Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
EZRider

p411 WTF and response to price increase

21 posts in this topic

tried to renew p411, despite the outrageous price increase, got notice the transaction blocked--had to confirm it through the fraud prevention unit of the credit card company and then the transaction was approved.

This happen to all who've renewed?

Also, your reaction to price increase?

Price increase was what $40? About 11 cents a day. Give up a starbucks. Geez. If you do not like their price, do not renew. That is your choice...It is their choice to set the price.

As for the denial by your cc comany. Could be because it is a foreign bank transaction if I remember correctly.

Already been a thread on this subject. I for one am far more concerned over the prices at the gas pump than I am over my P411 dues increase. I gotta buy gas......P411 not so much.

I get great value from P411, and they are (I heard in the gutter) looking into adding a chat feature. While I might have balked at the price before joining, knowing what I know now I will happily renew at the new price.

The credit card issue happened to me, too. Big brother is watching...but in this case I was glad.

I had no problem when I renewed just prior to the price increase. Regarding the increase, I will have no problem paying the new price the next time. For what I get from P411, its more than worth it.

It's common for a CC company to contact the customer, and hold the purchase, anytime it involves a foreign country.

It's happened to me more than once. :cool:

I use P411 almost exclusively when I travel. I don't mind the price increase because of the peace of mind it gives me.

My reaction? I no longer have P411..:) I dont "hobby" enough anymore to pay 140 a year or whatever it went up too

got notice

This happen to all who've renewed?

Yes- the same thing happened to me and i was very upset. The credit card company had called our house to report a fraudulent activity and i was not home.

As far as the price increase, it is what it is. I might consider another company when I renew. The first issue is far more important and could have created a big problem for me :mad:.

Well...as Pfunk mentioned...it's very common for any responsible CC company to do this. I play a lot of on-line poker...and any time I run out of funds in my account, I have to go through the same scenario to replenish. I believe you have other options to pay with P411 though...you may want to do that next time.

Yes- the same thing happened to me and i was very upset. The credit card company had called our house to report a fraudulent activity and i was not home.

As far as the price increase, it is what it is. I might consider another company when I renew. The first issue is far more important and could have created a big problem for me :mad:.

When I was paying yearly I used money orders purchased from a local grocery store just to avoid the credit card trail of the transactions. I finally purchased a lifetime membership (by money order) to end the hassle of needing to send payments every year. Now my next payment due date in my membership info says I'm paid up through April of 3011. I may just let it lapse then. :D

Greybeard

Yes, the credit card company called me as well. They would only talk directly, and were very interested in the company. The call was scripted, and recorded. I asked if it was being recorded. They wanted me to say "yes", I had ordered the product, and verify I had knowledge of what the product was. Can anyone explain why they wanted this information?

... Can anyone explain why they wanted this information?

It's all part of 'out of pattern' spending and fraud detection. Probably one of the triggers is an international charge. If you haven't notified them that you're travelling, who made the charge? I recently got called about an online purchase I made from a company in Edinburgh. Start charging expensive jewerly or electronics, jet fuel, any high $ item out of pattern and you'll likely get a call. It used to be that most charges were approved by a pool of inbound telemarketers. Their in-house specs tend to be turn the charge around (approved or not) within 30 seconds; they assume the customer is standing there at the counter. It can be amazing to watch an old style "credit analyst" pour through a persons charge & credit history and decide whether or not to approve that charge for several thousand dollars worth of {whatever} in the time allotted. Now most of this analysis is done by computers, flagging the unusual for a phone call. If you'd been standing at the counter, the charge would likely have been declined.

As said, this is an already beat subject.

If P411 was gone you would miss it dearly. So would the girls. You are dumping two to four hundred an hour but you bitch about $140 a year?

CC companies. You would scream bloody murder if your card company authorized charges on your card that weren't yours but when they watch your back your pissed.

Getting caught by your SO. If you are gonna cheat on the one you love be smarter.

There are definite issues when using a credit card with our online processor, which is in the EU. Sorry about that, but unfortunately we are stuck because of the adult nature of the site, only EU banks will deal with us. So there is a good chance your cc company will contact you to verify the charge, just to be sure.

Alternative methods of payment are to call us (we have an alternate cc processor), prepaid credit card, money order and Western Union Quick Collect.

Edited by The Oxymoron

I paid C.I.M. the last few years and never had a problem.

As for the cost - its a free market... start your own competitive site, boycott or pay and enjoy... it is up to you.

:confused::confused::confused::confused: Did you cum in Gina's mouth...or did she cum in yours...and will Gina accept this as a form of payment from anyone...or just you:p

As for the cost - its a free market... start your own competitive site, boycott or pay and enjoy... it is up to you.

I always wondered if that worked. Glad to hear it did. I think next year, Im gonna C.I.M. too! Maybe Gina could enlighten us as to the percentage of C.I.M. that gets successfully deposited.

LOL...Yes...serious question.

I think next year, Im gonna C.I.M. too! Maybe Gina could enlighten us as to the percentage of C.I.M. that gets successfully deposited.

Personally, I love C.I.M.!!!! (cash in mail, get your mind out of the gutter you perverts!)

In all the years we've been in business (8 yrs omg time flies), we've had one C.I.M. reported missing (I get about 5 a week). We've had 2 money orders reported missing (I get about 10 a week).

What is even more strange to me, is that we've have about 20 mailed payments (C.I.M. and money orders) sent with absolutely no information to link to an account! hahahaha (eventually they turn up, and we are able to match the payments with dates and post marks)

If you are going to go the C.I.M. route, I recommend:

1. making sure the envelope is well sealed - one was completely open the other day (but still made it fine!).

2. wrap it in one piece of paper or put in a card... there is no need to wrap it in 50 pieces of paper!

3. use regular USPS with postage to Canada (Expedited mail is expensive and takes longer... not to mention I have to go to the damn post office to pick it up).

4. PUT YOUR CLIENT ID SOMEWHERE ON THE PAPERS!!

Always,

Gina

Membership in P411 is a chosen expense which I consider very much worth the cost. The payment: method I prefer to be discreet and not leave any paper trail. Plan ahead and pay cash for a money order, NOT USPS, and mail it. Works out perfect.

Personally, I love C.I.M.!!!! (cash in mail, get your mind out of the gutter you perverts!)

Always,

Gina

Get our minds out of the gutters???? Why, if we ever did that, you'd be out of business! :D

I understand the debate about the price increase and the CC info, but for a guy that travels, P411 is priceless.