Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
gettin' up there

What do you make of this one?

6 posts in this topic

Last evening I scheduled an appointment for 2:30 today using P411 with a provider who has been around for 5 months with a dozen excellent reviews. She responds to my request with: "I look forward to seeing you tomorrow at 2:30. Text me tomorrow for directions." I respond a short time later with a "I look forward to seeing you." I go out for a bike ride today, leave my hobby phone at home, return at 1:10 to start cleaning up, turn my phone on to see a message from her (not sure what time it was sent since my phone was off) asking whether we are on for 2:30? I say "Yes!! Directions?" After I'm dressed and needing to be getting on the road in 10 minutes, I get a text from her at 1:50 that says "Sorry, I didn't hear back from you earlier so I left". I will send a confirmatory text in the AM for an appointment I made some days before, but I never thought to do so for this for one that I made 20 hours before the appointment. Does it make sense she would give up on me and assume I was not going to show an hour and a half before the scheduled appointment? Am I off base here? I sure wouldn't assume a provider was not going to show if I had sent a text an hour and a half before the appointment and didn't hear immediately back. I would have assumed she was preoccupied but that I would surely hear from her within the hour of the appointment so she could give me the incall location. I 'm still pissed about this one.

Maybe her boyfriend showed up and she had to change plans? Don't take it personally, shit happens.

Well, since you had the phone off, and admit that you don't know what time the text was actually sent, I'll put more of it on you.

She could have sent that text in the AM, and since you didn't respond for hours, probably assumed a NCNS.

Now to be fair, unless on her P411 account, maybe she should have said something like "text me AM for directions", "text me two hours ahead for directions". At least try to herd the john cats some.

In the future, turn on the hobby phone earlier in the day, because god knows what scheduling snafus might pop up and a gal tries to get a hold of you to reschedule.

I appreciate your response. I surely have gotten messages within an hour or two of the appointment about the need to reschedule for whatever reason and never hold it against a lady, because shit does happen. It's just my text 1 hour 20 minutes before the appointment wasn't soon enough for her not to bug out. She didn't say that something came up, her text just suggested that she couldn't count on me to show so off she went. I accept the lesson of leaving the hobby phone on for several hours before the appointment.

Well, since you had the phone off, and admit that you don't know what time the text was actually sent, I'll put more of it on you.

She could have sent that text in the AM, and since you didn't respond for hours, probably assumed a NCNS.

I have to agree with this. While I realize married guys have a tough time responding quickly, she probably got irritated when you didn't answer, and irritated is never a good way to meet.

... she probably got irritated when you didn't answer, and irritated is never a good way to meet.

You may have dodged a bullet.

With your established appointment, made w/in 24hrs, I think your 1hr+ heads up should have been sufficient. I had a similar problem a few years ago, even though I told her the time window I would be calling to confirm she had agreed the previous evening, but wanted to call it off because I didn't get back to her until noon for a 2pm appointment we did sort things out, but not w/o some hurt feelings on both our parts.