Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Crazy Horse

Live long and prosper...

9 posts in this topic

So the death of Leonard Nimoy may not have a great deal to do with the profession/hobby other than this... The culmination of who we are today has to do with all the cultural input we've received growing up. Which leads into the age old question of when does an artist's art stop being the mirror reflection of life and starts influencing the direction of life. For many of us in a certain age bracket the character of Spock had a great deal of influence. It is simply illogical that the government has any business at all with what two consenting adults do behind closed doors so screw the laws.

As an actor Leonard brought meaning and life to these quotes.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/gallery/12-inspirational-spock-quotes-to-live-your-life-by/ss-BBi3j46?ocid=HPCDHP

One of my favorite Spock quotes from the original ST series was along the lines of "Sometime someone should teach you the difference between empiricism and stubbornness doctor".

As a reflection of what my current life is like on those days I don't have an appointment with a YL ol' Leonard hit it perfectly in this music video.

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=youtube+lazy+song+spock&FORM=VIRE1#view=detail&mid=C6D5DC0BA99F3BF88A9DC6D5DC0BA99F3BF88A9D

He will be missed as an artist.

...Happy Hobbying...

...Crazy Horse...

He will be missed as an artist

He will be missed, period. Long live Spock.

For many of us in a certain age bracket the character of Spock had a great deal of influence.

Indeed, I frequently quote Spock's wisdom even today. It is funny what influence an actor can have on your youth. He is one of the reasons I went into a career requiring mathematics.

The show definitely spoke to me. But, he had some nuggets for the beautiful ladies here as well:

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=spock+bitter+dregs&FORM=VIRE1#view=detail&mid=C1146EEBE65C8A4CBA2FC1146EEBE65C8A4CBA2F

Take care, young ladies, and value your wine.

Be watchful of young men in their velvet prime.

Deeply they'll swallow from your finest kegs,

Then swiftly be gone, leaving bitter dregs.

Ahh-ah-ah-ah, bitter dregs.

With smiling words and tender touch,

Man offers little and asks for so much.

He loves in the breathless excitement of night,

Then leaves with your treasure in cold morning light.

Ahh-ah-ah-ah, in cold morning light.

He will be missed, period. Long live Spock.

At the risk of my keyboard spontaneously combusting - I agree, av8r.

Didn't know he was a hobbyist. The only thing hobby-related I remember about him are his photographs of obese women.