Providers Texting Customers?

44 posts in this topic

I will tell out of town providers to text if and when they come to town, lets me know they are here, instead of just trolling when they advertise they are coming to town. I see no problem at all if the client says its ok.

On 1/4/2015 at 6:58 PM, Toolson said:

"[snip}" texted me, then "[snip}" sent a group text to TWENTY customers. We all got each other's phone numbers. You can imagine the possible problems. I know that a "hobby phone" is smart, but I don't have one. Isn't there some unwritten rule against contacting in this way? Are these girls idiots? An I being to touchy? Freaked me out.

Something just worthy of knowing about you. 😀It is important to know that some guys wish to just contact through PM or emails. If you make this point clear with the peovider. She is a careless fool to forget. Well noted by me Toolson.😎

"[snip}" texted me, then "[snip}" sent a group text to TWENTY customers. We all got each other's phone numbers. You can imagine the possible problems. I know that a "hobby phone" is smart, but I don't have one. Isn't there some unwritten rule against contacting in this way? Are these girls idiots? An I being to touchy? Freaked me out.

Wow.... 

Not all of us girls are idiots. Yes, some girls are. 

Well that's why you spend a LOOOONG time figuring out if your apps work. I had to help a friend that wanted to send group texts but for different but similar (lol) reasons he had to keep each person from seeing other's numbers. I think we took several hours and the first couple times he tried it, it was definitely sending everyone else's number out every time in a group text. HUGE problem.

Then there's an article somewhere I'm too lazy to go look up about a professional shrink that couldn't figure out why all of the sudden her clients started getting facebook suggestions to friend each other - HUGE breach to know who might be visiting your shrink. That one was a facebook problem since all clients had her email or something. But BIG difference.

Which is why I try really hard to have a separate phone and all that going. All that effort might go to waste when someone messes up like that!

I text with my friends from this world, some on a daily basis. I would never send a random text asking for a client to come visit. That signals trouble to me.

On 1/16/2015 at 1:05 AM, MonetMarie said:

I only text regulars with specials for the simple fact that they said i could at one point, and i enjoyed the session as well.

I love getting texts from gals who I had a good time with. It tells me they did too, and they want to see me again.

That doesn't excuse the group thing. Some folks just don't understand the technology. 😞

The same works for when a client texts more then one provider. VERY AWKWARD....

Hobbying is a lot closer to "Nam than it is to bowling. No rules, man.

Bumping this thread after 2 years serves a purpose, though. If this doesn't convince OP and anyone else to get a hobby phone, I don't know what will. With smart phones there are apps where you can get a separate # to text and call for hobbying purposes only. Doesn't provide quite the level of security that some are looking for with an actual separate phone, but does provide anonymity and would prevent problems like the kind OP got. If you don't get a hobby #, it's kinda on you.

On Tuesday, January 06, 2015 at 10:03 AM, fork said:

True. I am single and carefree and have a hobby phone. So I don't mind providers sending me an occasional hello message, within reason.

And if they send a mass audience text message (as the OP experienced) and I see the numbers of other clients, then I'll consider it funny and I'll probably look to see if any of my friends are on the list. :)

Hahaha...oh my stomach hurts...hahahaaa..I found this hilarious!! "I'll probably look to see if any of my friends are on the list"!! :eek:

On 1/26/2015 at 9:35 AM, MAG said:

So, let me get this straight: you committed a grievous breach of decorum, and HE is at fault????

Now I know where the term "bat shit crazy" comes from.

I read it that she's raising two separate issues. She did take responsibility -- to a degree -- about the mass text (blamed the phone.) Then followed by complaining that the client wrote a inaccurate and negative review.

That said, I think I would agree it comes off as "Yeah, I messed up, but that guy's a jerk" false equivalency.

A better way to handle it (and I only play a Provider on TOB...) would have been to place an ad or a discrete posting about "So happy to be back in Denver..." and submit a rebuttal inline with the review (I've seen providers do that.)

What we should all take from this is: have a burner phone or app (Burner for iPhone is great) and a throw-away email (I like Outlook.com).

Mystery solved!

I do not hobby that much and not for that long. I have had 3 providers mistakenly send me text messages. I definitely recommend a hobby phone! !!!

With a prior OK from the gent, absolutely.  But an unsolicited text, especially to a group, out of the blue, is a big no no.

On 1/4/2015 at 7:41 PM, boink36 said:

Always remember that providers never keep your personal information. everything including your phone number is deleted immediately after the session is over.:rolleyes: with this info in mind the only logical explanation is you were dreaming the whole thing.

eXcept me!!!!!! Im a housekeeping supervisor,  so I make sure to sell my numbers to  All my immigrant workers who need hook ups when they settle in Denver...., lmfaoooooo

yes I just posted Bullshit... The same Bullshit this YEAR OLD THREAD is full of...

,  its funny, with all the talk of how technology has improved and how some just don't understand how it works , I get it, times are changing but what happened to OLD FASHIONED  RESPECT for us as people ???

Hobbyist and Provider?

Technology is recent, Selling ass is not. And neither is having respect. All old as dirt. 

Why hasn't that improved?? Why call a lady that has your number an idiot in the first place?

She has your number because of You..same reason I bitched about why "he  don't respect our wishes when communicating". They got my number because of me. No one else..

IMO you are a grown ass man... These guys offered advice. Take it or leave it, But please throw no insults, (was gonna say stones,  Didn't wanna be all archaic and all) ;)  

Tie up loose ends and move on like nothing is wrong, This is what you do when going home to wifey after seeing  one of us right? So why go in a hobby half assed to make a whole hearted complaint and responses when shit didn't go the way you expected???

Rant over ;)