Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
skimon

Another discreet dining thread

7 posts in this topic

Hey all-

I asked basically this same question a couple years ago - but hey you know - restaurants, like us, cum n go :-)

So I'm meeting a, ahem, "friend", for drinks and some food this week - early evening - 5-ish.

Looking for a place that has a good atmosphere - mid priced (not Capital Grille, etc) and offers maybe nice booths, maybe darker lighting, maybe more/most important not the hottest trendiest spot where I will bump into the 35+ yr old downtown business happy hour crowd (i.e. people I know) - but I'd like to be close to downtown if possible. Part of me is thinking BallPark area..or Highlands??

Last time many suggested Melting Pot but that is too far south. The conversation erroded to talking about Waffle House so maybe we can avoid that :-) I would think having a nice little stable of discreet restaurants would be valuable for many around here :-)

Thanks!

skimon

check out Brio on 1st ave. in cherry creek. sounds like the kind of place you're looking for.

Dazzle Jazz Club off of 9th & Lincoln has a very nice atmosphere and good food prices. If a band is playing, it makes your private conversation a bit more private :cool:

most important not the hottest trendiest spot where I will bump into the 35+ yr old downtown business happy hour crowd (i.e. people I know)

I find that crowd in every restaurant.

I like La Loma (Mexican, Highlands), Wazee Supper Club (American, LODO), and Sloans' Bar and Grill (American, Edgewater), for mellow and reasonable. :)

Brios, ya ya's in the dtc, papadaux's

Those are my fave's ;)