Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Lovely_Leigh

How honest is "too honest"?

37 posts in this topic

I enjoy living alone. I would pull a Mia Farrow and Woody Allen and he could just live next door or something.

Agreed! If someone wanted to take me to the Bahamas for 5k for the weekend but I was suppose to see a movie with my SO, I would pack my bags faster than you could say "pack your bags".

And this is where independent (and newly single) Leigh says "Bye and hope you like wherever".

OK, since the topic is honesty, the above tells me that you are not ready for nor interested in what I would call a committed relationship. Not a dig, just an observation. But if it were me in a committed relationship and sweetie "packed her bags quicker than could say pack her bags" to spend a weekend with another guy even though we had plans, my response: don't bother taking your keys cause the locks will be different when you return. :) But, hey, everybody is different and I do wish you well.

Edited by gr8owl
typo

Sorry kiddo:(

You figure out how this shit works....please let me know. Until then...dogs aren't judgemental and love you unconditionally. Just sayin.

And this is where independent (and newly single) Leigh says "Bye and hope you like wherever".

Until then...dogs aren't judgemental and love you unconditionally. Just sayin.

Ya, but whenever I trot off to the Bahamas for the weekend, I've got to find a damn sitter for my dog.

I enjoy living alone. I would pull a Mia Farrow and Woody Allen and he could just live next door or something.

And if he wants a committed relationship, don't be surprised when he seeks it elsewhere. If all he wants is a friend w/Benefits, you're good to go.

Agreed! If someone wanted to take me to the Bahamas for 5k for the weekend but I was suppose to see a movie with my SO, I would pack my bags faster than you could say "pack your bags".

OK, since the topic is honesty, the above tells me that you are not ready for nor interested in what I would call a committed relationship. Not a dig, just an observation. But if it were me in a committed relationship and sweetie "packed her bags quicker than could say pack her bags" to spend a weekend with another guy even though we had plans, my response: don't bother taking your keys cause the locks will be different when you return. :) But, hey, everybody is different and I do wish you well.

Every relationship is different and communication is key to make sure you are both on the same page. I would help you pack your bags instead of changing the locks. Unfortunately jobs get in the way of relationships at times. I know I've missed plenty of holidays and special events because of my work.

Had this happen to me in college. Dating a great gal who was working her way thru college in this industry. Dated for close to the whole school year and she confided in me after a few months of dating. It's complicated how I felt. Part of me didn't care and supported her decision but over time I felt like I was looking over my shoulder and had to compete and perform all the time. My thinking was what if she saw a customer that was better in some respect, was I good enough or would she get bored etc? We ended up parting good friends and stayed as study buddies til she graduated ( she was a semester ahead of me). We still exchange Christmas cards. Wonderful lady Maybe I was being too insecure? Not sure but that is how it worked out for me.