out of the pics, but rather embrace my other positives it in a modest way...

Am I wrong on this? Don't most women display their qualities, as opposed to their flaws?

I am not ashamed of my body; I know I have a little bit of a belly, but that among other things make me different than the other thin, big boobed women out here and I love that!

Am I wrong????

Edited by The Oxymoron
forbidden term

I don't think you're wrong. Some people seem to think that each girl should have several nude, total body photos, non-photoshopped, and showing every tattoo and scar. Not me. I like glamour shots!

Personally, I'm not meeting a body. I'm meeting a flesh and blood, emotional human being. An attractive body and face are wonderful, but secondary. Personality, and skills, are much more important to me.

I say, keep doing what you're doing. The guys who desire a Stepford-wife-cum-receptacle can find that, if that's what they want. :)

I had a friend tell me the other day that I have a little [snip] gut that I don't show in my pictures...OF COURSE my pictures are going to emphasize my positive attributes! I know I have a little belly, and one should tell that from my pictures...I do not photo shop my belly out of the pics, but rather embrace my other positives it in a modest way...

Am I wrong on this? Don't most women display their qualities, as opposed to their flaws?

I am not ashamed of my body; I know I have a little bit of a belly, but that among other things make me different than the other thin, big boobed women out here and I love that!

Am I wrong????

Kira,

There is a sub-class of potential clients that will be all about the lady's appearance. For them, few providers will be good enough, and specific appearance issues will be important. I'm not saying that's bad, it is how they are wired.

Then there are the clients who are less interested in exact appearance issues and more interested in the whole experience. With this client type, your performance is going to be more important.

I tend to fall in the latter group. If I'm hungry for a big-boobed redhead, give you a call, and you rock my world, I'm not going to obsess over something like a "tummy." I'm going to remember the good time I had.

If someone makes a comment, don't let it rankle. Life is too short for that shit. You simply can't please everyone, so concentrate on those you can please.

Good luck and have a great day.

Edited by The Oxymoron

If someone makes a comment, don't let it rankle. Life is too short for that shit. You simply can't please everyone, so concentrate on those you can please.

Good luck and have a great day.

+1 - Rock my world & we'll have a good time.

I think you should show enough of yourself so a client is not surprised at the unveiling. If you are proud of what you have, show it. I am not a fan of strategically placed clothing.

Visuals are important but personality makes repeat visits.

I, for one, get angry when an ASP's advertising (including her photos) paints an inaccurate description of her appearance (including her weight, body style and age). It does matter to me, so I suppose I am in that "sub class" another poster referred to.

That said, Kira, I don't think you are misleading anyone with your ads and pics. I think it is clear from your reviews that no one feels misled and that no one is complaining!

...Am I wrong on this? Don't most women display their qualities, as opposed to their flaws?...Am I wrong????
I view in bold above like anyone showing their resume for a new job. Of course you should display your best features and qualities. Many guys can't tell the difference in body types as you can view reviews where a medium build lady to some is a BBW to others and vice-versa. I want to know you look like something similar to the pics you post in ads.

Many ladies say they see a surge in calls when they update their pics. I know financially it may not be in the cards for all ladies, but it's nice to see new pics from time-to-time. If there are any changes to the body (+/- weight), hair (red, blonde, brunette, rainbow) etc, it should show in the new pics!

Physical attraction is a subjective study. What one person finds sexy, is another persons turn-off. So there is no point in trying to be all things for all people, just be happy and confident with yourself and to hell with anyone who is otherwise not attracted! The interesting thing is that the flaws we see in ourselves, are usually never noticed by others. We are our own worst critics!

Now, we are all engaging in a "physical" business, ladies personalities do not necessarily jump off the pages. So the pictures are important and should be representative of who you are. That is just good business, false advertising is going to ultimately do more harm than good. And the pictures are just one part of the equation, usually what prompts someone to learn more. From there, "we" make our decisions based on the variables we each find appealing (or not). At the end of the day, if what we are looking for matches up with whom we contact, then a good time is had by all. If not, well, we look again hoping to do better next time!

You should listen to Taylor Swift's Shake It Off, have a glass of wine, and cheer up. Whatever "friend" told you that is being a hater. You are smart and beautiful in many ways. Remind yourself everyday of that and there won't be any self doubt. :):cool:

Sure, go ahead and hide those glaring flaws. How has it worked for you so far?

If I book an appt with you based on deceptive pictures, you bet I'm gonna be pissed when I find out.

And before you go believing the white knights who say it doesn't matter, answer this: if your appearance doesn't matter, why post photos at all?

if you have a gut hanging over your waist band, and you don't disclose that in any way, don't complain when a guy calls you on it. False advertising is false advertising.

No one said appearance doesn't matter, you said that. Kari's reply was in response to Kira's friend who said something not so nice. Nothing even close to what your mean spirited post touches on.

Ladies aren't going to advertise what they feel are flaws and most don't really lie about it. Congrats though on shitting all over what was a really positive sentiment from one provider to another.

Sure, go ahead and hide those glaring flaws. How has it worked for you so far?

If I book an appt with you based on deceptive pictures, you bet I'm gonna be pissed when I find out.

... False advertising is false advertising.

What av8r has so tactlessly pointed out is true.

While there are many of us who for one reason or another don't really care too much about a belly here, a roll there. But there are just as many who are looking for fashion models. If that's what they expect after viewing a YL's ad and it's not what answers the door ... they are at the very least starting the session as a disgruntled customer, an uphill battle for the ASP.

Now personally, Kira, your advertising photos indicate that you're a larger woman without revealing all the details. If a customer shows up expecting a spinner, send him to the optometrist.

FWIW: If photos consistently hide the mid-section, I assume there's a belly there.

No one said appearance doesn't matter, you said that. Kari's reply was in response to Kira's friend who said something not so nice. Nothing even close to what your mean spirited post touches on.

Ladies aren't going to advertise what they feel are flaws and most don't really lie about it. Congrats though on shitting all over what was a really positive sentiment from one provider to another.

Positive sentiment, yes - which had little to do with the OP's original question.

Should she feel just fine & beautiful the way she is? Absolutely. If she feels that way, then why would she hide the gut? The reason for hiding it is that it could turn off some guys, especially JOHNS.

THAT's false advertising.

Thank you everyone for the support and opinions.

[snip}

[snip}

Edited by boink36
Advertising removed.

Looked up your pictures, very beautiful. ..

if people expect perfection they will always be disappointed.

Your reviews usually have body type as "Voluptuous" and it is clear from your ads you have curves. Seems pretty straightforward to me -- expectationwise.

Ads are to garner interest and I will agree that a little subtle lighting here and a flattering pose there is not unacceptable. If someone is really going overboard and being deceptive in their ads -- beyond trying to preserve anonymity -- my hunch is that person may not be the type I want to visit. But, they may be exactly the type someone else does.

Everyone has different taste and things that get them going and things that shut them down. Not much you can do about either, really, so I wouldn't dwell on it. It sounds like one dude with one hang up that seems to not want to have a fantastic time with you.

Am I wrong????