Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
auldguy

Using your real name

104 posts in this topic

No, not during the first few meetings. But if we strike a chord, I may. I certainly don't do it as much as I did before. "Paul" works just fine.

keep your "bat shit crazy hooker" comments to yourself......quit quoting me and asking me direct questions.

You really don't like a mature debate, do you?

My advice is as it always has been: do not give out personal info if you want it to stay personal. THAT is directed at anyone who is interested. Since you don't seem to be interested, you can ignore it. But ordering me around isn't going to stop me from voicing it. :cool:

If I am not mistaken you are self employed and single. That makes a big difference with the threat from hookers wanting to distroy your life. Those with an employer and spouse have more time lose amd there have been several examples posted on this board. It may be rare but it does happen, probably the same as hookers getting a stalker.

This is not true. I've given out my full name, address, phone, employer, and ID. Whatever the makes the girl comfortable, is what I supply. It's been 25 years since I started this, and I've probably seen more "bat shit crazy" girls than most, and NO ONE EVER EVEN THREATENED ME.

Good for you.

most guys never have any problem.

Probably true. So?

most guys never have any problem.

VERY true. "Most" -- as in "not all"

Feel free to post more paranoid rants, and claims that hundreds of guys are at risk. It'll do a whole lot of good. :rolleyes:

Don't put words in my mouth.

I suspect I'm doing a lot more good than you, though -- paranoid or not, I'm right. Just ask the guys who HAVE been outed. :cool:

If I am not mistaken you are self employed and single.

...and in a relationship with a hooker. Slight conflict of interest there.

Didn't want to state the obvious but it does lower his risk of being outed unless his hooker girlfriend is afraid of other hookers but I doubt that.

...and in a relationship with a hooker. Slight conflict of interest there.

Didn't want to state the obvious but it does lower his risk of being outed unless his hooker girlfriend is afraid of other hookers but I doubt that.

Well, I'm not in a relationship with a hooker, self employed, or single; but I have been doing it as long as pfunk, and since reiterating seems to be in vogue: I have given out various forms of personal info over many years and many appointments and I have never had a problem.

pfunk is describing his view, as I'm describing mine, as you are describing yours(repeatedly); being obnoxious and making personal affronts don't support your point, they just make you a tool. :cool:

It all comes down to what you're comfortable with, and who you want to see. FWIW, I've given out varying degrees of personal info over the years(25+), and never had a problem with hookers and my credentials.

Precisely my experience. 14 yrs and never a problem,

I use my real first name when booking but that is the most I will give. The email and phone I use for this are both burners. I gave my info to P411 so that I would never have to give it to anyone else. I figure it's safer for just one to have it then many. If P411 is not good enough I will politely move on to the next.

I have been doing it for almost 40 years using my real name, phone and email with no problems except for the occasional druggy or drunk and the threats from less than positive reviews. But there is always the first time and the results could be drastic. Guess it takes a tool to know one.

You really don't like a mature debate, do you?

My advice is as it always has been: do not give out personal info if you want it to stay personal. THAT is directed at anyone who is interested. Since you don't seem to be interested, you can ignore it. But ordering me around isn't going to stop me from voicing it. :cool:

So am I either argumentative or I don't like a mature debate? You talk in circles and it's quite annoying. I have made several points to try and encourage debate but you are combative and dismissive of anything that hurts your argument. You can't have a conversation without referring to providers in some negative way. There was no ordering, you nitpick and read what you want to read so you can spark and argument.

If you care to address any of the points I have made I would be more than happy to have a debate. I love my words.

I thought this was a fairly simple question. However, sure got a lot of interesting and varied response. I tend to be pretty private, I don't use Facebook and am not real fond of Linkedin. I just like to be careful when putting out personal information in any situation.

multiple years experience.

first contact, all personal information was provided to me. they eventually knew mine and no problems. and yes both i and they can guarantee there never will be.

Meh....If I was trolling Back-Page, I would be especially careful not to reveal anything. On the other hand, with the well-reviewed, widely-known local providers on EB--not so much! A couple of girls have left me voice-mails--I had my full name and work-title on the message, I have had no problem! In general, I use my REAL first name (it is one of the most common first-names in the free-world:) Most of these girls are just as afraid of being "outed" as we are:) A couple of providers know my real name, and I know a couple of providers' real names. On the other-hand, if you are are a TOFT fanatic, and are trying everything out there--be careful!

your license plate does get coppied down when you arrive and all information gets saved forever, nothing is deleted after the session is over.

This is not true.

Paranoid much?

The provider, no matter how "reputable", can turn you life upside down in 5 minutes if they have enough information about you.

Yes, ASP's have a need to feel safe. Unfortunately, we have know idea who is going to flip out if their panties get in a knot.

The percentage of bat shit crazy providers is small but significant... and those providers tend to be the ones who are the most vocal on the boards, well known, who come off as being super knowledgeable about all things industry related.

Yes, I just described myself, I realize that. It's not ALL providers who have those characteristics that are nuts, but it's a percentage of those providers who are the ones who will flip the script if you dare to leave a negative review, or cancel an appointment on her.

You really don't have to worry as much about the providers who are well established, but keep to themselves, imo. It's the ones who power-trip on the boards, who has the greatest propensity to power-trip in person. Again, I'm describing myself to a degree. It's not all, it's only some.

Again, I'm not saying ALL providers who participate on the boards, or who come off as Momma Hens, but it is a percentage (5%??) of them, who are the troublemakers.

And you really don't have to worry about a provider writing your license plate down, figuring out who you are, and keeping that information for ever. It would only be "the crazies" who would do such a thing, and it would have to be an organized and capable "crazy" to be able to manage that level of paperwork. So that really narrows the possibility down.

However, if I were a client, I would protect my real life information like my life depended on it (because it does). In it not uncommon for a client to end up with his real life information being splashed across the internet for things like "he was a time waster" (usually meaning he inquired, but failed to book an appointment) or NC/NS (usually meaning he inquired, but failed to book an appointment), or other ridiculous reasons.

For you providers who will be pissed at me for saying this, you need to be pissed off at the providers who aren't capable of knowing how to post an alert in a responsible manner. I know we all know of providers in our midst who lie and manipulate in order to cause problems for clients or providers they are mad at for one reason on another, and it needs to stop. I know it never will though. :(

The percentage of bat shit crazy providers is small but significant... and those providers tend to be the ones who are the most vocal on the boards, well known, who come off as being super knowledgeable about all things industry related.

Yes, I just described myself, I realize that. It's not ALL providers who have those characteristics that are nuts, but it's a percentage of those providers who are the ones who will flip the script if you dare to leave a negative review, or cancel an appointment on her.

You really don't have to worry as much about the providers who are well established, but keep to themselves, imo. It's the ones who power-trip on the boards, who has the greatest propensity to power-trip in person. Again, I'm describing myself to a degree. It's not all, it's only some.

Again, I'm not saying ALL providers who participate on the boards, or who come off as Momma Hens, but it is a percentage (5%??) of them, who are the troublemakers.

And you really don't have to worry about a provider writing your license plate down, figuring out who you are, and keeping that information for ever. It would only be "the crazies" who would do such a thing, and it would have to be an organized and capable "crazy" to be able to manage that level of paperwork. So that really narrows the possibility down.

However, if I were a client, I would protect my real life information like my life depended on it (because it does). In it not uncommon for a client to end up with his real life information being splashed across the internet for things like "he was a time waster" (usually meaning he inquired, but failed to book an appointment) or NC/NS (usually meaning he inquired, but failed to book an appointment), or other ridiculous reasons.

For you providers who will be pissed at me for saying this, you need to be pissed off at the providers who aren't capable of knowing how to post an alert in a responsible manner. I know we all know of providers in our midst who lie and manipulate in order to cause problems for clients or providers they are mad at for one reason on another, and it needs to stop. I know it never will though. :(

Interesting post. So, your recommendation to clients would be to not book with the ladies who post on your forum? :eek:

Well put Gina. In the incident I elude to, a well reviewed/established provider did the exact opposite in order to inflict maximum damage to the guy.

In today's world where people do internet searches on others "just because", your name being on the public side of a "alert" site could be hazardous to your health.

So, your recommendation to clients would be to not book with the ladies who post on your forum? :eek:

I would recommend not giving any provider any significant real life information.... but in the end, that decision is yours alone to make. Just as it's the providers' decision as to what amount of information she will require before meeting with a client.

Basically, if you can't come to an agreement where both parties are comfortable with the amount of information exchanged, it's best to just move on. Of course though, some providers will then put alerts out on you for being LE since you refused to give them the information, but at least that alert isn't on your real name. :)

This is true. At least one hooker mentioned on the board that she writes down thw John's license plate number in case something happens. I am sure she is not alone and I am not saying it is a bad thing just that it happens.

This is not true.

Paranoid much?

It's not true for you maybe but true for many others. when it comes to personal information, I paranoid 24/7 and the smart hobby guys always will.

No, not during the first few meetings. But if we strike a chord, I may. I certainly don't do it as much as I did before. "Paul" works just fine.

i would agree with your 3rd statement.

the smart hobby guys always will.

And the really good thing is that 97% of guys that participate in this hobby don't read this board, so I get as much personal information as I need to feel comfortable seeing someone. :P

And the really good thing is that 97% of guys that participate in this hobby don't read this board, so I get as much personal information as I need to feel comfortable seeing someone. :P

what she said. plus im pretty sure ive not met someone on this board.

Great! Now all of the guys know I'm bat shit crazy. I must be since I'm so vocal on the boards. Thanks Gina!;)

I tend to provide enough information to make the YL feel comfortable. Over the years I've provided phone#, shown (but kept) a pay stub, shown my driver's license, sent a photo, etc. With the advent of P411, much of this verification is simplified.

What has ALWAYS bothered me in this industry is the lack of reciprocity from most ASPs. They continue to hide behind their stage names, most doing incall work out of non-residence locations, etc.

Over the years several YL have shared with me their personal information. I've felt honored that they trusted me in this manner and I guard their privacy better than my own. This is especially true for my travel companions. There are situations where this sharing of information is essential. (Note: I've been seeing my travel companions for years prior to asking them to join me on trips. We've become friends long before departure.)

I do recognize that the YL have different risk factors. That they may encounter abusive clients or face criminal proceedings, not just having their lives turned upside-down. But the truth is that both (M&F) risk losing their livelihood, their families, etc. With an ASP's frequency of engagement being greater than the average client's, their odds are higher for a bad encounter.

All it takes is one a$$hole (M|F) to make for a really bad day.

what she said. plus im pretty sure ive not met someone on this board.

I will do my best to give good advice to the 3% who do read this forum. if Lola has not seen any of the guys here she has no need for their personal info anyway. The best advice I can give the 3% is...... do not ever, for any reason, give your personal information to any provider. if any provider you call has a problem with that they can see one of the 97%.

I will do my best to give good advice to the 3% who do read this forum. if Lola has not seen any of the guys here she has no need for their personal info anyway. The best advice I can give the 3% is...... do not ever, for any reason, give your personal information to any provider. if any provider you call has a problem with that they can see one of the 97%.

Well said.

Bat-shit crazy hookers? Yes, I do. doesn't mean that all hookers have integrity. But as boink said, it only takes one. When a john plays russian roulette with his personal info, it's only a matter of time before he runs out of empty chambers.

Unfourtenly, I have ran into a Bat-shit crazy hooker. I am not even a john. I WAS OUTED 3 TIMES. :mad: Not by a client either. ;)

With that said, as a provider, I understand the need for screening. Since I was outed, I no longer encourage guys to give out their personal information. I know what can happen if they are blackmailed or outed.

I now teach guys to hobby without giving their personal information. Infact I actually hold newbie classes called "PROTECT YOURSELF BEFORE YOU RECK YOURSELF". :eek:

If you boys wanna play smart, make things easy for yourself get a p411. Here are a list of reasons why you should get p411 account:

1. If you run into a hooker who is Bat-shit crazy. You wont have to kiss her ass.

2. You don't need to give out your personal information to a hooker. :D

3. Then you will not find yourself kissing anyone ass for reference. :D

Wait a second....we're suppose to use fake names on this board and in this industry ???