Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ms.AvaRayne

Got Fake Money! :/

31 posts in this topic

So, I know exactly who gave me the fake 100...what to do now, besides black list? Can I put him on blast, should I contact him?

Give him one text to make it right.

Then....

Make sure every provider in Colorado knows who he is.

I'll say this...unless you know you can securely contact him...don't do that, and this is why I say this. He may not have realized that he gave you a fake 100. I get my funds directly from the bank...so I assume everything is legit, but I don't inspect the bills either, and I doubt most guys do. If you can contact him and let him know...he should be willing to correct the issue...if it was an honest mistake.

Now if you have a way of knowing he intentionally did it...fuck'em. It's the same as stealing...and all etiquite is off the table. Just don't get yourself in trouble;)

So, I know exactly who gave me the fake 100...what to do now, besides black list? Can I put him on blast, should I contact him?

Sure, you know who gave you a fake $100, but, are you sure he INTENTIONALLY did that? Who's to say he didn't get a fake and unintentionally pass it on?

Like Doug28 said, give him a chance to make good. If he's a douche about it, then ruin the guy's life by putting him all over the internet.

Sure but not on TOB.

If you can contact him privately I would do that and see if he is willing to make it right. I have a business and we got a fake $100 about a month ago. Lots of that going around these days. He could have passed it on innocently not knowing he had it or he could have deliberately passed it on thinking you don't have any recourse given the type of transaction it was. If he did it deliberately and is passing more of those things around he will not want people knowing who he is or what he looks like as that is a serious offense the government will prosecute. That may spur him to correct the situation. Or as in my situation I had to take the loss and move on but watching for this type of thing more closely.

I'm with Vegas on this one. Unless there is a picture of GWB or BO on the bill, there is no guarantee that he did it intentionally. If it is reported (as it should be) there will be some minimal type of investigation. You don't want that but most likely it won't be a problem for the gent. Give him a chance to do the right thing before deciding that he intentionally ripped you off.

Vic

Uh.Huh. I get a call from some random working girl: "He, 2Big, you gave me a fake Bennie."

How do I know you're telling the truth and not trying to work me over for more cash?

How do you know it's a fake?

Uh.Huh. I get a call from some random working girl: "He, 2Big, you gave me a fake Bennie."

How do I know you're telling the truth and not trying to work me over for more cash?

Having screwed up a donation myself in the past (not with bad bills, but simply being unable to count to four), I'm with the other guys who suggest giving the client a chance to make it right.

To address 2Big's good point above.....If I have given you a bad bill, I'm going to want it back so I can take to back to whoever gave it to me. I will happily give you another bill in its place.

Also, you can protect yourself by surreptitiously marking large denomination bills before you hand them over. I do this all the time.

That's all well and good...unless she doesn't notice either...and tries to use it or deposit it. If a cashier or bank teller catches it...they sieze it...and you have nothing to provide as evidence.

Having screwed up a donation myself in the past (not with bad bills, but simply being unable to count to four), I'm with the other guys who suggest giving the client a chance to make it right.

To address 2Big's good point above.....If I have given you a bad bill, I'm going to want it back so I can take to back to whoever gave it to me. I will happily give you another bill in its place.

Also, you can protect yourself by surreptitiously marking large denomination bills before you hand them over. I do this all the time.

Let's be honest: as soon as the client is out the door, your goose is pretty much cooked. Unless you're dealing with a total sucker.

Let's be honest: as soon as the client is out the door, your goose is pretty much cooked. Unless you're dealing with a total sucker.

Or someone who is honest.

Let's be honest: as soon as the client is out the door, your goose is pretty much cooked.

Yeah.

Eff the "classiness" of not counting money before/after a session. Even $20s now need to be checked good and hard that one is not getting fakes. Want to class it up a bit, do the old, "leave the donation in the bathroom" schtick, then when going in there for a wet cleanup towel and or "let me get ready" routine, do a quick scan of the mylar strips in the bills with the dollar amount on them to make sure you have real bills.

Eff the "classiness" of not counting money before/after a session. Even $20s now need to be checked good and hard that one is not getting fakes. Want to class it up a bit, do the old, "leave the donation in the bathroom" schtick, then when going in there for a wet cleanup towel and or "let me get ready" routine, do a quick scan of the mylar strips in the bills with the dollar amount on them to make sure you have real bills.

+1 on this. It doesn't bother me one bit if a lady wants to check the donation.

I would give the guy a chance to make it right. I would be willing to bet all of us have received and passed on fake bills not knowing it. I unknowingly gave a fake $10 to a gas station cashier. He said it was fake handed it back and I gave him a different bill. It wasn't a big deal but then again it was only $10.

Edited by mj76
spelling

The guy has no obligation to make anything "right". The girl can't really show that he is the one responsible for the fake bill.

My advice: check the bills before you accept them, or take down the serial #.

Other than that: tough tittie and chalk it up to experience.

He said it was fake handed it back and I gave him a different bill. It wasn't a big deal but then again it was only $10.

Yeah, but had he come back at you a couple of days later, you would have laughed in his face and walked away.

Yeah, but had he come back at you a couple of days later, you would have laughed in his face and walked away.

Maybe, that would depend on how he approached it and would have to have a good argument that it was me.

I would have given you real cash! :)

So, just to give the details, oh so juicy! "they" seized it, so therefor no point in even attempting to get money back from him. "Uh, Hi, so I saw you on blah blah day, I know it was you b/c you were the only client I saw that day (which in itself is hardly believable) and you accidentally gave me a fake hundo, wanna replace it for funzies?" Hahahaha, I would laugh at that one.

So, 2big, no matter how bitter you kinda always sound :), You are completely right on this one.

Also, for any of the ladies wanting the number of this guy, please feel free to pm me or text me and I will text you back with his number ;).

Contrails- I know :), too bad it wasn't you instead :/.

Jake- Always on the nose, you are.

To everyone else, thanks for the input. For every ass like this, I meet the 5 more that make me forget a day like that happened, so any sort of revenge or determination on getting doll hairs hardly seems worth it :).

Perhaps a little paranoid but I always take a digital picture of the donation before I leave for an appt. Ensure the serial numbers are legible in the pic. So's to avoid being scammed by the ASP. If she says "bad bill", I want to compare the SN with the pic - a real "bad bill"? I'll make good.

Ava, I just purchased a new Monopoly game and I can't wait to enjoy the fruits of my labors. This could be an awesome weekend......:D :D

tumblr_m7qwoxsd6n1ruq9mqo1_500.jpg

Ava, I just purchased a new Monopoly game and I can't wait to enjoy the fruits of my labors. This could be an awesome weekend......:D :D

tumblr_m7qwoxsd6n1ruq9mqo1_500.jpg

Oh ya baby! Were gonna have a fucking blast. Lol. My favorite kind of money, pink money, duh.

To avoid paying with cake cash i only pay for my funtime with change. Yes every bit of the donation is paid with loose change. Quarters,dimes,nickels,pennies and the odd dollar coin. Sure the large bag of change is a hassle to lug around but it beats giving counterfit money.:D

This is about the 3rd counterfeit thread we have had in the last couple of years. If anyone is interested, Sams Club has a counterfeit dectector machine available for under $30.00. Might be a good investment when talking about $50 or $100 bills. It is fairly small to haul around in a bag or suit case.

This is about the 3rd counterfeit thread we have had in the last couple of years. If anyone is interested, Sams Club has a counterfeit dectector machine available for under $30.00. Might be a good investment when talking about $50 or $100 bills. It is fairly small to haul around in a bag or suit case.

Anyone that has a membership ? Anyone? :)

I have a membership but am located in the springs.

...Sams Club has a counterfeit dectector machine...

IMO, why bother? $20-100 have a mylar strip on the left side of the bill, when looking at the face, that has the denomination value printed on it. Hold the bill up to any light, can easily read the dollar value. Add in the watermarks for the particular bills (eg. Franklin watermark on $100), color shifting ink, etc, just need to take a moment or two to spot a counterfeit.

I was in the Ukraine exchanging 100's and one happened to be a fake. I nearly got the police called. Luckily I was at a hotel and the lady realized it was honest as I had about a grand to exchange and not one. She kept it. She did call over some staff and it was an ordeal.

It was an honest mistake. People get fake coin more then we know.

Holla

Will be honest went I started in the business ohhh almost two yrs ago I felt like a fool was not only given 1 but 5 of these wonderful jems.. Trust me you can tell them the wonderful one who got me and a few other ladies didn't even let the dang ink dry.

Now so sorry am checking some lessons are a bit more costly to learn then others.

If he passed it on purpose you almost have to assume he made it himself, or is in direct contact with a counterfeiter. Why would someone in that position pass them off one at a time and risk being caught for a relatively small score. Seems must more likely it was passed to him and he passed it along. Give the guy a chance before you hang him out to dry.