Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Pauliane

"A Body to Below You Away! Call Now!!" Does Bad Grammar Affect Your Decision To Call

59 posts in this topic

Writing skills just reflect the affluence of the home environment in which they were raised. So I would say that grammar does *not* affect ( or should I say "effect") my decision to call.;)

Let me give you an example of something you might not be aware of. What if the provider suffers from a language processing disorder that can hinder writing? Its called Dyslexia. This would be a learning disability. Now does that reflect the affluence of the home environment in which they were raised? Its doesn't.

I suffer from this language processing disorder. Witch is one of the reasons I have trouble. To top it off, English is a secondary lauange for me.

I have used TOB as a learning tool to improve my writing skills. I feel as if, I have made up for it, by learning how speak 5 different languages. :D Everyone has flaws. I don't know of to many people who speak multiple languages fluently.

So I would say that grammar does *not* affect ( or should I say "effect") my decision to call.;)

Boy am I glad you don't allow things like this hinder your decisions in the away of having a fabulous time. ;)

Sorry, Mr. Owl, but it's not a complete fallacy. Like it or not, wealth usually adds up to greater importance placed on education. Find the poorest areas and you'll find the lowest test scores. Therefore, if a lady has bad grammar, she is probably from a lower socio-economic status, and that might make a difference to some guys. It does to me.

Chicken and egg. A strong work ethic and importance placed upon education and achievement usually does result in higher income, which is then passed along to the next generation. But it is the attitude not the money. I grew up at the bottom of the economic scale on the wrong side of town. Lots of encouragement (more like insistence!!) and hard work later - degrees and professional career and enough income to participate in this "hobby" and these discussions. I have zero sympathy for the disadvantaged victimology that is rampant and accepted today. The only legitimate disadvantage is parents that don't give a shit, are absent or are abusive. Money has nothing to do with it. But I'm guessing we will simply agree to disagree.

Chicken and egg. A strong work ethic and importance placed upon education and achievement usually does result in higher income, which is then passed along to the next generation. But it is the attitude not the money. I grew up at the bottom of the economic scale on the wrong side of town. Lots of encouragement (more like insistence!!) and hard work later - degrees and professional career and enough income to participate in this "hobby" and these discussions. I have zero sympathy for the disadvantaged victimology that is rampant and accepted today. The only legitimate disadvantage is parents that don't give a shit, are absent or are abusive. Money has nothing to do with it. But I'm guessing we will simply agree to disagree.

No. I agree with most of what you wrote. I think that MOST (not all) of that encouragement/insistence you write about comes from the middle to upper-income parents. You were fortunate to get that from the poor end of the scale. You worked hard, improved your status, and that is an essentially American thing to do, and to be applauded. Take care and be well.

Let me give you an example of something you might not be aware of. What if the provider suffers from a language processing disorder that can hinder writing? Its called Dyslexia. This would be a learning disability. Now does that reflect the affluence of the home environment in which they were raised? Its doesn't.

I suffer from this language processing disorder. Witch is one of the reasons I have trouble. To top it off, English is a secondary lauange for me.

I have used TOB as a learning tool to improve my writing skills. I feel as if, I have made up for it, by learning how speak 5 different languages. :D Everyone has flaws. I don't know of to many people who speak multiple languages fluently.

Boy am I glad you don't allow things like this hinder your decisions in the away of having a fabulous time. ;)

Once again, Nikki brings a side of the story unseen or unknown; we may not have realized that there are other factors which affects people's ability to communicate effectively. The English language is a difficult language to master, much less use effectively in everyday conversation. Communication skills have eroded in this country due to the overuse and abuse of slang, abbreviations, street talk, twitter, texting, subjugation of our language by non-english speaking citizens, and general lack of education by our school systems to our young people. I speak from experience in that I have fallen victim to this atrocity, in attempting to communicate with younger folks, and being baffled by their lack of basic spelling and language skills. I feel we are losing our ability to speak intelligently, write effectively and be understood. I am often at a loss to explain the erosion of these skills, and blame the education systems in this country for their part in this fiasco. I don't possess a college degree, but I am very well read, polish my writing skills daily, and strive to communicate intelligently with everyone through correct spelling, syntax, sentence structure, punctuation, and descriptive verbs and proper nouns. Are these lost language and communication skills? I fear I am right, and marvel at the decline of the English language in this country.

The Wise Old Owl

Too young to give up trying,

But not too old to give up caring.

)

Nikki-

You raise some valid points that I didn't think of in my orig post.

I have a nephew who is dyslexic, and from what I hear, the disorder is both a problem and a gift. People with dyslexia are often unusually creative and smart; there are famous artists, entertainers, Nobel prize winners who had dyslexia. What comes to mind is the actor Robin Williams, who was dyslexic. If you've seen clips of Williams doing improvisation, you can see that his mind worked twice as fast as the rest of us.

...and your ability to speak five languages is almost a supernatural talent (I struggled to get through French 101:o).

I dunno, can't be that "hard":

Suck my dick!

Le dick suck s'il vous plait!

Sucken sie meinen dick, Heil!

Grandes penis mucho sucko!

If all of this fails: Points to her mouth, then points to dick.:cool:

Nikki-

You raise some valid points that I didn't think of in my orig post.

I have a nephew who is dyslexic, and from what I hear, the disorder is both a problem and a gift. People with dyslexia are often unusually creative and smart; there are famous artists, entertainers, Nobel prize winners who had dyslexia. What comes to mind is the actor Robin Williams, who was dyslexic. If you've seen clips of Williams doing improvisation, you can see that his mind worked twice as fast as the rest of us.

...and your ability to speak five languages is almost a supernatural talent (I struggled to get through French 101:o).

I agree.

Suck my dick!

Oh wait a minute 2big..... Its really not that hard now is it?

lol:D

It depends on how bad. In your example, I'd need more info to make the call. At some point in a session she's going to have to speak. Spelling and punctuation, not particularly unless it's so atrocious as to indicate complete stupidity as well. We're unlikely to be writing each other during the session, but dumb as a box of rocks is a turn off for me.

Suck my dick!

Hahaha I found this to really really funny. Good job.

Nikki Holiday;

Based on your posts, you would never know you had Dyslexia. You wouldn't know English is your second language. Impressive to say the least.

I have dyslexia and it is no excuse for poor ad. Words might get turned around or items might get misspelled but with spell check these issues can be overcome. I worked as a commercial artist. I just have to be more careful and might have someone proof read my work.

People don't give me a pass because I see the letters differently, they still judge based on what I put out there.

This week I had to go back to another board and correct a post because I used "can" when it should have been "may". I can't blame dyslexia on that.

If I knew the person had dyslexia and works to overcome it, I would find them all the more attractive, but that is not something that comes up on your day to day conversations. We all make judgements based on what we perceive to be real. A poor ad or post will be viewed as being from someone with limited education, laziness, or a lack of business skills.

Someone just sent me an email to kindly point out to me that I have "precooking" in an Ad instead of "prebooking". I'm laughing because I realized that it's my computer doing an auto correct and the innuendo behind it might be puny. :confused:

Someone just sent me an email to kindly point out to me that I have "precooking" in an Ad instead of "prebooking". I'm laughing because I realized that it's my computer doing an auto correct and the innuendo behind it might be puny. :confused:

Sounds like an interesting new service--precooking.

I suppose it can make a difference. But lets get down to the basics. You want an interlude or a wham bam, her natural instincts are what you would be looking for. Reviews are for that question. I do like the interaction with the mind. But this is not an intelligence exam. The bar is set however you like it. I've met some who are not gifted intellectually but can rock your world with ease. Others that are smart and gifted in intellect that really have a hard time with 1st base. Yes I want it all but a dose of realism should come into play here.

Some future best of the best may be here, but the spelling and grammar police may have shut it down. I don't want to play fuckulance with a rocket scientist. She may burn me. YIKES

I find it fascinating that most of the people criticizing "bad grammar" don't understand that nearly all of the examples cited (including the original cartoons) have nothing to do with grammar. People have criticized spelling, punctuation, misuse of contractions, ambiguous antecedent pronoun references, etc., but none of these are examples of bad grammar. Grammar is the study and exercise of the fundamentals of sentence structure, not a catchall term for any form of defective writing.

Frankly, I find wacky writing creative, and rarely do I find that the quality of the writing or spelling in an advertisement is in any way related to whether I enjoy my time with the lady.

He who casts metaphorical stones should not live in a glass house.

Sorry, it is hard to get eleven years of teaching high school English out of your blood.:D

Hmm, it might not be a "deal breaker," but it doesn't instill confidence.

One option might be to ask someone, who uses grammar correctly, to take a look at the text. That might be challenging in this business. ("Mom, could you proofread my ad...?") I'm sure there are a few clients who wouldn't mind helping.

"A Body to Below You Away! Call Now!!" Does Bad Grammar Affect Your Decision To Call

[snip - no advertising]

Does a provider's grammar affect your decision to call (or do you ignore everything except the picture?)

479a9019905f00a479fa57b667caee60.jpg

3144d1383685388-white-house-down-blu-ray-review-grammar_police.jpg

grammar.png

Edited by MissingLink
Bad grammar...

I find it fascinating that most of the people criticizing "bad grammar" don't understand that nearly all of the examples cited (including the original cartoons) have nothing to do with grammar. People have criticized spelling, punctuation, misuse of contractions, ambiguous antecedent pronoun references, etc., but none of these are examples of bad grammar. Grammar is the study and exercise of the fundamentals of sentence structure, not a catchall term for any form of defective writing.

Frankly, I find wacky writing creative, and rarely do I find that the quality of the writing or spelling in an advertisement is in any way related to whether I enjoy my time with the lady.

He who casts metaphorical stones should not live in a glass house.

Sorry, it is hard to get eleven years of teaching high school English out of your blood.:D

Oh, look, the resident English teacher puts in an appearance.:cool:

At any rate, "suck my dick" and "turn over and spread 'em" aren't really that hard to convey, no matter your level of English proficiency.

Oh, look, the resident English teacher puts in an appearance.:cool:

At any rate, "suck my dick" and "turn over and spread 'em" aren't really that hard to convey, no matter your level of English proficiency.

He was referring to "us" as a bunch of idiots. At any rate you totally missed the point where he agreed in a less crude way that spelling/grammar in an ad is no big deal. Thanks for playing. Read gooder next time.

I agree with limey's post.

Considering what I'm looking for, I also see little, if any correlation between the ability to describe and the ability to deliver.

Perhaps we could even make an argument in favor of a girl who, once upon a time instead of learning proper spelling and grammar in the classroom, enjoyed honing her skills somewhere under the bleachers.

Sounds like an interesting new service--precooking.

I thought of it as a pre-requisite that must be achieved before arriving at the appointment. You know, if you are seeing this ASP, you need to come "pre-cooked" so she can just hit things mid stride. Real time saver.

i thought of it as a pre-requisite that must be achieved before arriving at the appointment. You know, if you are seeing this asp, you need to come "pre-cooked" so she can just hit things mid stride. Real time saver.

hit it & quit it!

Grammar, punctuation, spelling and nice but my expectations are low. However, I have to be able to understand what the fuck she's saying. Some "WTF" examples:

"you never had a lover like me I'm a dime breed"

"I have 8 glasses of pure Milk" (don't tell me she's lactating ... this is a transsexual)

"Sexii Stallion" (this is not a transsexual)

"yall are the heart to me and you'll forever be the blood I bleed"

"you never had a lover like me I'm a dime breed"

Perhaps she is touring with "no intro needed for thiz dime piece"

And both might make sense to this one: "d**g free 420 friendly"

w.............t.............f ??

"yall are the heart to me and you'll forever be the blood I bleed"

Probably a Raiders fan.