Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest sturgis man

Astrology, the Occult and Hobbying...

18 posts in this topic

Anybody refer to the stars before setting up an appointment?

Nancy Reagan would use astrology to help her husband schedule things at the optimum time! Anyone else in tune to this energy.

I have read many astrology books/web posts that often sound right on but are also ambiguous(sic?) enough to appeal to many different people/situations so I wonder if it's at all real or just parlor tricks.

However, I also love history and astrology is one of the oldest sciences so why isn't it taken seriously today?

Also, this stuff fascinates me cause if there is an afterlife I would surely like to know. Imagine sex in the afterlife! It would be great right?!?! If it is possible!

I have mixed feelings about this. A former girlfriend, when quite drunk, used to mumble

something about having dropped acid and done black magic while in college. Right after that I started checking for pentagrams under the bed.

Your mentioning of Nancy Reagan and sex in the afterlife doesn't help.

On the other hand, Tibetans took astrology quite seriously and they were notoriously lusty......

I would'nt call astrology science. Just because its an old belief, that doesnt make it science. You can rattle of huge lists of old science that we know today to be idiocy. Such as alchemy, or phrenology, or how about the idea that a witch will float while an innocent woman will sink and drown. If you want to be scientific in your hobbying choices, just flip a coin.

Ol' James Randi debunked astrology numerous times. In this youtube clip, he does it in less than two minutes.

Always.

I also like to sacrifice a chicken, have my hooker friends come over for a prayer circle and jerk off a Voodoo doll.

60% of the time it works every time.

Always.

I also like to sacrifice a chicken, have my hooker friends come over for a prayer circle and jerk off a Voodoo doll.

Oh no, dont do the chicken thing. Thats voodoo which is totally real and not to be dabbled with.

This is funny....I just wrote a paper on this very subject minus the hobbying part for my astronomy class. Bottom line Astronomy is not a science, and is a parlor trick. Science involves using the scientific method which cannot be done with astrology and astrologists actually run far and away from the scientific method.

Nancy Reagan would use astrology to help her husband schedule things at the optimum time! Anyone else in tune to this energy.

I have read many astrology books/web posts that often sound right on but are also ambiguous(sic?) enough to appeal to many different people/situations so I wonder if it's at all real or just parlor tricks.

However, I also love history and astrology is one of the oldest sciences so why isn't it taken seriously today?

Also, this stuff fascinates me cause if there is an afterlife I would surely like to know. Imagine sex in the afterlife! It would be great right?!?! If it is possible!

I can tell you for a fact there is sex in the afterlife and it's glorious. any of the other divorced guys here can confirm this. :D

I check two things. Is it a day that ends in "Y".

And has the sun come up. Or is it the sun gone down? I go both was on that.

I try to stay away from gals that have voodoo dolls in the corner.

This is funny....I just wrote a paper on this very subject minus the hobbying part for my astronomy class. Bottom line Astronomy is not a science, and is a parlor trick. Science involves using the scientific method which cannot be done with astrology and astrologists actually run far and away from the scientific method.

Astronomy is a parlor trick!? But seriously, I know what you meant and I completely agree. How the hell do you have time for your homework when you have other homework?

I've been told numerous time that I bear a striking resemblance to a voodoo doll. Really. :rolleyes:

I do not. Ever.

Because it isn't a science.

Always.

I love this girl!!! :P

It all depends on the mood :)

The science in astrology is in the psycology....what we're capable of convincing ourselves:o

Evening Sturgis,

As an unintersted party--might i just say "You have Way To Much Time On your Hand".