Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jimbois

Glass or Plastic for dildo material?

25 posts in this topic

I am curious as to how many of the ladies prefer the use of plastic (synthetic resins) dildos or the glass material? I am going to be making a gift of a dildo to a lady and I thought I would see what the preferences are. Your pros and cons are appreciatted.

OH! For the love of God and everything that is holy, glass dildos are horrible! They are cold and heavy and they do NOT feel good. For me anyways. I prefer rubber for my dildos...:P

OMYGOWD! Glass Toys are from Satan!!

My Bestie in Denver is an adult toy reviewer. She get two of everything.. (lucky me)... EVERY SINGLE TOY is plastic.. as she sends ones she will not give a positive review back to the maker.

My NEW fav is a vibrating dildo that looks like its an 8 inch layered/rippled ice cream cone from Dairy Queen! (create visual now)

PLASTIC

I agree with the other ladies that the glass dildos are heavy and not comfortable. I have a glass one, it's so damn pretty I never use it. It just sits on the mantle like a piece of art.

IMO... I hate glass dildos! I got my first glass one a couple months ago and used it once and it HURT! lol

Silcone dildos are so much better!!! xoxo

Glass dildos are not good for penetration. They are good for clit stimu and rubbing the pussy lips. You can soak a glass dildo in hot water to give it a nice warm feeling, or chill it (for some other gal). If it is to be a shared toy, it is not necessary to put condoms on it. Just wash it with soap, then boil it for a minute.

For penetration, rubber or silicone is my preference. The rabbit is OK once in a while. My favorite is a Hitachi Magic Wand. It plugs into the wall. I like that, because battery-operated vibrators get expensive. With the Hitachi, you have to struggle to put a condom on it; the knob is too big. It is good for clit stimu. If you want to use it for penetration, you have to buy a dildo attachment. It is worth every penny!

Well, reading all of that was a real learning experience. I made the mistake of reading this thread right before leaving work this morning. The bad thoughts, they are here now. Thanks just oodles for the ice cream visual, Angela! I didn’t want to get any sleep anyway. :eek:

I hope all y’all are happy, dammit! :mad:

For reasons of hygiene. Works well with any type of lube and can be sterilized with boiling hot water.

R

OMYGOWD! Glass Toys are from Satan!!

My Bestie in Denver is an adult toy reviewer. She get two of everything.. (lucky me)... EVERY SINGLE TOY is plastic.. as she sends ones she will not give a positive review back to the maker.

Even though the Oyster went out of business shortly after the owner died, I STILL get sex toys sent to me to review. (all products were always sent directly to my home..from dvds to toys ..never to the office )

Being single again,all of these toys are just sitting here ..unused.

that said..yes,the toy manufacturers are getting creative again....got an odd shaped glass one just the other day..but I'ld say about 90% of what was sent in 2012 were plastic. Glass must not sell.

hmmmmmmmmmm, thinking about changing my user name to glassdildo. :D

I am scared of the Magic Wand. On weekends, especially in this cold weather, I sometimes masturbate the day away and I'm afraid of having all the power of the MW. I think it's too much for me. I'm a fan of little plastic bullets. They take watch batteries (which are expensive little guys) but fast and portable. As to the OP: I think glass is almost novel. It's a nice "change" but not a daily "go to". Silicone all the way!!!

I know dildos are different than vibrators, but this one is my favorite and I prefer soft silicone:

product_image_81-thumb.jpg

http://jejoue.com/html/products/G-Ki/#Fuschia-tab

It was lovely while it lasted. Unfortunately, my dog ate it and at the moment I'm vibrator-less. :(

I purchased one today based on the above recommendation.

As a public service announcement, Fascinations has this product on sale for $50.00, (50% off regular price).

:D

Soft silicone. The glass ones are too hard, inflexible and cold, they only look cool.

I purchased one today based on the above recommendation.

As a public service announcement, Fascinations has this product on sale for $50.00, (50% off regular price).

:D

What?! Best news ever! I know where I'm headed tonight! Out to buy my new boyfriend! If things go well I might even introduce him to my parents. ;)

Be sure to soak it in bitter apple...or rub pepper on it...or just keep it on top of the fridge;)

What?! Best news ever! I know where I'm headed tonight! Out to buy my new boyfriend! If things go well I might even introduce him to my parents. ;)

Take a minute and go to square Peg Toys website and read about the different materials used and some of the chemicals they might contain.  I recently gifted my ATF three Square Peg Toys, and recently was able to use them with her.  The texture is indescribable.