Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

So...an honest question for everyone.

68 posts in this topic

I can't stand the no phone thing. If its email only, I move on.

I tried scheduling with Olivia and got a response through email with a signature that said sent by iphone... or what ever the stock iphone signature is. So she does have a phone, but doesn't want to use it.

yes all of her emails were sent via iphone so she does have a phone and chooses not to use it.

She also disregarded my emails stating I was still waiting ( after 2.5 hrs of waiting) and just decided to leave...I really tried.

I have zero hard feelings, I truly am sure she is lovely. Sorry Olivia for my part.

Olivia,

I'm not saying that you wasn't right. .. well, yeah I actually am. Not necessarily about the 1st part, but about the second appointment.

You should have seen the man, after he let you know he was in the lobby for hours.

Maybe you were tired, I don't know, but even then, it was only a half hour appointment, which you booked.

He was wrong about being late, yet he emailed you he will be late, and you are trying to crucify him? These men do not owe you (or any of us)anything until they are in the room with you, but we are responsible for guiding them to the room...and honey, if you are getting your emails on your phone, set to refresh every 15min, you can't do anything you, as a provider, are supposed to do.

Tell you a secret: Walmart has track phones for $30 and 480 min for another $30. There! Every one should be able to get ahold of you, no more late emails, no more miss communication. .:)

I

A failure in this situation's business practice.

"E-mail only"

Oh, sir, I respectfully disagree.

Had a recent encounter with a Denver lady while neither of us were in Denver. Fairly unfamiliar ground for both of us. Our only communication was by email. Yet, I found her on time and she let me in on time. Smartphones are great....you ought to get one!

It's hard to say but my judgment is in favor for the defendent. Plaintiff is here by order to pay prostitution fees of one sit on face. May god have mercy on your soul.

Walk away. If you had met, you would be walking away slowly with that scared look then running .

I find no reason for him to act that way, other than stalking or sizing you up for something.

I agree, trust your instincts. I've been in situations where a gal's phone died or mine did, but email? I think he was making excuses or hiding other motives.

:confused:

Oh, sir, I respectfully disagree.

Had a recent encounter with a Denver lady while neither of us were in Denver. Fairly unfamiliar ground for both of us. Our only communication was by email. Yet, I found her on time and she let me in on time. Smartphones are great....you ought to get one!

If she had a smart phone she could have called him.:D

If she had a smart phone she could have called him.:D

Lol.......true dat!

So I'm just going to say I wish I'd never even mentioned this..I just wanted honest opinions, had I wanted to just blast this person, I would of just thrown it all out there the entire conversation..sure it would of been removed but it would of proved the actual truth of the story. I'm not sure if this will even stay up which is fine I will say that I do find the review comments to be unfair due to the fact I had more than a few fantastic reviews which due to my own privacy and safety concerns were taken down. I requested the reviews to be removed. The reviews were mostly by very active board members...so the dispute of how big of a chance there is that I will behave a certain way is completely amusing to me. I was taken off the do not review list due to what I say was a completely false review, the board has rules, I get that...do I think they are completely fair not really. No matter what someone chooses to write in a review....it goes up as long as they can verify it's a real account they are active on the board, have reviewed before. I can have all the communication thru email saved...doesn't matter. I can write a rebuttal but...really who cares it then is a he said she said. That's all just fine, I understand the rules. However if anyone wants to base their opinion of me strictly off reviews it would be nice if they were all actually up. I did not want reviews due to personal reasons...due to one person I am now off the do not review list which is fine...but I feel that if I am going to be reviewed all my reviews should be up. Now as far as the phone issue...yes I have a phone, yes just like all of you I have a life outside of this, so I choose to work thru email so I can communicate with clients and providers durning my day...while still living my life. This isn't my entire life and I am discrete that's my choice. How anyone feels about how I choose to communicate isn't my issue. I know how much phones cost, that isn't my issue, it's that I don't have a reason for having two phones to give my family and friends. I don't assume everyone will like me or that I will get along with everyone. What I do expect is to be treated as a person. You respect me, I respect you. You choose to be rude, demanding or just lack any type of manners or class then I in turn choose not to spend time with you. Why....because I can, because I value myself. I don't really even believe this has become such a huge ordeal...the thing is I don't get on here much because I see that people attack each other...maybe because they are bored or maybe because they don't feel very good about themselves. So getting on here and criticizing someone they don't even knows question or response makes them feel better, who knows. Point is I don't care what people that have never met me think of me, they don't know me. I'm not a fake person, I won't pretend to like you if your a dick, sorry...not going to happen. However you treat me nicely, then you'll love me. I am genuine and real and I'm not for everyone..that's life not everyone likes each other. ..If all my reviews were actually up you could see that the only people who have anything bad to say are the ones that are mad because I didn't see them or didn't allow them to treat me poorly. Any one can act like they like you...how impressive is that really.,.its not. So I won't post on here again...I really thought I could get actual constructive advice, guess not.

Actually, I show up a little late for appointments all the time (it's one of my many shortcomings)... and the business people that I deal with, all handle it in a very respectful way.

Usually they can make time for me, and if they can't, they don't.

But one thing they NEVER do is go running to a public message board to bitch about me, nor do they attempt to smear my reputation with other people because of it.... but then again, they are professionals.

Late is my middle name, or it really should be. So like Oxymoron, many of us who consider ourselves part of the the human description fit this tendency. The only thing I could possibly add to this is -always pay attention to your own hoe-dar (thanks again Destiny for that, I absolutely luv you girl!!),or spidey -sense, or radar in layman's terms. Mine has been acute enough that I have not won any of Darwin's so-called awards.;):D

yes all of her emails were sent via iphone so she does have a phone and chooses not to use it.

She also disregarded my emails stating I was still waiting ( after 2.5 hrs of waiting) and just decided to leave...I really tried.

I have zero hard feelings, I truly am sure she is lovely. Sorry Olivia for my part.

If you have zero hard feelings after waiting in a lobby for 2.5 hours, well, you are a nice guy indeed. What an unfortunate situation, you blew it by being late, but she blew it by being uncommunicative.

Off setting penalties? Well, I think the first infraction is a 5-yard false start penalty and replay the down. The lack of communication, however, is a 15-yard personal foul -- automatic first down.

What a fucked up mess and a total waste of time for all parties. She should have simply communicated, sucked off this gent in 15 minutes flat, and collected her money. Sometimes I marvel at how difficult it can be for well-intentioned horny guys to give away their money.

If you have zero hard feelings after waiting in a lobby for 2.5 hours, well, you are a nice guy indeed. What an unfortunate situation, you blew it by being late, but she blew it by being uncommunicative.

Off setting penalties? Well, I think the first infraction is a 5-yard false start penalty and replay the down. The lack of communication, however, is a 15-yard personal foul -- automatic first down.

What a fucked up mess and a total waste of time for all parties. She should have simply communicated, sucked off this gent in 15 minutes flat, and collected her money. Sometimes I marvel at how difficult it can be for well-intentioned horny guys to give away their money.

If you are talking about this thread................. +1

Perhaps the only answer is for each to move on. I find it a little creepy, and far from discreet, that a guy would wait in a hotel lobby for almost 3 hours under these (or any) circumstances.

Perhaps the only answer is for each to move on. I find it a little creepy, and far from discreet, that a guy would wait in a hotel lobby for almost 3 hours under these (or any) circumstances.

You have a point there.

I have had experiences similar to this.

1) When a client is driving to an appt. communication is going to be a problem. It is not the woman's fault but she needs to be aware of it.

2) I also think that when a client does not do EXACTLY as expected providers tend to get pretty uncomfortable. Clients need to be aware of this.

I've had ASP's be late, forget, NCNS - no amount of bitching-and-moaning, posting-to-a-public-forum, blasting-them-on-email will ever fix the problem, prove that I was right, etc. IMO, the ASP is ALWAYS on the right side of the argument. Whether or not YOU are on the right side of the argument is beside the point. The meetup, the expectations got fucked up - it doesn't matter by whom.

So your feelings are hurt but it's time to move on. There are plenty of other opportunities for fun. But this won't be the last time you will be stood up - it will happen again and again. What are you going to do next time?

I've screwed up on my end, too - said stupid things on the phone while driving to an appointment. When I got the silent treatment (no final directions) for the second call, I knew my appointment was cancelled. Chalk it up to experience, learn your lesson, and call someone else.

TLDR

Gawd, give it up already. You're not helping yourself at this point. I can only imagine how many johns have crossed you off their lists by now...

So I'm just going to say I wish I'd never even mentioned this..I just wanted honest opinions, [...] </paragraphs are your friend>

Actually I am glad you mentioned this; it can be a learning experience for everyone - if they choose to try to learn from experience anyway.

The gentleman was late. There is no excuse for that - including heavy traffic. Google Maps is a great tool. Now a multi-car pileup, woman giving birth, alien abduction, rapture, OK those would probably be good excuses.

However what made this more difficult than it had to be was the chosen method of communication. Because of that I, personally, have to find more fault with you because it is YOUR chosen method of communication as well as because you are the "business" in this scenario.

Further I honestly don't care if you had 1,000 fantastic reviews, the fact is that you have 1 other recent review that indicates that your chosen method of communication is affecting your ability to do business AND that you choose to blame the client rather than considering that maybe an email or two did not come through in a timely manner, or at all.

So, while you seem perfectly lovely, that 1 review is enough that I would have to consider that the increase in likelihood that there may be a problem outweighs the pleasant possibilities especially when there is plenty of competition to choose from. If this is acceptable to you, please take $600 every week for at least the next 6 months and flush it down the toilet. Because that is pretty much what you are doing.

Choose to take this however you want. After all, what do *I* know about business?

Actually, I show up a little late for appointments all the time (it's one of my many shortcomings)... and the business people that I deal with, all handle it in a very respectful way.

Usually they can make time for me, and if they can't, they don't.

But one thing they NEVER do is go running to a public message board to bitch about me, nor do they attempt to smear my reputation with other people because of it.... but then again, they are professionals.

Olivia did NOT mention the clients name. There is no attempt to slander anyone here- the client in fact outed himself voluntarily. She is explaining a scenario so she can get some constructive feedback - if anything you have just unfairly slammed her.

30 mins may have been too late as she may have had other appointments or commitments for the evening. In some scenarios I would see someone that was running 30 mins late, in others I simply can't. I'm not going to push other appointments to accommodate in this scenario, it's not fair in respect to other clients time. Also demanding / requesting someone come down to the lobby is not only inappropriate but dangerous to the privacy and safety of the provider. In my opinion she didn't do anything wrong.

If what she said/he said is accurate, the one thing she did wrong was to agree to meet several hours later and then pull a no show. She should have been honest and told him she did not care to see him after he was too late to the scheduled appointment.

So I'm just going to say I wish I'd never even mentioned this..I just wanted honest opinions, had I wanted to just blast this person, I would of just thrown it all out there the entire conversation..sure it would of been removed but it would of proved the actual truth of the story. I'm not sure if this will even stay up which is fine I will say that I do find the review comments to be unfair due to the fact I had more than a few fantastic reviews which due to my own privacy and safety concerns were taken down. I requested the reviews to be removed. The reviews were mostly by very active board members...so the dispute of how big of a chance there is that I will behave a certain way is completely amusing to me. I was taken off the do not review list due to what I say was a completely false review, the board has rules, I get that...do I think they are completely fair not really. No matter what someone chooses to write in a review....it goes up as long as they can verify it's a real account they are active on the board, have reviewed before. I can have all the communication thru email saved...doesn't matter. I can write a rebuttal but...really who cares it then is a he said she said. That's all just fine, I understand the rules. However if anyone wants to base their opinion of me strictly off reviews it would be nice if they were all actually up. I did not want reviews due to personal reasons...due to one person I am now off the do not review list which is fine...but I feel that if I am going to be reviewed all my reviews should be up. Now as far as the phone issue...yes I have a phone, yes just like all of you I have a life outside of this, so I choose to work thru email so I can communicate with clients and providers durning my day...while still living my life. This isn't my entire life and I am discrete that's my choice. How anyone feels about how I choose to communicate isn't my issue. I know how much phones cost, that isn't my issue, it's that I don't have a reason for having two phones to give my family and friends. I don't assume everyone will like me or that I will get along with everyone. What I do expect is to be treated as a person. You respect me, I respect you. You choose to be rude, demanding or just lack any type of manners or class then I in turn choose not to spend time with you. Why....because I can, because I value myself. I don't really even believe this has become such a huge ordeal...the thing is I don't get on here much because I see that people attack each other...maybe because they are bored or maybe because they don't feel very good about themselves. So getting on here and criticizing someone they don't even knows question or response makes them feel better, who knows. Point is I don't care what people that have never met me think of me, they don't know me. I'm not a fake person, I won't pretend to like you if your a dick, sorry...not going to happen. However you treat me nicely, then you'll love me. I am genuine and real and I'm not for everyone..that's life not everyone likes each other. ..If all my reviews were actually up you could see that the only people who have anything bad to say are the ones that are mad because I didn't see them or didn't allow them to treat me poorly. Any one can act like they like you...how impressive is that really.,.its not. So I won't post on here again...I really thought I could get actual constructive advice, guess not.
Don't be upset girly just pay your fine and move on. Most people will forget all about this. This was a tough call to make. I feel for you when all these people are like blah blah blah Olivia bad blah blah. But if it's any constellation I think it was brave and very honorable the way you stood up for yourself. :') Anyways the whole I won't ever post here again I hate you guys is kind of juvenile. Don't let one bad experience and couple assholes get the best of you. I think you should keep on posting here that way we can get to know you better. Just saying.

Hope you still post here, your way of communicating with setting up appointments is different, but that is your choice. If people knew why you are so careful, I think most people would understand. Being late to an appointment would make it tough to get a hold of someone where there is no number to call. There is a golf term-mulligan , or you get to do it over again. I think you both should get a mulligan and chock it up to experience.

If what she said/he said is accurate, the one thing she did wrong was to agree to meet several hours later and then pull a no show. She should have been honest and told him she did not care to see him after he was too late to the scheduled appointment.

^^^^^ exactly.

Bringing it to a public forum was not necessary, nor was it a good idea.

Particularly since her idea of "constructive feedback" is only that which coddles her. If a person can't handle hearing people's honest opinions about their behavior, they shouldn't ask for feedback!

texting is not a safe thing to do while driving

pick up the damn phone and TALK

QUOTE=nairobi09;361734]

2) I also think that when a client does not do EXACTLY as expected providers tend to get pretty uncomfortable. Clients need to be aware of this.

Perhaps the only answer is for each to move on.

I find it a little creepy, and far from discreet, that a guy would wait in a hotel lobby for almost 3 hours under these (or any) circumstances.

this mirrored my thoughts....

unfortunate situation really

I think I would have to agree with celeste on this as well. Olivia did not out anyone and she just asked for our opinions on what she should have done. Whether she chooses to use email as primary means of communication is her business even if it is not the business decision that some of us would choose to maximize profits. I am not sure why she would agree to meet the person later but just the fact that they kept emailing and waited in the lobby for between 2 to 3 hours would freak me out as well and I would probably have sent an email saying we would have to meet another time and not today. I don't really blame her for being skeptical of someone she has not met before waiting for hours in the hotel lobby. I try to spend the least amount of time possible in the lobby.

So now that we know the names of the individuals it was the hobbyist that outed himself and we should stick to the question we were asked to comment on and not criticize either for THEIR mistakes. You weren't there and weren't putting youself in possible situations you weren't comfortable with.

My answer is screen better and I would be open to all avenues of communication in order to maximize profits and promote customer satisfaction.