Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
auldguy

Using your real name

104 posts in this topic

Is there ever use your real name when making contact with a provider, especially the first contact? I have been able to use my handle from this board with out a problem. Is this an issue and is it likely that the provider can figure out your real name through the screening process?

Just wondering.

Is there ever use your real name when making contact with a provider, especially the first contact? I have been able to use my handle from this board with out a problem. Is this an issue and is it likely that the provider can figure out your real name through the screening process?

Just wondering.

I use my real first name. I've given my real last name to two providers when first starting out. However, early in my "career", I used my own phone and was sloppy in the use of email. As a result, probably many more than those two would be able to figure out my real name.

I try to be a bit more careful, now, especially with email. I use a hobby phone exclusively.

Of course, any provider can very quickly learn anything they want about you by merely copying down your license plate number and going online to a paid account. Not rocket science.

Just wondering.

Do you at least give a name for her to call you in person or during sessions do you like to be called Auldguy? It would make it easier if we don't have to find out your name through the process of screening and if that really is the case then why not just give it during initial contact? There are very few providers that will use your info for nefarious reasons the rest of us just want to feel comfortable and know you're not a schmuck.

On a side note, I HATE HOBBY PHONES! I understand the gents reasoning but they are throw away useless numbers. I get the point for you is that they don't really lead back to you but for me that is the problem. In the event of a true disaster or the gent turns out to be a violent asshole I would prefer to have a real number to hand over to the police.

I've been answering to "Bit" for years. What's the problem :D

Do you at least give a name for her to call you in person or during sessions do you like to be called Auldguy? It would make it easier if we don't have to find out your name through the process of screening and if that really is the case then why not just give it during initial contact? There are very few providers that will use your info for nefarious reasons the rest of us just want to feel comfortable and know you're not a schmuck.

On a side note, I HATE HOBBY PHONES! I understand the gents reasoning but they are throw away useless numbers. I get the point for you is that they don't really lead back to you but for me that is the problem. In the event of a true disaster or the gent turns out to be a violent asshole I would prefer to have a real number to hand over to the police.

Never EVER give out your personal info -- ESPECIALLY your real name.

Have you been reading this board at all? There are tons of threads on this subject.

Bottom line, there are plenty of hookers who will see you without invasive screening. Schedule with one of them. It's just not worth the risk of having. The first time some bat-shit crazy hooker who gets her panties in a twist causes you problems, you'll thank me for this advice.

I use my real first name. I've given my real last name to two providers when first starting out. However, early in my "career", I used my own phone and was sloppy in the use of email. As a result, probably many more than those two would be able to figure out my real name.

I try to be a bit more careful, now, especially with email. I use a hobby phone exclusively.

Of course, any provider can very quickly learn anything they want about you by merely copying down your license plate number and going online to a paid account. Not rocket science.

Great post Bubble, I know who you're talking about. it's true, one small scrap of personal information can trash your life. your license plate does get coppied down when you arrive and all information gets saved forever, nothing is deleted after the session is over. give exactly 0% of your personal info to 100% of the providers you call. if she wont see you, move on to one who will.

Great post Bubble, I know who you're talking about. it's true, one small scrap of personal information can trash your life. your license plate does get coppied down when you arrive and all information gets saved forever, nothing is deleted after the session is over. give exactly 0% of your personal info to 100% of the providers you call. if she wont see you, move on to one who will.

This.

Never EVER give out your personal info -- ESPECIALLY your real name.

Have you been reading this board at all? There are tons of threads on this subject.

Bottom line, there are plenty of hookers who will see you without invasive screening. Schedule with one of them. It's just not worth the risk of having. The first time some bat-shit crazy hooker who gets her panties in a twist causes you problems, you'll thank me for this advice.

I do read the board and given my longevity and number of posts it is safe to say that I may have even been involved in some of those conversations. Also I am a provider so your "advice" is moot.

I am not saying to give up personal information but giving a name is helpful. I don't believe in invasive screening policies but I also don't believe in telling a girl she is wrong for doing something that makes her feel safe. There are many providers with really strict screening processes that are not bat shit crazy, it is a few crazy ones that makes it more difficult for everyone else.

Giving out your real name, unless it's totally unique is mostly harmless. I can tell you from experience that most guys call from a personal number or use an email that has at least their real first name in it. With just that tiny bit of info it makes it easy to find out who they are. Given how common that is and how uncommon it is for info to be used for malicious reasons it really is harmless. The number of perfectly good sessions where guys are screened and give out personal info outnumber by far the sessions that go wrong. Common sense and simple maths go a long way.

Edited by luce kytten
forgot a word!

I do read the board and given my longevity and number of posts it is safe to say that I may have even been involved in some of those conversations. Also I am a provider so your "advice" is moot.

I am not saying to give up personal information but giving a name is helpful. I don't believe in invasive screening policies but I also don't believe in telling a girl she is wrong for doing something that makes her feel safe. There are many providers with really strict screening processes that are not bat shit crazy, it is a few crazy ones that makes it more difficult for everyone else.

Giving out your real name, unless it's totally unique is mostly harmless. I can tell you from experience that most guys call from a personal number or use an email that has at least their real first name in it. With just that tiny bit of info it makes it easy to find out who they are. Given how common that is and how uncommon it is for info to be used for malicious reasons it really is harmless. The number of perfectly good sessions where guys are screened and give out personal info outnumber by far the sessions that go wrong. Common sense and simple maths go a long way.

The odds of getting hit by a buss are very low. this does not make it safe to jump infront of a buss.

I am a provider so your "advice" is moot.

Really? So, you're going to start giving out YOUR personal info to your clients? After all, their safety matters too. What if you turn out to be one of those bat-shit crazy hookers? :cool:

I hate to interrupt a good wide spread panic attack, but this is simply not accurate. There are several online scammers that CLAIM to be able to provide this information. After they claim to have prepared your report they get your credit card info, sign you up for auto renew subscription, etc. The actual "report" will give you the Dept. of Revenue web site for requesting the information. Under Colorado law unless you are LE, licensed tow company, auto dealer verifying a VIN or licensed private investigator or there is a court order to release the info -- not happening. IF YOU KNOW of an actual service that gets around this little difficulty, let me know by pm please.

That said, i suppose she could enlist an actual p.i. or tow company if she wants to bad enough, but no, not that quick and easy.

But I do agree it is best not to give out any more info than you absolutely have to. Depending on who you have your heart set on seeing that is next to nothing or practically a full blown credit/background check. I am comfortable typically in the middle - but MUCH closer to the nothing end of spectrum.

Never EVER give out your personal info -- ESPECIALLY your real name. It's just not worth the risk of having. The first time some bat-shit crazy hooker who gets her panties in a twist causes you problems

+1 I have been saying this all long. You boys need to start protecting yourself.

STOP SENDING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMANTION. GET A P411 CLIENT ID!

There are many providers with really strict screening processes that are not bat shit crazy, it is a few crazy ones that makes it more difficult for everyone else.

This what I call 2SHAY... Becuase providers need to be smart and play wise.

The guys need to protect their personal informantion as well.

Again, if you wanna hobby..... be smart boys get a p411. Then you dont even need references. Some hookers refuse to give you a reference even if your safe to see. So avoid all bull shit and get p411. Keep your personal life separate. ;)

The odds of getting hit by a buss are very low. this does not make it safe to jump infront of a buss.

That makes no sense, the odds of getting hit by the bus on the sidewalk are very low we can agree on that but your chances of getting hit by it if you jump in front of it 100%.

The point is that there are probably hundreds of sessions that go on every day and a good number of them have offered up personal information and then there are those that offered it up more unknowingly and they are perfectly fine. Post an ad on BP and monitor the calls (maybe this is only my experience but I doubt it) use your magical research skills and you will find more often than not guys will contact you from a personal cell/email. The vast majority of those are no worse for the wear.

I usually use my real nick name, but it is very common kind of like Tom. I also usually answer to Bigguy. I was called that long before I started pointing.

Really? So, you're going to start giving out YOUR personal info to your clients? After all, their safety matters too. What if you turn out to be one of those bat-shit crazy hookers? :cool:

Did you miss the part where I said I don't use invasive screening? My incall is private so I share that and I don't ask for your address in exchange. The birthday that I use is my actual birthday, month, day and year are all accurate. Many gents do know my real name as well because I have traveled with them and other such activities where it's just easier to know a real name. You can read what I wrote or you can continue to argue blindly.

80% of all my calls come from personal cell phones, the other 20% I screen more carefully because the source is questionable. That is coming straight from the provider horses mouth. If you think you somehow know better than the person who takes these calls on a daily basis I would like to know why.

That makes no sense, the odds of getting hit by the bus on the sidewalk are very low we can agree on that but your chances of getting hit by it if you jump in front of it 100%.

The point is that there are probably hundreds of sessions that go on every day and a good number of them have offered up personal information and then there are those that offered it up more unknowingly and they are perfectly fine. Post an ad on BP and monitor the calls (maybe this is only my experience but I doubt it) use your magical research skills and you will find more often than not guys will contact you from a personal cell/email. The vast majority of those are no worse for the wear.

So, you are going to guarantee that giving out personal information is safe and no client will ever get outed?

This ^^

I hate to interrupt a good wide spread panic attack, but this is simply not accurate. There are several online scammers that CLAIM to be able to provide this information. After they claim to have prepared your report they get your credit card info, sign you up for auto renew subscription, etc. The actual "report" will give you the Dept. of Revenue web site for requesting the information. Under Colorado law unless you are LE, licensed tow company, auto dealer verifying a VIN or licensed private investigator or there is a court order to release the info -- not happening. IF YOU KNOW of an actual service that gets around this little difficulty, let me know by pm please.

That said, i suppose she could enlist an actual p.i. or tow company if she wants to bad enough, but no, not that quick and easy.

But I do agree it is best not to give out any more info than you absolutely have to. Depending on who you have your heart set on seeing that is next to nothing or practically a full blown credit/background check. I am comfortable typically in the middle - but MUCH closer to the nothing end of spectrum.

And, ultimately this^^.

It all comes down to what you're comfortable with, and who you want to see. FWIW, I've given out varying degrees of personal info over the years(25+), and never had a problem with hookers and my credentials.

So, you are going to guarantee that giving out personal information is safe and no client will ever get outed?

No one is going to guarantee that, and it(saving personal info, outing clients and ASPs) has happened, and will continue to happen. You can mitigate risk on either side of the envelope by whatever means one sees fit; if that means an appointment doesn't happen because 1 side isn't comfortable with the information presented isn't adequate? Well, this business has managed to survive the changes wrought by the Information Age without missing a single beat.

Why people get so het up about this, is completely beyond me. :rolleyes:

If you think you somehow know better than the person who takes these calls on a daily basis I would like to know why.

Know better about what? Bat-shit crazy hookers? Yes, I do.

Here's what YOU are not getting: just because you have integrity, doesn't mean that all hookers have integrity. This thread is not about you or me, or what each of us "knows better". It's about giving out personal information.

Several have commented that it's usually no big deal. I can accept that. But as boink said, it only takes one. When a john plays russian roulette with his personal info, it's only a matter of time before he runs out of empty chambers.

There is no guarantee of that and that's not what I said, the odds are in your favor. Screening is just the name of the game and this business is certainly not without risk but it's the chance we all take when participating.

Oh boy... where to go with this one... IDK how to steer you boys.

Auldguy--- I think your great rep and tasteful, gracious attitude proceed you, so... guess that is why you are well received

Gr8owl--- Unfortunately this has happened in the past. I can not PM you how to do it, because I do not know how or have a need to know. Not everyone is here for simple fun, and some of us have had to learn the hard way, that not everyone is nice. I'm glad you have not had to endure this behavior.

Lucy---Is correct in that most of us are not bat shit crazy, and delete personal information after screening is complete. I guess it is hard for you guys to really know...

I had a gentleman give me all of his personal information voluntarily the other day.:eek: Phone number, full name, employment and position. I could see way more info on him than I ever needed to know. I did advise him to please be careful with what he gives out in the future. YIKES

Know better about what? Bat-shit crazy hookers? Yes, I do.

Here's what YOU are not getting: just because you have integrity, doesn't mean that all hookers have integrity. This thread is not about you or me, or what each of us "knows better". It's about giving out personal information.

Several have commented that it's usually no big deal. I can accept that. But as boink said, it only takes one. When a john plays russian roulette with his personal info, it's only a matter of time before he runs out of empty chambers.

I will say it again, take into consideration all of those that are giving up their info and no harm is coming to them. From MY EXPERIENCE in the past five years most gents contact you from their personal cell/email. These same guys are also calling other girls and over the years that has resulted in thousands of perfectly safe sessions. You asked me outright if I shared personal info and I answered, you made this about me. That is not a statement about my integrity or maybe the lack thereof in others. It's not hard to sniff out the bat shit crazy around here. To make the screening process more difficult for the masses to avoid a few is just confusing.

The biggest problem with not using real info is ability to abuse it. A gent can be Tony to one lady and Rick to another. If a session goes south and he is jerk fake name and throw away number are gone and there is no way to alert others. It makes giving references tough, lots of guys have used the anonymity to set fake appointments, a lot of things can happen. Anonymous jerks are a way bigger problem than bat shit crazy providers. There has to be a balance, I do agree that asking for too much personal info is wrong but gents have to understand that some info like a name is going to be needed for safety.

I will say it again, take into consideration all of those that are giving up their info and no harm is coming to them. From MY EXPERIENCE in the past five years most gents contact you from their personal cell/email. These same guys are also calling other girls and over the years that has resulted in thousands of perfectly safe sessions. You asked me outright if I shared personal info and I answered, you made this about me. That is not a statement about my integrity or maybe the lack thereof in others. It's not hard to sniff out the bat shit crazy around here. To make the screening process more difficult for the masses to avoid a few is just confusing.

The biggest problem with not using real info is ability to abuse it. A gent can be Tony to one lady and Rick to another. If a session goes south and he is jerk fake name and throw away number are gone and there is no way to alert others. It makes giving references tough, lots of guys have used the anonymity to set fake appointments, a lot of things can happen. Anonymous jerks are a way bigger problem than bat shit crazy providers. There has to be a balance, I do agree that asking for too much personal info is wrong but gents have to understand that some info like a name is going to be needed for safety.

How do you know what harm is or isn't coming to "all" those johns who give out personal info?

I never told you, or any other hooker, that you had no right to screen. And I never told you, or any other hooker, how much info you could ask for. My comments have been directed at the JOHNS -- and my advice TO THEM is: don't give it out.

You keep wanting to argue with me, and I haven't really disagreed with you that much. You can screen all to hell & back, for all I care.

How do you know what harm is or isn't coming to "all" those johns who give out personal info?

I never told you, or any other hooker, that you had no right to screen. And I never told you, or any other hooker, how much info you could ask for. My comments have been directed at the JOHNS -- and my advice TO THEM is: don't give it out.

You keep wanting to argue with me, and I haven't really disagreed with you that much. You can screen all to hell & back, for all I care.

Your first piece of advice was directed at my comment. You asked me if I was going to share personal info if I was asking for it after I stated that I didn't screen in that way. We disagree that a real name should be shared. If you don't care then keep your "bat shit crazy hooker" comments to yourself but obviously you do care because there is no lack of opinion from you. If your comments are for the johns then quit quoting me and asking me direct questions.

The fact is the good outweighs the bad in this industry you can feel confident about that or move on and find something else to do with your money.

What you say is true, but the argument she is making here is for the sake of the much larger audience of lurkers......the ones she and others have to convince to give up their screening info.

.........I had a gentleman give me all of his personal information voluntarily the other day.:eek: Phone number, full name, employment and position. I could see way more info on him than I ever needed to know. I did advise him to please be careful with what he gives out in the future. YIKES

I had the misfortune of starting in this activity without seeing many threads like this......and I wish I had. I revealed the full monty to my first provider who asked for screening.......pretty much everything Holly listed. I am fortunate in that I selected a reputable provider, but Holly's final word is right: YIKES!

There is a provider out there than can pretty much deliver a thermonuclear strike to my life. And even though I trust her, I wish it wasn't so. I regret giving as much info as I did.

So.....if you are thinking of doing this and just starting out......my advice would be:

Anonymous disposable cell phone set up using a ficticious name.

Anonymous email account set up using a ficticious name. If you use this email account at home, use it through an IP spoofing service like TOR. A good alternative is a bootable secure jumpdrive like ironkey......which you can get from Amazon.

Leave your cellphone and wallet locked in the car at the incall, or keep it close to you at all times.

Don't give out any more personal info than you have to. Instead, develop references and maybe a good reputation with a screen name, eccie account or (best) P411 account.

If you treat the gals with the respect they deserve, your references and reputation will be enough.

Edited by Mr.Bubble
speeling

Gr8owl--- Unfortunately this has happened in the past. I can not PM you how to do it, because I do not know how or have a need to know. Not everyone is here for simple fun, and some of us have had to learn the hard way, that not everyone is nice. I'm glad you have not had to endure this behavior.

I was only trying to point out it is not as quick and simple as it was being made to sound. I knew a provider a few years back that seemed to have a lawyer, accountant, carpenter, you name it as a former or current client at her disposal for help. It was uncanny - and a bit scary in terms of "they don't keep your personal info" - how her "black book" contained seemingly every occupation! So if a lady had a similar list of clientele that included a p.i., or tow operator, etc. I suppose it is possible. But for back-up to what I am saying (and I have tried for legit reasons):

From Dept. of Revenue website:

Colorado State law and the Federal Driver's Privacy Protection Act (DPPA) state that the department shall not disclose or otherwise make available to any person or entity personal information about any individual obtained by the department in connection with a motor vehicle.

For a person to purchase a record other than their own, they must declare their intended use of that record, or they must have the signature of the person in interest authorizing them to inspect the record. Record searches are available for vehicles based on VIN or title number only. To protect personal identification information, records searches may not be completed based on license plate number or owner name. The department maintains imaged records for seven years plus the current year only.

If there is a record in the motor vehicle system, the search will provide the vehicle description, the lien information, if there is a lien on the vehicle the name and mailing address of the owner will be provided, when appropriate.

The Department requires that the Statement of Fact be included with the Motor Vehicle Record Search Request for all record search and title history requests. The Statement of Fact is required to explain the reason the information is being requested. In order to process the request these forms need to be completed in full.

And the required statement of fact form:

http://www.colorado.gov/cs/Satellite?blobcol=urldata&blobheader=application%2Fpdf&blobkey=id&blobtable=MungoBlobs&blobwhere=1251855825777&ssbinary=true

So my point was no need to panic, it is not easy. The red highlighting I added - the highlighting, not the language. But possible if she really wants to bad enough - yeah probably, if she has the right "help" on her list - the one she doesn't keep!! :rolleyes:

What you say is true, but the argument she is making here is for the sake of the much larger audience of lurkers......the ones she and others have to convince to give up their screening info.

.........I had a gentleman give me all of his personal information voluntarily the other day.:eek: Phone number, full name, employment and position. I could see way more info on him than I ever needed to know. I did advise him to please be careful with what he gives out in the future. YIKES

I had the misfortune of starting in this activity without seeing many threads like this......and I wish I had. I revealed the full monty to my first provider who asked for screening.......pretty much everything Holly listed. I am fortunate in that I selected a reputable provider, but Holly's final word is right: YIKES!

There is a provider out there than can pretty much deliver a thermonuclear strike to my life. And even though I trust her, I wish it wasn't so. I regret giving as much info as I did.

So.....if you are thinking of doing this and just starting out......my advice would be:

Anonymous disposable cell phone set up using a ficticious name.

Anonymous email account set up using a ficticious name. If you use this email account at home, use it through an IP spoofing service like TOR. A good alternative is a bootable secure jumpdrive like ironkey......which you can get from Amazon.

Leave your cellphone and wallet locked in the car at the incall, or keep it close to you at all times.

Don't give out any more personal info than you have to. Instead, develop references and maybe a good reputation with a screen name, eccie account or (best) P411 account.

If you treat the gals with the respect they deserve, your references and reputation will he enough.

If you treat the gals with the respect they deserve, your references and reputation will he enough.

IMHO, this is the best advice in this thread.

When a john plays russian roulette with his personal info, it's only a matter of time before he runs out of empty chambers.

This is not true. I've given out my full name, address, phone, employer, and ID. Whatever the makes the girl comfortable, is what I supply. It's been 25 years since I started this, and I've probably seen more "bat shit crazy" girls than most, and NO ONE EVER EVEN THREATENED ME.

Why? They had no reason to.

I'm pretty sure I'm not uncommon, and that most guys never have any problem.

Feel free to post more paranoid rants, and claims that hundreds of guys are at risk. It'll do a whole lot of good. :rolleyes:

http://www.theotherboard.com/forums/showpost.php?p=298650&postcount=17

I stand by what I said 2 years ago on the subject.

The provider, no matter how "reputable", can turn you life upside down in 5 minutes if they have enough information about you.

IF you have anything to loose, guard your info as if you are dealing with a known thief/crook. Frankly, everyone has something to loose. Even me that is single and who's employment has is not in the spotlight. I do value my reputation with friends, family and neighbors.

Yes, ASP's have a need to feel safe. Unfortunately, we have know idea who is going to flip out if their panties get in a knot.