Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Pity Advertising?

Will you book an appointment based on pity?   60 members have voted

1. 1. Will you book an appointment based on pity?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

25 posts in this topic

I am curious how effective pity advertising is. When you guys see a girl advertising "please help, need rent" does it pull on your heartstrings? Does it create a stir within your soul to book an appointment with her and help her out as soon as possible?

It is definitely not an avenue that I would ever be willing to take, but I guess if it works for some, then more power to them.

I am just curious how effective this line of advertising is.

Probably not........unless it was someone I already knew from outside the business. In that case, I'd help them out WITHOUT an appointment or letting them know I'd seen the ad.

Now, If they are advertising that they have'nt been laid in a long time and really need to get off....can someone please help? I'm there for you lady! 'Cause, baby, I feel your pain!

Yes I have. I don't care if it's for rent or something else, but I've responded too and have had some great times with some "pity advertising."

Maybe, but in such situations, I generally leave those decisions up to the little head. :D

I am curious how effective pity advertising is. When you guys see a girl advertising "please help, need rent" does it pull on your heartstrings? Does it create a stir within your soul to book an appointment with her and help her out as soon as possible?

It is definitely not an avenue that I would ever be willing to take, but I guess if it works for some, then more power to them.

Well, allegedly the "blue balls" story :rolleyes: has successfully convinced many a young lady to take pity on a young man, no doubt it has some amount of success.

Mind-blowing amazing experiences = much better than pity for regular business. :D

I wouldn't NOT see a girl because of it, but mostly it tells me she is either a scammer or a very poor money manager.

It's very effective . . . . . . . in influencing me not to call.

I always have a soft spot for single moms

Don't you mean a HARD spot?;)

Brings in to many complications. I have turned down free sex when pity seemed to be involved. Once with a girl who had been dumped by her boyfriend (pity and revenge) and another who offered to have sex if I would not end our dating relationship - we had just started dating and she was getting serious way to fast.

Defiantly would not book because of it but wouldn't stay away either.

I answered an ad (not on this venue or BP) for a single mom in need of help. Being an innocent (unaware of this board or any like it) I just wanted to see if her story was true, and if she was really in need of help. What I found was true: a young lady, divorced, down on her luck, needing rent, and to care for her child. Only shortly before our meeting ended, (nothing asked for or offered then) did I find out she provided massages and other services. Needless to say, this didn't change my opinion of her, nor did it deter me from seeeing her professionally. It turned out to be one of the longest lasting, mutually satisying/beneficial relationship I have had, that led to a friendship that continues to this day. I found this young lady to be bright, intelligent, beautiful, sexy, a good person with a great sense of humor, caring, and kind. A friend who helped me through a rough time in my life, for which I am very grateful. Who knew a chance meeting would turn into a long friendship? Always trust your inner voice and pay attention to your instincts. You never know who you might meet, how it will turn out, and how it will affect your future.

If you could trust that the advertiser is really down on her luck then yes. If she was on my must have list she would jump to the head of the line.

Unfortunately, odds are its a scam and what else is she willing to scam?

I voted No but thought later if it was someone I have been seeing and know I might make an appointment to help out. Someone new, I don't think that would make me more inclined to book an appointment.

I have booked based on a "please pity me" ad. However, it was a girl I had been wanting to visit. The ad offered a discounted rate over a longer period, so I booked.

It was partly the pity request, but mostly the discount, that caused me to schedule. I am a cheapskate. :eek:

Just depends. If someone I have seen before I most likely would. Someone who advertises on eb and has been on tob for awhile, Probably. Someone off BP doubt it.

I voted No but thought later if it was someone I have been seeing and know I might make an appointment to help out. Someone new, I don't think that would make me more inclined to book an appointment.

+1

Someone I've seen before and I'm interested in booking - OK

Otherwise, not helping her case.

Maybe. Or it might piss me off and I'd avoid her. Kinda depends on how it was done. I have a low tolerance for self pity unless I'm the one doing it. :D

Hell no. It brings up all sorts of negative connotations, about someone who is desperate, who likely does not enjoy doing this, who possibly feels exploited, and so on...

I have done that a couple times and each experience proved the adage .... no good deed goes unpunished.

No, such an ad makes me run away. I would assume that either the ad is a scam of some kind, or, if she really means it and I became her regular, she would constantly be hitting me up for loans for various financial emergencies.

Oddly, none of my "regulars" has ever made appeals of this kind (to my knowledge), either directly to me or in their ads that I've seen. Just lucky I guess.

I Have taken a few "need help" adventures, I have found the non-pro "needs" help when real, is a great time. One even became a fwb, with no help ever asked for again.

Someone's testing the water.:cool: