Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mustang87

No text messaging

10 posts in this topic

I understand a lot of girls prefer a call to a text. I was looking at an ad that said "I do not accept texts, please call." I called and did not get an answer. A few minutes later I got a text from the number saying "hello." I guess they wanted to have it both ways. :)

maybe their different take on screening or something

I prefer text, or emails over calling. I only had to talk to one over te phone. For some reason I just don't like doing that. Of course the same goes for everything. I would much prefer talk to fiends or family via text. Easier to multi task.

Agreed. I just found it interesting that she said she preferred a call over text, then returned my call with a text.

I prefer text, or emails over calling. I only had to talk to one over te phone. For some reason I just don't like doing that. Of course the same goes for everything. I would much prefer talk to fiends or family via text. Easier to multi task.

I don't care for texting. I like to hear a lady's voice. If a lady stipulates "text only", I generally move on.

Agreed. I just found it interesting that she said she preferred a call over text, then returned my call with a text.

Join p411..most gals there do not mind the text when 411 id is included love....

IMO when you post your number on ads for ALL to see I dont see the benefit in even posting those terms (do not text me):confused:

Not every one has the respect a lot of ladies desire when booking gatherings :eek:

If it is an issue to most, then just go old school...Do the voice mail bit.. Leave your name number and interest on voice-mail and they will call YOU back...

But in MOP since the Iphone,smartphones and IM's there's really no need for a text...

It's a woman's prerogative to change her mind, over and over and........:D

I get the impression that many providers would like to hear your voice before they meet for the first time. In your case, the voice mail didn't raise any red flags so she probably felt comfortable texting back. Texting is often preferred once they know you or can recognize your number. Nothing to get worked up about. Actually, I think it's a good way to go on both sides till you're more acquainted.