Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest hgritstoo

Is there a lawyer in the house?

38 posts in this topic

Well I don't think it is. I shall run a poll to find out!;)

The fact that your boyfriend has never been picked up for soliciting a prostitute tells us next to nothing about the chances of that happening.

Statistics 101.:cool:

The fact that your boyfriend has never been picked up for soliciting a prostitute tells us next to nothing about the chances of that happening.

That's why I started a poll...:rolleyes:

And this ^^^ is true regardless if his result is due to luck or caution.

Well I don't think it is. I shall run a poll to find out!;)

Destiny, regardless of what the poll says, the data shows that most busts happen at the streetwalker/backpage level. Anyone who does that is taking a much bigger risk than people who only see people who screen and have reviews.

Now your better half may be more adept at spotting risky situations than the rest of us and that's why he's remained safe. However I dont think that it's smart to recommend his process as being an example to follow, given the above data.

Now your better half may be more adept at spotting risky situations than the rest of us and that's why he's remained safe. However I dont think that it's smart to recommend his process as being an example to follow, given the above data.

I understand and agree. That is why I started the poll. It will be a more accurate statistic. And as I suspected, the poll favors those that have not been in contact with law enforcement while hobbying...by far.

15 yard penalty for a late hit. :D

We all have our phobias. I don't like spiders, either.

However, I am working real hard on growing a pair. Today, at the mall, I looked a cop right in the eye. So there!

However, I'm still unhappy at the gross violation of my privacy rights as outlined in the article. You should be, too.

Really? Me, too! I can't even type the word. Creepy critters with too many legs are referred to by the first initial only. :P

Yes, the gross violations to our right to privacy are indeed sobering. But that's another topic. IMO you're smart to be cautious. Just because a scenario such as the one you depicted is improbable does not mean it is impossible. It's better to think of all potential outcomes and plan for them than to be completely oblivious and then get blindsided. Plus, it makes for entertaining discussions such as this one. :)

Maybe a little bit of it is the adrenaline/excitement factor? I mean, we ride rollercoasters and pay to go see scary movies. Would the experience be as good for you without the slight adrenaline factor? I don't see a problem with it, unless you see a problem with it.

Researching adrenaline and arousal as it pertains to the OP.

I understand and agree. That is why I started the poll. It will be a more accurate statistic. And as I suspected, the poll favors those that have not been in contact with law enforcement while hobbying...by far.

Yes as I think we all suspected. Otherwise there wouldn't be a hobby. But look at the ones who have been caught. Each one was caught with a streetwalker. So I don'r see how seeing streetwalkers doesn't increase your odds of getting busted. That means your bf is undertaking more risk than the average hobbyist. And people who want to avoid getting busted should stay clear of streetwalkers.

Not so sure about that. By requsting info from your ISP, they can tell when you visited a site. If it matches a review submittal, they know someone with access to that account posted it.

LOL.....And just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get me.

If you truly want to cover your tracks, you should probably

A) park down the street or around the corner.

B) Make sure your phone does not have a separate battery for the GPS, and remove the battery BEFORE you arrive at the providers location. Don't put it back in until you've left.

C) If you post a review, do it via an IP spoofer like TOR.

Look.....I'm not saying we're all about to get our doors busted down. You're right in that we should relax and have fun. And I'm pretty lazy about always sticking to these rules. But I think we ALL need to be aware of the level of info that is available to LE now. If prostitution laws get changed to match the Swedish model (no crime for ASP, FELONY for client) the above tools WILL be used regularly.

You are paranoid, and/or watch too much NCIS. Destiny is correct. Also, there is not necessarily any connection between whom a cell phone is registered to, and an auto license plate number, so without more, there can be no probable cause upon which to attempt to seize private cell phone records which enjoy limited privacy from disclosure. Further, the fact a car with a certain license plate number shows up at a particular residential address is evidence of nothing. Lastly, unless there is some compelling reason, LE is very reluctant to expend the types of resources you suggest, upon nailing one harmless provider, who of course would not have anything to say to LE. Relax, Barney!:D