Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
leonknows

Permission to Review?

24 posts in this topic

I recently mentioned I'd read a review on the provider I was with and she blew up! She ranted about not giving "permission" to be reviewed. I've never asked a provider if I could review her. Isn't the review for "us guys"? Especially if it's a bad experience (this was) . . . Opinions?

To review or not to review that is the question. argue.gif If she did not give permission she should be on the do not review list. JMO

I (usually) mention that I would like to post a review and some ladies have asked me not to, even though I enjoyed the session. There have been many reasons why not, but regardless, I respect their wishes.

Now, if it was a particularly bad session, I won't even bother to ask, and will post a review to aid my fellow hobbyists. But I've avoided those in recent years with some good research upfront.

keep on keeping on Leon. Bad reviews are actually more useful than the usual "fantastic" or "best I ever had" stuff.

...Bad reviews are actually more useful than the usual "fantastic" or "best I ever had" stuff.
This has been discussed several times about the review ratings. If I go to a steak restaurant (regardless of chain or high-end) and I have a steak and service that exceeded my expectations, why wouldn't a rating be Fantastic or Very Good for that restaurant? I think this example (to me) serves well why the review ratings need to be as honest as possible.

Now, I will admit that bad reviews serve the community much better than good reviews do, no matter how awkwardly they may be to write. To the OP, like others have mentioned, if a lady doesn't want to be review and states this, I will respect her wishes. Otherwise, she should be on the DNR list and let the chips fall where they may.

..... if a lady doesn't want to be review and states this, I will respect her wishes. Otherwise, she should be on the DNR list and let the chips fall where they may.

If she's not on the DNR list, it's the provider's responsibility to fix that--even if she's not aware of the DNR list.....

That said, I would respect a provider's wishes not to review, if the session were good or higher. OTOH, if it was a piss-poor performance, she doesn't get to opt out of the potentially bad review. In this case, the greater good is served for the most numbers in posting a bad review, and it trumps her demand for no reviews--until such time, at least, as her name appears on the DNR list.

As the other gents have said, if I had a positive experience I ask the lady if she's ok with me writing a review. If I had a negative experience, the review is going up without her permission.

I recently mentioned I'd read a review on the provider I was with and she blew up!

Wow.....I bet that was a sight. Wish I could have been there :P

276519c7047182003e6cbaab524a1bdc

If she's not on the DNR list, it's the provider's responsibility to fix that--even if she's not aware of the DNR list.....

That said, I would respect a provider's wishes not to review, if the session were good or higher. OTOH, if it was a piss-poor performance, she doesn't get to opt out of the potentially bad review. In this case, the greater good is served for the most numbers in posting a bad review, and it trumps her demand for no reviews--until such time, at least, as her name appears on the DNR list.

I agree. some but not all are on that list because they can't get a good review anyway. I might be in the minority on this but I have always used the DNR as a list of who not to see.

To the OP, if she is not on the DNR post a review if you like. it's your review not hers.

I agree. some but not all are on that list because they can't get a good review anyway. I might be in the minority on this but I have always used the DNR as a list of who not to see.

To the OP, if she is not on the DNR post a review if you like. it's your review not hers.

I also agree. Our peers are constantly admonishing us to do our research before seeing a provider. The majority of that research involves reading reviews to determine reliability and what kind of session she generally offers. This is, of course, impossible if she has no reviews.

Having no reviews is not, by itself, a red flag. Maybe she's new. But being on the DNR list is automatic disqualification for me. Not only is there no information available, but it's clear she doesn't want that information to be available. Her reasons don't really matter -- it keeps me from gathering information.

some but not all are on that list because they can't get a good review anyway. I might be in the minority on this but I have always used the DNR as a list of who not to see.

i appreciate your judicious use of a qualifier, boink. however while your statement may be true, i'm left compelled to explain some of the logic behind why myself & presumably some other providers may choose to opt out of the review system. personally, i have a couple different reasons for doing so. for starters, & i assume this may be the prevailing factor for most, i'm simply not at ease with the extent of detail which is often divulged. were it a simple rating system (4 stars out of 5, etc) or thumbs up, thumbs down than that would be one thing. i'd be at peace with that. but that's not how it works. & i value my own privacy, discretion as highly as i do my clients. which is to say greatly so. & am unwilling to compromise this.

secondly, & yet at least for myself, of even highest importance... i value freedom of authenticity. i did have several reviews back in the day when i was affiliated with an agency. they were all stellar & indeed profitable for business. however, i requested they be pulled & proceeded to place myself on the dnr list upon my independence. in truth, i found the experience to be a distraction. my awareness of a client's reviewer status in some ways having prevented me from fully connecting with my natural heart-space. i'd end up with a shining review nevertheless, yet it has been my instinctive belief that the sessions would likely have unfolded even more pleasurably... & organically... without the aid of such pressure. i offer my clientele a share of my time & company. never a set run-through of specific services. i am entitled to free reign of expression, as well as reception. as are you. & i appreciate above all the exclusive connection that is only made possible through the purity of this synergetic exchange.

i completely understand & totally respect a client's motivations for wishing to see a review. in lieu of this, i offer my own special concession. so far everyone seems to have been left satisfied by my particular arrangement, including myself. trust & respect beget their return. i'm not sure whether other ladies on the dnr list may also have some special proposal of their choosing in place to offset the assumed risk, but i would imagine some very well may were one to inquire...

as to the op's experience which instigated this thread, i am sorry for him. & even for her. perhaps she be in the dark as to the existence of a dnr list (& her option to place herself on it)? yet that is solely her responsibility. she needn't have taken her duress over it out upon him.

I understand the point of view and whatever works best for each individual is what they should go with. But here is an alternative view. I value GREATLY my privacy and discretion. For career and work and other purposes it is absolutely imperative. So I tend to gravitate toward ladies that I know/believe value discretion and privacy as much as I do and who are likely to best protect mine while guarding theirs. That often leads me to those who do not want to be reviewed, whether on DNR or otherwise. I have not seen anywhere near all the ladies on DNR list so can't speak for most, but the few I have seen have provided outstanding service and experiences. It makes verification and research, etc. more challenging but for the most part so far so good. Probably not for all and if you can't spot most red flags a mile away maybe not recommended, but works for me.

in the alternative, there are various means through 'back channels' around here to get the information you need about providers. i'm not a big fan of reviews per se. i have to take them with a grain of salt, depending on the hobbyist writing them. they tend to read like 'dear Penthouse" missives for the most part, altho i'll confess to having occasional vicarious and lustful reactions.

in the alternative, there are various means through 'back channels' around here to get the information you need about providers. i'm not a big fan of reviews per se. i have to take them with a grain of salt, depending on the hobbyist writing them. they tend to read like 'dear Penthouse" missives for the most part, altho i'll confess to having occasional vicarious and lustful reactions.

I keep hearing about these "back channels", utr ladies, & so forth. For a guy like me.....relative newcomer, only gets to play a 10-20 or so times a year, and in two different communities at that......well, the back channels and utr gals are as elusive and mystical to me as the female g-spot. In my hobby lifetime, I'll never find them.......I just don't have the frequency of opportunities to make the right contacts.

As a result, I've stayed away from the dnr list. I don't have the contacts to get the info to choose wisely.....even though some of them have interested me. So I don't view a provider who doesn't allow reviews as bad. They're more like a differential equation that I will never be able to solve with my algebra 1 education.

Unfortunately, I think there is false information and some information without substance. To each his own though. I can certainly understand both sides, and each individual's preference.

I've always felt if they have other reviews, then they are fine with it, and I'll post a review.

I have had provider's ask me not to mention specific activities. Telling me that they don't usually offer certain activities to most people, and they don't want people expecting something they seldom offer. I'm perfectly fine with that and usually don't write graphic review anyway.

I use reviews personally to help me verify the provider is legit. And not to verify they provide anything all the time. As always YMMV.

I keep hearing about these "back channels", utr ladies, & so forth. For a guy like me.....relative newcomer, only gets to play a 10-20 or so times a year, and in two different communities at that......well, the back channels and utr gals are as elusive and mystical to me as the female g-spot. In my hobby lifetime, I'll never find them.......I just don't have the frequency of opportunities to make the right contacts.

As a result, I've stayed away from the dnr list. I don't have the contacts to get the info to choose wisely.....even though some of them have interested me. So I don't view a provider who doesn't allow reviews as bad. They're more like a differential equation that I will never be able to solve with my algebra 1 education.

one back channel here is chat.

and the g-spot is right in between the f-spot and the h-spot

just don't ask me to calculate the area below a curve because i always confuse calculus with clitoris

I kind of hate to say it because I respect that women may have a reason to be on the DNR list, but I am the same way. About 6 years ago I took a chance and saw one on the DNR list, and although it was OK it was nothing to write home about, and I felt that I could have spent the money just about with anyone else and had a better time. So why take that chance. Money is too tight these days to throw away $250 or $300 on a big maybe.

I kind of hate to say it because I respect that women may have a reason to be on the DNR list, but I am the same way. About 6 years ago I took a chance and saw one on the DNR list, and although it was OK it was nothing to write home about, and I felt that I could have spent the money just about with anyone else and had a better time. So why take that chance. Money is too tight these days to throw away $250 or $300 on a big maybe.

as i mentioned in my earlier post i employ my own special tactic in lieu of reviews. this serves to help mitigate the presumed risk that you feel you are taking by overlooking this one piece of the puzzle. i imagine some other providers on this list may also have come up with their own unique offerings to help alleviate potential new clients' fears. although this would only be my guess... but it never hurts to ask...

i'm simply not at ease with the extent of detail which is often divulged. were it a simple rating system (4 stars out of 5, etc) or thumbs up, thumbs down than that would be one thing. i'd be at peace with that.

as i mentioned in my earlier post i employ my own special tactic in lieu of reviews. this serves to help mitigate the presumed risk that you feel you are taking by overlooking this one piece of the puzzle. i imagine some other providers on this list may also have come up with their own unique offerings to help alleviate potential new clients' fears. although this would only be my guess... but it never hurts to ask...

This is not a difficult concept to understand. I don't know you and have no reason to think your reviews wouldn't be good if you had them but.....

If I'm going fishing for trout I don't go to a lake that's full of carp and has a few trout thrown in. I go to a lake that's full of trout with a few carp thrown in. how do I find such a lake you ask? I read the reviews on the fishing forum! but I take no offense from the trout or the carp who wish to maintain their privacy for discretionary reasons. :D

If I'm going fishing for trout I don't go to a lake that's full of carp and has a few trout thrown in. I go to a lake that's full of trout with a few carp thrown in. how do I find such a lake you ask? I read the reviews on the fishing forum! but I take no offense from the trout or the carp who wish to maintain their privacy for discretionary reasons. :D

& i take no offense to anglers who spend their time in well-known waters. although, i'm certain you're aware that some of the best fishing to be had often lies within the seclusion of remote & hidden gems :P

I do feel like you can do whatever you want. But I wouldn't ever leave someone a review without seeing what there opinion is about them. Some girls are just too sensitive and can't handle reviews even if they are good ones. But if she's a total bitch or a scam then she has it coming.