Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Shower!

32 posts in this topic

i may have discovered the REAL culprit:

According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, every year about 235,000 people over age 15 visit emergency rooms because of injuries suffered in the bathroom, and almost 14 percent are hospitalized. More than a third of the injuries happen while bathing or showering.

The bathroom injury rate for women was 72 percent higher than for men, the analysis found. Studies have shown that women are at higher risk than men for injuries in falls, and the authors speculate that the disparity might also be attributed to differences in physical activity[url=http://health.nytimes.com/health/guides/specialtopic/physical-activity/overview.html?inline=nyt-classifier], lower-body strength, bone mass or even more willingness to seek treatment.

The most hazardous activities for all ages are bathing, showering and getting out of the tub or shower. (Only 2.2 percent of injuries occur while getting into the tub or shower, but 9.8 percent occur while getting out.) Injuries in or near the bathtub or shower account for more than two-thirds of emergency room visits.

I'm a clean freak anyway and always shower, deodorant and brush teeth as close to contact time as possible. I even chew gum in the meanwhile.

But if a lady asks for a shower I don't hesitate. Company welcome to get wet with me (before and after) but I'll lather up upon request.

But here is my contribution to this thread for those that shower before a date: You also need to put on clean clothing especially underwear.

Sorry for the "Duh" moment but you'd be surprised.